SC State Trooper - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SC State Trooper

That MI link

also has quite a bit of information to consider.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

In addition to

the Wikipedia link, you should google the Grand Lodge website in your state (or several states) for additional information IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

The information on Wikipedia is very Euro-centered on the history between England and the continental lodges. Remember all the wars and political/cultural issues that come about over there. While that is where Freemasonry gained acceptance and, perhaps, power, you might be better advised to research what most Americans believe about their history, our organization and membership.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

4. LEO Encounters

I was working for an engineering company that does test and balance on HVAC systems back in 1997. I had just finished a setup on a school in Hilton Head and was on my way back home thru. Columbia and a new job I had to get to fast in Apex,NC. It was the beginning of the school year and all the new construction on schools had to be certified before the systems could be turned on. As I made my way thru. a little town named Lexington,S.C. I was exhausted and really just wanted to go to my house about 5 miles ahead and get a few hours sleep before starting out to Apex on the other side of Raliegh,NC. It was about 2 a.m. when blue lights lit up in the rear view mirror of my old co. van. A SC state trooper walked up and told me my tag lite was burned out. I was dreading telling him I was armed because I had heard horror stories at my CCW class about problems with the cops. I humbly handed him my DL,insurance,reg,and CCW and said "They told me at the CCW class I am supposed to tell you I am armed". He smiled and said "That's the law....now what are you carrying and exactly where is it?" I told him I had a Beretta Tom Cat in my rt. front pants pocket and was carrying because I had to constantly stay on the road in motels for my job. He smiled and said"Just keep that Tom Cat in your pocket and we'll both be okay...okay?" He returned a few minutes later with a warning ticket and said God bless you on your journey...try to get that light fixed or the cops are just going to keep stopping you. I drove away and stopped at the Wal Mart a few hours later before I headed out to Apex. It took me about 2 min. to replace the bulb. I think some times we loose sight of the fact that the police are just people. I believe most people are good therefore most cops are good too.

Its good to hear that ya'll had good encounter with a LEO, As Pvt said, there good people, if only everyone knew,,
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

Normally Masons are known as respectable, law abiding citizens, or should be at least or their lodge should kick them out. Most likely this and the fact your FIL was a concealed carry holder plus no doubt the respectful manner you all dealt with the Trooper told him you FIL was a very respectable law abiding citizen and most times this goes a long way with LEO's that deal with "jerks" alot during their tour of duty. BTW, i am a Mason and CC holder too but not a LEO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12