Open carry incident in Nashville gets me detained 2.5 hour at gun point carried AK-47 - Page 11
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry incident in Nashville gets me detained 2.5 hour at gun point carried AK-47

Quote Originally Posted by mwd View Post

When I read cocky post like your own or see stunts like the OP or Arizona dude pulled IMHO it leaves legal and responsible gun owners no choice but to consider you anti-gun.

So, let me get this straight.... You are saying here that my sticking up for something 100% legal, and Constitutional AND pro-2nd amendment makes me anti gun ?????

That does not compute at all. You sir have just proved that you have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE what rights are all about and what they stand for.

Did I anywhere condone what that man did? No I did not.

What I did was point out that the true law in this country (the Constitution) Affirms his right to do what he did.

Ever hear the saying "I dont agree with what you think or say or do, but I will fight to the death for your right to do so"? (cant remember it right, but it is something like that)

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    So, let me get this straight.... You are saying here that my sticking up for something 100% legal, and Constitutional AND pro-2nd amendment makes me anti gun ?????

That does not compute at all. You sir have just proved that you have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE what rights are all about and what they stand for.

Did I anywhere condone what that man did? No I did not.

What I did was point out that the true law in this country (the Constitution) Affirms his right to do what he did.

Ever hear the saying "I dont agree with what you think or say or do, but I will fight to the death for your right to do so"? (cant remember it right, but it is something like that)
    I don't think anybody here was trying to say that he did not have a right to have that particular gun and have it with him. The question was not really if it was legal but rather if it was the prudent thing to do. Again I feel from everything we have read that he was trying to be confrontational on purpose and in so doing set the wrong example for many people that are undecided about gun rights.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I don't think anybody here was trying to say that he did not have a right to have that particular gun and have it with him. The question was not really if it was legal but rather if it was the prudent thing to do. Again I feel from everything we have read that he was trying to be confrontational on purpose and in so doing set the wrong example for many people that are undecided about gun rights.
    Yeah, I agree. While I did not actually classify and count the posts, my feeling is that, in general, his RIGHT to do what he did was supported by most who posted. However, his motivation and general demeanor seems suspect and we all worry about backtracking and losing hard-won legislative battles.

Most everyone was attacking him for what he did, that is very clear. There are more rights affirmed in the bill of Rights than just the 2nd Amendment.

Just because YOU THINK it reflects badly on YOUR PET / FAVORITE Amendment, that gives you the right to attack someone for doing something protected by the same Constitution?

I was simply saying he had the right to do it and to stop attacking him.

THEN, I start getting attacked!

Geesh, nice forum you have here, no-one with other opinions allowed.

Most everyone was attacking him for what he did, that is very clear. There are more rights affirmed in the bill of Rights than just the 2nd Amendment.

Just because YOU THINK it reflects badly on YOUR PET / FAVORITE Amendment, that gives you the right to attack someone for doing something protected by the same Constitution?

I am not sure who you think was "attacking" you. I know I wasn't. Some of the things you said in another post sounded like you were attacking others but that is neither here nor there. You think he did absolutely nothing wrong. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Most of us feel what he did was not a good idea and we have a right to our opinion also. We will have to agree to disagree.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    You think he did absolutely nothing wrong.
    It reminds me of the politicians that get into trouble.. They do NOT say that they did nothing wrong.. They say they did not do anything illegal. You can think of many senators, etc that have said this...
    Now although there statement is technically correct.. (they didn't do anything illegal) it doesn't mean what they did was right.. Just not against the law..
    I would say the same for this situation.. he didn't do anything illegal, but he still should not have done it, at least the way he chose to do it..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

C'mon, man, get a grip. No one was attacking him or you that I saw. What I did see was a lot of disagreement with what he did. Like I told you before, he posted the situation, inviting opinions and he got 'em.

I didn't notice anyone tell him to STFU (ahem...) or to get off the site. Frankly, for the stunt he pulled, I thought the responses were pretty measured. Just me.

9. Just faning the flames.......

You guys are just playing into his hands. He wants attention and you all are giving it to him.
    Just adding fuel to the fire and it keeps growing. You are not going to change his weirdo mind.
    I am a 2nd amendment supporter and a ccw permit carrier. I carry daily either my G19 or a LCP .380. I don't flaunt it.
    I would not walk down the street beside him. He is not promoting our cause he is just supporting his.
    Just my 2 cents

Thumbs down As a retired LE, and an avid open carrier, my $.02 is....

Rule Of Jiu Jitsu = No CHALLENGE, No RESISTANCE, No INJURY

I was all behind the OP, until I got to the part about the tape recorder. Then the orange paint.

1st, let me say, NO one else was there to witness how the OP acted/looked to the rangers questioning. As an LE, I am pretty confident that the OP acted "strange" enough to put these guys on high alert. Enough to warrant being held at gunpoint past the 1st friendly encounter of requesting the OPs pistol license.

2nd, the op was not just out for a leisurely stroll in the park with a weapon for protection. He PURPOSELY dressed and acted (walked around till he found a ranger) with the intent of causing a confrontation (challenge). He then argued with the ranger with the yes-no comments, and the announcement of the audio recording (resistance). He weirded these guys out enough for them to search, handcuff and hold him (injury). A news story was the result (injury to everyone who owns a gun).

The OP was not just another guy looking to protect himself under the 2nd Amendment, but an emotionally disturbed individual looking for 5 minutes of fame in his own twisted idea of fighting for his rights (he already has the right to open carry in the park???? So what exactly was he trying to prove?).

Further evidence of his mental embalance is evidenced by him now parading back and forth in front of the police station, again trying to provoke an encounter with authotities thus placing him back on television.

If I were the LE for that area I would apprehend him, confiscate his weapon(s), and have him held for psychatric evaluation. His actions are out of the norm of what is practiced by the majority of legal gun owners thus giving probable cause for this apprehension.

Again, it is not what he was doing, but how and why he is doing it. This guy is dangerous, like a fireman setting fires, so that he/she (yes a woman did this recently in the news) can be the hero by responding. This guy needs a psych eval NOW!!
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    You guys are just playing into his hands. He wants attention and you all are giving it to him.
    Just adding fuel to the fire and it keeps growing. You are not going to change his weirdo mind.
    I am a 2nd amendment supporter and a ccw permit carrier. I carry daily either my G19 or a LCP .380. I don't flaunt it.
    I would not walk down the street beside him. He is not promoting our cause he is just supporting his.
    Just my 2 cents

++++1

My point exactly. He's doing it for the media coverage/attention, not because he cares about his right to carry.
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast