CCW Rules You Can Live By. - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: CCW Rules You Can Live By.

Quote Originally Posted by stever1952 View Post
    Thanks for the comments Scott.

I have been held at gun point a time or two and it is no fun looking down the business end of a gun or two with a rookie cop with an itchy trigger finger.

If I carry I accept that LEOs may not believe I am a fine upstanding citizen upon immediate contact. I accept that I may create fear in the LEO because I carry and they do not know my intent or my history (or lack of it). I also accept that the LEO may feel the need to disarm me until they understand why I have a firearm on my person. I don't think these are unreasonable actions in todays world.

We had a female LEO shot and killed recently so I expect other LEOs in the state to be a bit jumpy. I have no intention to make them afraid of me or to misunderstand my intent with my firearm. I will do what ever is required to protect myself from being accidentally misunderstood by my actions or lack of them.

Resisting direct orders by a LEO is an invitation for disaster. There is nothing to be gained by doing so except for a long and difficult encounter...or maybe a very short and deadly one. Why risk it? Put yourself in their place...approaching an unknown person and suddenly finding out they are armed. That is why I would do everything I could to make sure the LEO does not see me as a threat. Compliance to their orders is easy and very well may keep you alive.

I won't comment on the comments dealing with resisting a LEO. If you resist you can expect the full wrath (with backup) of the LEO. Not my cup of tea.
    Agreed
    -Austin

Quote Originally Posted by actionshooter View Post
    Are you God? A moderator? The OP?

No?

Cool. Let's start over.

You have NO "right" to resist a lawful arrest. see#1 below

A lawful arrest is defined as an arrest made with good probable cause and with the minimum amount of force necessary to make the arrest.

It doesn't matter "if you did it". It doesn't matter if you want to go to jail. It doesn't matter.

And yes, the courts do decide what constitutes a "lawful arrest" and and "excessive force". You get to guess and hope you guess correctly.

Explain what "unlawful orders" you are referring to in the referenced post.

Explain what "false/illegal power" you are referencing in the above post
    see #2 below

Hopefully these questions will be clear and explicit enough that you will not feel the need to sidestep them as you repeatedly have others throughout this thread. see #3 below
    #1. That is a fabrication of your own mind, it was NEVER SAID BY ME

#2. You can read the prior posts IN THIS THREAD, not other threads on other forums.... and find the answers.

#3. Another fabrication of your own mind, and of theirs, THEY DID THE SIDESTEPPING, inventing words and putting them in between mine, thinking I (and others) wrote something that I (we) did not, then arguing a point that was never made in the first place.... does not deserve any further answers or consideration.

Why are you asking this? Because I told someone not to cross-post things from other forums and threads? You are actually saying it is ok to do this?
    That is the same as me holding you accountable for saying a sentence in a conversation 3 weeks ago at Joe's house when you were talking about cars, and
    now inserting that sentence into a conversation at Lori's house about cooking, and trying to hold you accountable to it. It has no bearing, nothing to do with the current situation/subject. If that is hard for you to understand, well........ maybe you need to go back to the kids table......

A bonus for you: GO AWAY TROLL

4. Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    #1. That is a fabrication of your own mind, it was NEVER SAID BY ME

#2. You can read the prior posts IN THIS THREAD, not other threads on other forums.... and find the answers.

#3. Another fabrication of your own mind, and of theirs, THEY DID THE SIDESTEPPING, inventing words and putting them in between mine, thinking I (and others) wrote something that I (we) did not, then arguing a point that was never made in the first place.... does not deserve any further answers or consideration.

Why are you asking this? Because I told someone not to cross-post things from other forums and threads? You are actually saying it is ok to do this?
    That is the same as me holding you accountable for saying a sentence in a conversation 3 weeks ago at Joe's house when you were talking about cars, and
    now inserting that sentence into a conversation at Lori's house about cooking, and trying to hold you accountable to it. It has no bearing, nothing to do with the current situation/subject. If that is hard for you to understand, well........ maybe you need to go back to the kids table......

A bonus for you: GO AWAY TROLL
    LMAO. Thanks for confirming what I had suspected.

You are incapable of clearly stating your thoughts and opinions. I'm guessing this is because you are simply a parrot that repeats things you hear without understanding the salient points.

Proof that your points aren't clear would be the multiple people asking for clarification.

Oh wait, that would be because no one else can keep up with your vast intellect...lol

Since this has degraded to just Trolls, I am done with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    .... geeze

If I ever act like this would ya'll please point it out to me so I can't shoot myself???

So much for the spirit of conversation and debate.
    "Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God and Never Forget a Friend. "

As to trolls, I think the main accuser needs to look in the mirror. I've been a mod on an automotive board for a while now and I know one when I see one.

I'll be the first to admit that there are some cops that have gone over the line and even don't know to the letter of the law all of the citizen firearm rights in their respective state like they should know. No excuse for not knowing what you should know especially with the varied forms of training available today to keep the knowledge base up to par. What I cannot stomach is blatent cop bashing and gross indictments of the whole. LEOs have an increasingly difficult job to do, hell, to the point that one would wonder why anybody with a brain cell would want to do it anymore. The attitude seen here by Axeanda45 is but one reason why it has become so. This is an imperfect nation in an imperfect world with a pitiful government at the moment strewn with imperfect people held together by a WAY imperfect judiciary. Until you're ready to put your money where your mouth is, don't dare condemn the whole of anything. My experience has been that the ones that whine and condemn the most are willing to do the least themselves.

To the rest of you, I apologize for my rant, but this just plain pushed my buttons.
    Last edited by WJN Firearms; 01-20-2010 at 09:50 AM. Reason: grammar error because I'm pissed

8. Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    So a troll is someone that asks questions you don't want to answer?

Got it.

Have a nice day.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    RussP,

This thread , the one you are reading now is the one we are discussing, NO OTHER! Mentioning posts from other threads and from other forums, where those you pasted here are from, like you did is extremely confusing to all who read the thread. Keep all posts in the correct thread and FORUM!!!!!

If you have questions such as you posed to me, you could have asked me in a PM or started another thread. This thread is NOT the same subject as the thread you got those other quotes from. Yes, I wrote them, not saying I didnt at all, but they don't apply here in this thread, they are about different subjects/circumstances.
    A person on the internet is sometimes like a jig-saw puzzle with the pieces strewn about in different rooms. Until you gather the pieces you cannot put the puzzle together. Generally, a person does not post differently in various threads on one forum. Some do, however, post in different ways on different forums. They use different words, express different thoughts, espouse different beliefs based on the theme of the forum and the subject under discussion.

Still, to complete the jig-saw puzzle, to completely understand the person, the thoughts and beliefs spread over the internet should be brought to the puzzle table and the pieces put together.

10. Quote Originally Posted by WJN Firearms View Post
    ...I'll be the first to admit that there are some cops that have gone over the line and even don't know to the letter of the law all of the citizen firearm rights in their respective state like they should know. No excuse for not knowing what you should know especially with the varied forms of training available today to keep the knowledge base up to par. What I cannot stomach is blatent cop bashing and gross indictments of the whole. LEOs have an increasingly difficult job to do, hell, to the point that one would wonder why anybody with a brain cell would want to do it anymore. The attitude seen here by Axeanda45 is but one reason why it has become so. This is an imperfect nation in an imperfect world with a pitiful government at the moment strewn with imperfect people held together by a WAY imperfect judiciary. Until you're ready to put your money where your mouth is, don't dare condemn the whole of anything. My experience has been that the ones that whine and condemn the most are willing to do the least themselves.

To the rest of you, I apologize for my rant, but this just plain pushed my buttons.
    Well said...

Quote Originally Posted by WJN Firearms View Post
    As to trolls, I think the main accuser needs to look in the mirror. I've been a mod on an automotive board for a while now and I know one when I see one.

I'll be the first to admit that there are some cops that have gone over the line and even don't know to the letter of the law all of the citizen firearm rights in their respective state like they should know. No excuse for not knowing what you should know especially with the varied forms of training available today to keep the knowledge base up to par. What I cannot stomach is blatent cop bashing and gross indictments of the whole. LEOs have an increasingly difficult job to do, hell, to the point that one would wonder why anybody with a brain cell would want to do it anymore. The attitude seen here by Axeanda45 is but one reason why it has become so. This is an imperfect nation in an imperfect world with a pitiful government at the moment strewn with imperfect people held together by a WAY imperfect judiciary. Until you're ready to put your money where your mouth is, don't dare condemn the whole of anything. My experience has been that the ones that whine and condemn the most are willing to do the least themselves.

You have just proven you havent even read any of my posts, you have accused me of saying the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I said in this thread, which shows you didn't even read it.

You need to go back and read posts #11 ,14, 24(esp. the last paragraph) 57 (dont get confused by his pasting stuff from other threads, read my response)

"What I cannot stomach is blatent cop bashing and gross indictments of the whole"

Please show me ONE SINGLE INSTANCE IN THIS THREAD WHERE I DID THIS!!!

You sir, have added words to my posts (if you even read them) and have come to conclusions based on heresay and lies from other posters (trolls) that were doing the same as you now are guilty of.

No-one has given any facts to dispute what I have provided/said, only misdirection and emotional outbursts that prove nothing.

"The attitude seen here by Axeanda45 "

My attitude..... is I am pissed at people like you coming to ignorant conclusions/assumptions and attacking me and calling me names and such for doing something I HAVE NOT DONE.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast