LEO Encounter in Portland, Oregon

Thread: LEO Encounter in Portland, Oregon

Smile LEO Encounter in Portland, Oregon

This post will be short becuase the encounter was short...

Got pulled over on the 205 Veterens Memorial Bridge going from Portland to Vancouver, WA by a Multnomah County Deputy. I was going a bit over the speed limit (I truely was not watching the speedo). I politely handed the Deputy my drivers lic. and CWP... He barely looked at my drivers license focused in on my CWP said- "Your're one of the good guys." He then wished me a Merry Christmas told me to watch the speedo and sent me on my way.

My wife was friggin shocked! She went back today to get paperwork to renew her expired CWP.:)
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well that is great. Always good to hear a nice encounter. I think the majority of police support us and often only the bad encounters are heard. Thanks for posting your encounter.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

echo_5 Guest

Talking same-same

Here I was thinking that I'm the only one that's happened to. Was hessitant to even post my prior encounters with LE. I get pulled and out of courtesy inform of my CCW. Once it's determined that my permit and weapon are legit I get a warning and on my way. I don't flash it to get out of anything, like I said, it's a courtesy. Between my CCW and Marine Corps sticker on my window, Johnny Law knows I'm a "good guy" and returns the courtesy.

-Drive fast and shoot straight:D

Glad you had a positive encounter. I had a similar experence sometime back here in Texas.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Not me... No hassle on the permit, but wrote me a legit, (but really unwarranted concerning the circumstances), ticket that is costing me dearly. I suppose I was due for one anyway. Been since 1973 since my last one.

7. WHEW! That'll prolly slow you down better than a ticket would anyway eh? :D

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

Great post always glad to hear a good LEO encounter story.
    An armed society is a polite society.

9. That's the way they're supposed to go.