Open carry incident in Nashville gets me detained 2.5 hour at gun point carried AK-47 - Page 18
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry incident in Nashville gets me detained 2.5 hour at gun point carried AK-47

Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post
    Your "rights" are simply law that was written by men, members of the PUBLIC who wrote that law based on their perception. Today whether you have rights or not is based on what the legislatures and the courts say. Both are made up of and highly influenced by the perception of members of the PUBLIC!

If you for a minute believe that you are going to be able to use your arms to protect your "rights" based on infringement then you will be sorely mistaken and likely dead. You may die for your cause, which puts you right there with suicide bombers and others who make little or no difference other than to rid the world of themselves.

YES, if the government took up arms and attacked the populous then the people would likely rise up and band together to defend themselves ... 'A WELL REGULATED MILITA BEING NECCESSARY'.

However that scenerio is really very unlikely to happen. If the government decided to ban all firearms and began the house to house seizure that so many predict, YOU WILL NOT see an armed uprising by the masses. You WILL see hundreds of thousands of firearms turned in and a much less safe country left behind. You may see pockets of violence, which will be quickly and fatally surpressed but not to the point of stimulating an uprising ... we are not mentally prepared as a country for that yet.

It is ONLY the perception of the people influencing those in decision making power that prevents these actions from being unleashed.

I appologize NOT for complaining about those who influence that perception negitively and if you believe that walking around with a show of force will HELP you keep those rights, I appologize NOT for what will happen to you and those rights in the future.

All I see here in this part of your post is cowardice and defeatism. You are saying that YOU dont have what it takes to stand up for yourself or our Constitutional Rights.

Please stop projecting your cowardice onto others who have the fortitude to do what needs done.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”—Samuel Adams

Just testing but this is the original gun that kwikrnu posted as the one he carried in the park. He painted the rest of the gun after the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    ... don't know about the rest of you guys but I think we are wasting our time here.
    At this point... I'm convinced there are some here who wouldn't even be willing to agree to disagree!! Yikes!!
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Quote Originally Posted by SA1911 View Post
    I understand that you may carry 35 rds of pistol ammo on you, but I don't understand ammo that has the ability
    to travel up to two miles to be use to protect your self in a park. Although the gun was manufactured as a pistol it still uses military ammo and not pistol ammo. Don't get me wrong here Its not the ammo or even the gun that is in question its the fact he drew attention to him self by having this type of weapon on him. The whole
    point here is not to scare people to where they don't feel safe in a parks .Just think how you would feel if your wife was out walking in that park and saw a man with this type of gun on his chest not knowing if he was crazy
    or a law abiding citizen, This day and time Women are getting raped an even KILLED in the parks.

I carry a SA 1911 A1 for protection and not to intimidate people . I'm for the Rights of the ALL GUN owners..
    .45 ACP was once "military ammo"
    .30-06 was once "military ammo"
    9mm is now "military ammo"
    In some circles, 5.7 x 28 is now "military ammo"

Shall I continue?
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post

I also see this act similar to what the perv's do in SanFran and anywhere else there allowed to display there lifestyle. FORCING a "controversal" lifestyle on the general populous of sheeple is at best ill advised. It could also have a detrimental affect on the ENTIRE" pro-gun movement!
    VERY INTERESTING new perspective to this. I like the comparison (not the mental picture).
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaynelson View Post
    At this point... I'm convinced there are some here who wouldn't even be willing to agree to disagree!! Yikes!!
    True but one thing that is not missing and that is a lot of bravado. Perhaps we should get a big sign and wear it that says LOOK AT ME EVERYONE I AM A GUN OWNER. Then we could walk around downtown and through the parks to prove what great 2nd Amendment supporters we are. Is that not basically what we are hearing from some, that if we do not go out and intentionally stir up trouble we are somehow not true patriots?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

True but one thing that is not missing and that is a lot of bravado. Perhaps we should get a big sign and wear it that says LOOK AT ME EVERYONE I AM A GUN OWNER. Then we could walk around downtown and through the parks to prove what great 2nd Amendment supporters we are. Is that not basically what we are hearing from some, that if we do not go out and intentionally stir up trouble we are somehow not true patriots?
    Let it go, HK. There's nothing to be gained here.

However, hereby let it be known, that when all the Patriots get together, anybody carrying an orange weapon or wearing a speedo will NOT stand next to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Let it go, HK. There's nothing to be gained here.

However, hereby let it be known, that when all the Patriots get together, anybody carrying an orange weapon or wearing a speedo will NOT stand next to me.
    especially the speedo.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

especially the speedo.
    Actually, I'm now thinking that I might want them next to me cause I sure don't want either one of them behind me! I wouldn't trust the one with the orange spray-painted weapon not to shoot me, and the one wearing the speedo, well...

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    ... however, hereby let it be known, that when all the Patriots get together, anybody carrying an orange weapon or wearing a speedo will NOT stand next to me.
    Nice! Not a great visual... but... ha! :)
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast