Open carry incident in Nashville gets me detained 2.5 hour at gun point carried AK-47 - Page 14
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry incident in Nashville gets me detained 2.5 hour at gun point carried AK-47

This guy didn't tie up the cops--they tied themselves up for no good reason. They could've looked at his CCW permit, run a quick check, and let him go on his way--in ten minutes or less. It might have been a stunt, and it might have been something I wouldn't do, but it certainly illustrates what we're trying to educate and vote against--irrational fear and control of firearms. Furthermore, as much as I appreciate the necessary services rendered by men in uniform, the founding fathers were oh-so-right in trying to create a system of government that protects us from the inevitable abuses and persecution by those who have anything but strictly circumscribed powers. Those cops demonstrated a callous disregard for the rights of that man, and that is what we have to fear in this country right now. I appreciate that there are some people willing to push back against the leviathan.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    ...I carry 100% of the time...
    +1 Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    It surprises and disappoints me that you can not see this for what it is. A grandstand publicity stunt by a publicity hound that has nothing better to do with his time than try and tie up the police officers that very likely could be needed somewhere else. What this trouble maker needs is a psychological profile because he obviously is a few bricks shy a load. I am floored that anyone in their right mind would try and defend this nut job. Again, within his rights? Yes. A candidate for idiot of the year. Absolutely.
    Thought we may disagree with some of it, the general gun-toting public may support the opposing, irrational, and sometimes unjustifiably illogical points of view often proffered here on this site. As well, the general, gun-toting public may also support this other fellow's right to commit his publicity stunt under the auspicious rights of free speech and the pursuit of happiness. We might not agree with any of it, but we may still support those who choose to get mired-up in it. Then again, maybe not.

I consider someone painting the tip of their gun orange to fool people the same as someone waving a white flag to try and gain access to the enemies camp to set off an explosion. If not for the orange paint I would fully support kwik but as far as I am concerned he should be locked away in a looney bin with a camera on him at all times so the public could follow him and give him all the attention he yerns for.

Basically, what I'm hearing (and this has been my viewpoint, also) that, while the guy was within his legal rights to do what he did, a lot of us thought it was...well...just plain stupid.

For those of you who unequivocally support what he did, and are upset with the rest of us, try this on for size:

Your youngest daughter walks home from elementary school every day and passes this weird, old guy (scraggly, greasy hair, chugging a beer while scratching himself through his torn and dirty wife-beater t-shirt) who is sitting on his porch every day watching her walk by. He talks to her ("Hi, how you doing today?" "Want to come and visit with me awhile"?). While he has not accosted her in any way, she is becoming creeped out and mentions this to you.

What do you do?

If you're like every other parent I know, your daughter is not gonna continue her daily walk by this creep. But, this guy has done nothing wrong, is within his legal rights to drink beer on his porch and chat to passersby. If he's totally within his rights, then, according to your argument on this thread, you leave him alone; nay, you support him. And because he's well within his rights, there's no problem, and you just let your little girl continue her daily stroll by his house. Right?

To me, this analogy hold sway in the current argument. Yeah, some things might be legal, but they are not always smart, and furthermore, might get you some attention from LEO, or others.

Am I missing the boat here?

Another poster posted the following. I will re post it because it pretty well sums it up.

All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.
    1 Corinthians 10:22-24
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Using Scripture 100% out of context only shows you have no clue what the Bible is for or what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I consider someone painting the tip of their gun orange to fool people the same as someone waving a white flag to try and gain access to the enemies camp to set off an explosion. If not for the orange paint I would fully support kwik but as far as I am concerned he should be locked away in a looney bin with a camera on him at all times so the public could follow him and give him all the attention he yerns for.
    IIRC, painting a real gun to mimic a toy was at least prpoposed to be a crime.
    The point of te orange tip was to keep cops from shooting 10 year old kids playing cops and robbers. The proposal included penalties for criminals who painted their real guns to gain an advantage over the cops.

Don't know if that actually became law... but it should have.
    Like the white flag ruse, it is evil in intent.
    The people think the Second Amendment protects their rights;
    Government sees an obstacle to be over-come.
    NRA Life since 1966

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Using Scripture 100% out of context only shows you have no clue what the Bible is for or what it means.

Your support of this rocket scientist shows that you have no clue about anything and when I need a lecture on scripture I will go to someone that knows something about it not an idiot.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I really like JJflash's analogy with the old man on the porch, perhaps putting him standing on the side of the road near a school bus stop would be even more scary, but still ... HE WOULD BE TOTALLY WITHIN HIS "RIGHTS" and based on the arguments here, you would have to support him and LEO "checking him out" would be totally innappropriate.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast