Open carry incident in Nashville gets me detained 2.5 hour at gun point carried AK-47 - Page 12
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 282

Thread: Open carry incident in Nashville gets me detained 2.5 hour at gun point carried AK-47

  1. AMEN TO THAT....you just confirmed my post.

  2.   
  3. I have the right to jump out of a plane without a chute or dive out of a vehicle into traffic but are those intelligent choices? Where you and I differ is I don't think he did anything that is pro 2nd Amendment. Not even close. This is nothing more than a self serving staged publicity stunt with provocation as its intention. Or $$$.

    We are surrounded by a large number of people that despise guns and an even larger number that just 'tolerate' them. That leaves those of us that either love, or at least don't 'fear', guns as the smallest segment of our population. Of this smallest segment you will be hard pressed to find support for this kind of crap because in the process of exercising his rights he threatens ours.

    State your opinion Axeanda because I too agree with the saying you reference. 'I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' But don't jump down the throats of those of us that see this person as a threat to gun rights. Unfortunately there are 2 definitions to 'gun nut' and one is not good for the other. I didn't say he did anything illegal or unconstitutional, I said he did something that was boneheaded and dangerous on many levels.

  4. I said that my last post on this would be my last ,but I lied
    So here it is, for those that think its about the 2 A .Lets not for get about the North Hollywood shoot out with the LAPD ware the suspects used AK47 that were converted to auto . That my fellow gun owners is what the general public sees because they don't know the difference between the two different guns, all they see is that they are the same ,and that makes them feel uneasy. And yes I have the Balls to do what he did, but I'M not looking to get my 15 sec of fame that way. We all have our own opinion on this but it don't need get into a mud sling,name calling event. This is what he likes to do is cause controversy.We all guilty of it even Me .And if this gets you up set at what I said then so be it I Don't Care ..

  5. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by mwd View Post
    I have the right to jump out of a plane without a chute or dive out of a vehicle into traffic but are those intelligent choices? Where you and I differ is I don't think he did anything that is pro 2nd Amendment. Not even close. This is nothing more than a self serving staged publicity stunt with provocation as its intention. Or $$$.

    We are surrounded by a large number of people that despise guns and an even larger number that just 'tolerate' them. That leaves those of us that either love, or at least don't 'fear', guns as the smallest segment of our population. Of this smallest segment you will be hard pressed to find support for this kind of crap because in the process of exercising his rights he threatens ours.

    State your opinion Axeanda because I too agree with the saying you reference. 'I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' But don't jump down the throats of those of us that see this person as a threat to gun rights. Unfortunately there are 2 definitions to 'gun nut' and one is not good for the other. I didn't say he did anything illegal or unconstitutional, I said he did something that was boneheaded and dangerous on many levels.

    Well, there you go again showing you have no clue what rights are....


    Which one of you have the power of reading minds?

    Do any of you have any camo gear? If you do, does that make you a wanna-be media hound too?

    This country was founded on people fleeing persecution and to find freedom to do what they wanted to with their lives.

    You act like your way of demonstrating or being active in our fight against the unjust laws is the only right way and condemn/attack anyone who does not go along with your view of how it should be done.

    The Constitution Affirms OUR freedoms to do what we want, when we want, not just if it pleases the majority. (as long as we dont infringe on anothers rights while doing so)

    Dont try to tell me that he harmed our fight, took us back a few steps, etc...... you have no clue what it did.

    From what I have seen, no-one was shot, no-one is in jail, the mean terrible looking possessed orange weapon of mass destruction didnt go on any killing spree, The public and the responding officers got educated that it is legal to carry an AK-variant pistol, and that there is such a thing. How in the hell did this hurt anything?????????

  6. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Well, there you go again showing you have no clue what rights are....


    Which one of you have the power of reading minds?

    Do any of you have any camo gear? If you do, does that make you a wanna-be media hound too?

    This country was founded on people fleeing persecution and to find freedom to do what they wanted to with their lives.

    You act like your way of demonstrating or being active in our fight against the unjust laws is the only right way and condemn/attack anyone who does not go along with your view of how it should be done.

    The Constitution Affirms OUR freedoms to do what we want, when we want, not just if it pleases the majority. (as long as we dont infringe on anothers rights while doing so)

    Dont try to tell me that he harmed our fight, took us back a few steps, etc...... you have no clue what it did.

    From what I have seen, no-one was shot, no-one is in jail, the mean terrible looking possessed orange weapon of mass destruction didnt go on any killing spree, The public and the responding officers got educated that it is legal to carry an AK-variant pistol, and that there is such a thing. How in the hell did this hurt anything?????????
    It's pretty obvious that those posting to this forum know and understand what their rights are. It is also obvious that a few people posting to this forum take their rights for granted.

    "How the hell did this hurt anything????????" As was said earlier, we just can't know that yet can we. The TN General Assembly is currently not in session. But has I tried to inform you earlier, they must reconsider the bill that allowed the OP to carry a handgun in a park due to the fact that a carry in restaurants provision was found to be vague and therefore unconstitutional in Tennessee. Parts or all of the bill will be modified, or removed from law. In other words, the jury is still out.

  7. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,098

    Exclamation You'll make a great lawyer someday

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Well, there you go again showing you have no clue what rights are....


    Which one of you have the power of reading minds?

    Do any of you have any camo gear? If you do, does that make you a wanna-be media hound too?

    This country was founded on people fleeing persecution and to find freedom to do what they wanted to with their lives.

    You act like your way of demonstrating or being active in our fight against the unjust laws is the only right way and condemn/attack anyone who does not go along with your view of how it should be done.

    The Constitution Affirms OUR freedoms to do what we want, when we want, not just if it pleases the majority. (as long as we dont infringe on anothers rights while doing so)

    Dont try to tell me that he harmed our fight, took us back a few steps, etc...... you have no clue what it did.

    From what I have seen, no-one was shot, no-one is in jail, the mean terrible looking possessed orange weapon of mass destruction didnt go on any killing spree, The public and the responding officers got educated that it is legal to carry an AK-variant pistol, and that there is such a thing. How in the hell did this hurt anything?????????
    You are right he did not physically hurt anything or anyone but the bad press he gave legal gun owners did irrepairable damage to the confidence that the public has in us as a whole. Was he with in his rights? Yes was he using his noggin...NOPE! I take issue with those who chose to damage others by negligence. He falls into that category. Did you really read the news articles this guy generated? Being called a Gunman is not a good thing. Making other people feel uneasy not a good thing. Causing uniformed officers to call for back-up not a good thing.

    He could have and should have reacted much differently. The whole taped conversation tells me he not only planned this in advance but wanted the confrontation. He does not warrant the respect that I reserve for every other gun toting patron of this board because he has not earned it. I definitely do not trust his judgement nor do I support his actions. I think the ranger acted accordingly. They detained a guy who was generating complaints and held him until they sorted out whether or not he was a threat to himself or others. They did not beat him, taze him or shoot him. KUDOS to the rangers for the restraint they showed while they sorted this thing out.

    Again Gun Painted to look like toy = Bad Thing
    Looking for confrontation and taping it for attention and possible future legal action=bad thing
    wearing Camo and carrying an assault styled weapon in a public venue in light of all the active shooter situations that have taken place since Columbine=Bad Thing

    Illegal=no
    within his rights=yes
    permanent damage to public opinion of gun owners=VERY BAD THING
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  8. #117
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vermont (least gun control in America!)
    Posts
    10
    I can understand the guy being stopped and questioned but, if true, I see no reason why someone presenting no threat needs to be forced into a prostrate position, and I have a hard time believing that any competent LEO isn't familiar with basic federal firearms rules. I for one do not think LEOs should be allowed to arrest without proper grounds.

    Who cares if the thing is painted orange? Who says guns or flash suppressors can't be orange? I've always wondered who the idiots are that came up with the idea or "law", if that's the case, that toy guns need orange tips--are they stupid enough to think criminals won't modify the toys, or are they worried that cops are going to shoot kids as they're playing? I fail to see how having a weapon that resembles a toy is more "dangerous"; I would think it less alarming to anyone including LEOs.

    Who cares if the guy is carrying an AK47 pistol versus some other weapon? Similarly, who the hell cares if the guy was wearing a camouflage jacket? It surprises and disappoints me to witness the same kind of ignorance in this forum that is rampant in the country.

  9. #118
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    108
    I have followed this this thread since it started.You are a Showman.... Hey, Look at me I have a Gun.... Are You on Acorns Payrolll. Something just Stinks....

  10. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by BillW View Post
    I can understand the guy being stopped and questioned but, if true, I see no reason why someone presenting no threat needs to be forced into a prostrate position, and I have a hard time believing that any competent LEO isn't familiar with basic federal firearms rules. I for one do not think LEOs should be allowed to arrest without proper grounds.

    Who cares if the thing is painted orange? Who says guns or flash suppressors can't be orange? I've always wondered who the idiots are that came up with the idea or "law", if that's the case, that toy guns need orange tips--are they stupid enough to think criminals won't modify the toys, or are they worried that cops are going to shoot kids as they're playing? I fail to see how having a weapon that resembles a toy is more "dangerous"; I would think it less alarming to anyone including LEOs.

    Who cares if the guy is carrying an AK47 pistol versus some other weapon? Similarly, who the hell cares if the guy was wearing a camouflage jacket? It surprises and disappoints me to witness the same kind of ignorance in this forum that is rampant in the country.
    It surprises and disappoints me that you can not see this for what it is. A grandstand publicity stunt by a publicity hound that has nothing better to do with his time than try and tie up the police officers that very likely could be needed somewhere else. What this trouble maker needs is a psychological profile because he obviously is a few bricks shy a load. I am floored that anyone in their right mind would try and defend this nut job. Again, within his rights? Yes. A candidate for idiot of the year. Absolutely.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  11. #120
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    It surprises and disappoints me that you can not see this for what it is. A grandstand publicity stunt by a publicity hound that has nothing better to do with his time than try and tie up the police officers that very likely could be needed somewhere else. What this trouble maker needs is a psychological profile because he obviously is a few bricks shy a load. I am floored that anyone in their right mind would try and defend this nut job. Again, within his rights? Yes. A candidate for idiot of the year. Absolutely.
    Like said.... time to put this thread to bed, and I agree with HK4U, Get some help, before your next stunt and, some Officer who has just got out of training, Shoots you...

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast