Open carry incident in Nashville gets me detained 2.5 hour at gun point carried AK-47 - Page 6
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry incident in Nashville gets me detained 2.5 hour at gun point carried AK-47

I really don't see the problem. I carried the orange AK downtown Franklin Tennessee for about 1.5 hours yesterday at noon.

I rest my case.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by SA1911 View Post
    As I have read everyone's comment on this matter, It seems to me that although it was a legal weapon to have, 31 rds was a
    little excessive to have on one person in one one mag. I think this was clearly a poor decision on your part to test the limits
    on gun laws in a state park. You made people that have done nothing to you feel uneasy with your presents and that may friend is not what this about. You did nothing wrong but make a poor decision on what to carry to the park.and what does
    poacher's have to do with it, where you looking to get in a gun fight ? This how we as gun owners and CCW holders get a bad name from the press and the general public. SA1911
    Basically, it's none of your damned business if he has 31 rounds or 310. There's no law defining excessive, it's just your opinion. There were no limits to test. The law is the law.

I would have no issue with this if he had just fought it out privately, perhaps with a well-placed letter to the police, a letter to the editor, or a personal rebuttal to the sensationalist local news. My beef is the fact that he's running around with a gun painted in the same way toys are, and he's been on every internet forum with "gun" in its name bragging (??) about the instance.

He is an attention whore, plain and simple. This is not how a 2A advocate behaves.

Furthermore, 2A advocates don't go around second-guessing each other regarding what each person decides to carry, so long as they are within the law.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I really don't see the problem. I carried the orange AK downtown Franklin Tennessee for about 1.5 hours yesterday at noon.

I rest my case.
    You must not have a job if all you're doing is pacing around suburban Nashville looking to get arrested. It reminds me of that douchebag that came on here with his video showing him getting arrested in Ohio. Attention whores. No more, no less.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

5. Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    You must not have a job if all you're doing is pacing around suburban Nashville looking to get arrested. It reminds me of that douchebag that came on here with his video showing him getting arrested in Ohio. Attention whores. No more, no less.
    LOL he's going to get a huge sum from Ohio i'm sure.

You confuse me- you seem to go back and forth on your position...which is it?
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

I know I might seem a little unhinged, but here's a slightly clarified position:

Guy in park with AK47, pistol variant , with permit, where legal to openly carry....yay, good for him.

Painting said pistol in the same fashion as toy guns, then parading around every internet message board bragging about your exploits.....douchebaggery.

Busting this guy's balls because he only seems out for attention (or a payday)....good for us.

Busting this guy's balls because he chooses to carry an AK47, pistol variant ....boo for you.

Does that help?

7. Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    I know I might seem a little unhinged, but here's a slightly clarified position:

Guy in park with AK47, pistol variant , with permit, where legal to openly carry....yay, good for him.

Painting said pistol in the same fashion as toy guns, then parading around every internet message board bragging about your exploits.....douchebaggery.

Busting this guy's balls because he only seems out for attention (or a payday)....good for us.

Busting this guy's balls because he chooses to carry an AK47, pistol variant ....boo for you.

Does that help?
    lol it does, thank you.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

8. Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    When I carry my Glock 17 and a spare mag I have 34 rounds + 1 in chamber...

I understand that you may carry 35 rds of pistol ammo on you, but I don't understand ammo that has the ability
    to travel up to two miles to be use to protect your self in a park. Although the gun was manufactured as a pistol it still uses military ammo and not pistol ammo. Don't get me wrong here Its not the ammo or even the gun that is in question its the fact he drew attention to him self by having this type of weapon on him. The whole
    point here is not to scare people to where they don't feel safe in a parks .Just think how you would feel if your wife was out walking in that park and saw a man with this type of gun on his chest not knowing if he was crazy
    or a law abiding citizen, This day and time Women are getting raped an even KILLED in the parks.

I carry a SA 1911 A1 for protection and not to intimidate people . I'm for the Rights of the ALL GUN owners..

Quote Originally Posted by SA1911 View Post
    I carry a SA 1911 A1 for protection and not to intimidate people . I'm for the Rights of the ALL GUN owners..
    I carry a ruger LCP .380 for protection and not to intimidate people. I'm for the Rights of the ALL GUN owners unless they carry something bigger than a .380.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
    I carry a ruger LCP .380 for protection and not to intimidate people. I'm for the Rights of the ALL GUN owners unless they carry something bigger than a .380.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
    I really don't see the problem. I carried the orange AK downtown Franklin Tennessee for about 1.5 hours yesterday at noon. I walked by the police station a couple of times and the County court house once. .
    Why?

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast