The REAL Deal! WARNING: VERY Graphic! Let it burn in and learn from it! - Page 10
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL Deal! WARNING: VERY Graphic! Let it burn in and learn from it!

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Take it easy, AmME. It's just a difference of opinion. There is room for it on this site.
    I'm aware of that. The DP would be effective if it were carried out in rapid order....and do it in public or televise it! Talk about deterrent possibilities!
    An ARMED individual is a CITIZEN! ...An UNARMED individual is a SUBJECT!

Quote Originally Posted by Marissa View Post
    I love to argue (ask my husband ) so I'm always game if I feel as though I can intelligently participate.

If I walk into a room and see a BG standing over a victim and he taunts me and brags ect- then I would (at least in theory) hold him for LEO. I really and truly do not believe in revenge. I am a very Christian woman with very Christian beliefs. And even though I may WANT to kill the BG I would not want to act upon that desire.
    He who sheddeth the blood of another man, by man so shall his blood be sheddeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post

Well, to address your first "point", I actually AM paying for the upkeep of the murdering scum, as are you and every other taxpayer.

And, yes, I am quite sure that I am in the right place. This forum is like a cozy little seaside cottage that I get to relax in for a few minutes every day. I'll even save a space for you here in the hot tub, AmMe. I'm sure that your temper will help heat the water up just fine.

Also, if you could pin down my "type", you know, the one that makes you so irate, I would certainly appreciate it if you let me know. I haven't been able to definitively pitch my philosophical tent in any "type"s camp. I would appreciate a little direction to my people!
    Yeah I know my tax dollars are supporting the scumbags who murder.....3 hots and a cot and ALL the other "bennies" they should forfeit....24/7/365 and I despise having to. The difference is that I am FOR the DP and YOU are AGAINST it which suggests that you are ok caring for them with your tax dollars!

Plain and simple....it IS what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by DonSmithnotTMD View Post
    Never said he went to it. After all it's never gonna happen to you right.

I should have ponted out they all seem to be standard LEO training rather than fight-oriented courses.

You're right about mindset. He might have had one of those moments where he simply didn't understand what was happening to him. There's a ton of discussion about how "modern, civilized people" simply don't think anyone would want to hurt them.
    Yeah, that's what it seemed like to me: he just didn't seem to believe that this guy was not going to listen to him. And the whole time the BG is loading his weapon...what a state of denial on this poor young guy's part.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

As a former LEO and Field Training Officer, before I set foot on the streets on my first day out of the Academy, I went through the mental process determining that I would use deadly force, as provided under the laws of Texas, if the time ever arose that demanded that use. I always made sure my rookies went through that thought process also.

In Texas, at that time, we could use deadly force to protect property, as well as human life. I made the decision not to use deadly force to protect property. That was my choice. Other officers did not make the same choice.

It appears that this officer had not made the decision that he would employ deadly force if required. Perhaps no one ever made him aware of the need to make that decision before the need arose, but I don't think he was ready to take a life in the line of duty. That perhaps is why he was so reluctant to fire at the offender.

JMHO

I am a veteran of two tours in Vietnam and I also served in Chile and Germany. My service spanned 8 years. Germany was a cake walk compared to Vietnam amd Chile.

Over the years, I known many police officers that will try to give the guy on the street every chance to not go to jail or get a traffice ticket. Then I know others that service in police departments that had an officer murdered while doing routine things like serving a court appearance notice for a traffic ticket.

Being in Vietnam, or Korea or the Gulf War or the current mess in the world, these experiences affect people, that is a fact of life. Some people you would never know that they were in the military in a war because they are so gentle, while others have a really bad attitude, but this can be said about the genral population.

If a barrel appeared, I would draw down and fire. No questions asked.

What does having a high draft number have to do with anything, I joined up right after high school, I got a chest full of salad and over all never regretted serving in the Army. I am not the post child for military service, but the old G.I. Bill did paid for me to finish college, plus I got three years of college out of the way while in the military. I won't use the VA, never liked many of the other benefits, but when I got a job in the late 70s, they were looking for a minority and Vietnam Vets are listed as minorities by federal law. The only good thing I got out of the Army was my butt alive.

Back to this situation, we have too many LEOs killed in the line of duty, a few should have never been in those situation. Where I live now, if an idiot comes into rob a store, they could be looking down the barrel of the guns from several honest citizens. But that would be up the road a piece from me, where I live speeding is the big crime.

Jerry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    North American Hunting Club Life Member
    Crossbow Nation

Quote Originally Posted by miestrojerry View Post
    I am a veteran of two tours in Vietnam and I also served in Chile and Germany. My service spanned 8 years. Germany was a cake walk compared to Vietnam amd Chile.

Over the years, I known many police officers that will try to give the guy on the street every chance to not go to jail or get a traffice ticket. Then I know others that service in police departments that had an officer murdered while doing routine things like serving a court appearance notice for a traffic ticket.

Being in Vietnam, or Korea or the Gulf War or the current mess in the world, these experiences affect people, that is a fact of life. Some people you would never know that they were in the military in a war because they are so gentle, while others have a really bad attitude, but this can be said about the genral population.

If a barrel appeared, I would draw down and fire. No questions asked.

What does having a high draft number have to do with anything, I joined up right after high school, I got a chest full of salad and over all never regretted serving in the Army. I am not the post child for military service, but the old G.I. Bill did paid for me to finish college, plus I got three years of college out of the way while in the military. I won't use the VA, never liked many of the other benefits, but when I got a job in the late 70s, they were looking for a minority and Vietnam Vets are listed as minorities by federal law. The only good thing I got out of the Army was my butt alive.

Back to this situation, we have too many LEOs killed in the line of duty, a few should have never been in those situation. Where I live now, if an idiot comes into rob a store, they could be looking down the barrel of the guns from several honest citizens. But that would be up the road a piece from me, where I live speeding is the big crime.

Jerry
    OUTSTANDING analogy Jerry! To sum it up in short? The thought (and the act) of having to take another human beings life is indeed sad but, I'd prefer being sad than being at room temperature.

When the chips are down, don't flip a coin, don't have thoughts about some lady you met when you were 19, just pull the trigger, it should be automatic in some situations. If I see the barrel of a gun with a person acting funny, my carry pistol is in use immediately.

If you pull your weapon on a perp and start threatening that person, you have lost the element of surprise and you have telegraphed your intentions.

PULL THE TRIGGER, if you regret killing a person, you should balance that act with the fact that you saved another persons life.

Jerry
    Crossbow Nation

After lurking for a while I decided to post on this topic. First off hello to the members of the board. I am a retired LEO a vet who served 2 tours in Viet Nam and was called back for the first Gulf War. I watched the tape of the incident with absolute horror and disgust. The young officer as another poster mentioned made about every mistake possible in a car stop. When the BG made the first rush he should have been put on his butt by mace, tazer or stick. Failing that when he comes out with the weapon he has eliminated himself, deadly force is being presented and deadly force has only one response. It appeared the officer was armed with a pistol of unknown caliber but no way the bad guy can pop up on the officer if the first three go where they are supposed to. It is nice to debate the aftermath but to take part in the debate you have to survive the incident.

Corby,

about 25 years between tours of combat, long time to become a civiliand then back to the thick. Thanks for your service.

Jerry
    Crossbow Nation

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast