The REAL Deal! WARNING: VERY Graphic! Let it burn in and learn from it! - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL Deal! WARNING: VERY Graphic! Let it burn in and learn from it!

1. Wow! That is truly gut wrenching. As stated before it should have never got to that point. Thanks for sharing

Jason

3. My heart goes out to the family of this officer. I am Chief of Security for a private subdivision and required to patrol and make traffic stops for any number of reasons and never really given this scenario any real serious thought. After seeing this video I believe that I will rethink what situations my job will put me in and be more prepared. Thanks for the eye opener.

I actually feel sick to my stomach after watching this. Hearing that officer get shot, and his reactions is heart wrenching...
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

That Officer should have ben throwing lead while he had the chance, that cops young family will have a lot of years to remember, he probably had the same thoughts any of us would have had, if we were about to take a life, to bad it cost him his

6. Quote Originally Posted by michael70 View Post
    My heart goes out to the family of this officer. I am Chief of Security for a private subdivision and required to patrol and make traffic stops for any number of reasons and never really given this scenario any real serious thought. After seeing this video I believe that I will rethink what situations my job will put me in and be more prepared. Thanks for the eye opener.
    Well spoken

Training and mental preparation are key to surviving any encounter. Lord knows I have had my share. At the point where things indicate a potential for problems, you mentally need to really key up in preparation. It's hard to describe because you don't want tunnel vision, but at the point (like in the video) things are going sideways, you had better be ready for a fight....do a quick mental run through your tactical options and commit to act and remember your secondary options as needed.

I started in Law Enforcement ( before moving on to a larger dept) in a rural mining/ logging area where people often settled things with guns or at least, they were not afraid to use them. Additionally, you were lucky if you had another officer working with you, on the late shift and one of the options we had discussed, is if things look bad or feel really wrong, get back in the cruiser fast and start backing out of there fast......you have the plate number and description.....use the radio and get some help on the way or at least, put some distance between you and get your shotgun out of the rack.

There are a lot of options when your out there alone but if you think things are going bad, don't just wait for the situation to develop around you ....you create the situation that will give you the best chance to survive.

Practice all the mental what if situations you want at home (and you SHOULD do this).....sweat a little and mentally work the situations through to a winning conclusion. It WILL help you if the time comes. You may not have the exact situation you have mentally run through, but having completed the situations through to a winning conclusion will still help you to win the situation you are in.

Paul

Sadly that deputy made every mistake that could have been made in that scenario.
    An ARMED individual is a CITIZEN! ...An UNARMED individual is a SUBJECT!

the more i watch it the more anger it instills in me. when the man exsposed the rifle the whole scenario took a turn for the worse. he should have shot the man before it got that far. this video shows how fast a scenario can go from bad to worse in a matter of seconds. and its those precious seconds that can make the difference between life and death. i just feel for his friends and family.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Quote Originally Posted by American ME! View Post
    This is EXACTLY why I posted this! Basically....THE MOMENT OF TRUTH!! .....What are you going to do? And this is only a one on one scenario! What if? Think ALL about it! Think of our times we are living in today! How well are you prepared? How is your situational awareness? Threat identification? Neighborhood watch? Do you know what vehicles belong in your neighborhood? Do you keep up with police reports in your local newspaper?.... if the police even provide one? Trend monitoring of those reports? So much to consider!

Bottom line.... are you ready? Can you do it? Will age or gender be a factor in the event of a night home invasion? Does your respective state have the "Castle Doctrine?"

So much to consider! I could write a novel on this, but I'm sure you folks get the gist of what I'm applying here!
    I agree with your point. But having been shot at before, I never want that to happen again and everything does happen very quickly so you had better think about things like this in advance.

Deputy Dinkheller was 22 years old, and while I read that he'd been with the Sheriff's Office for 4 years, he obviously had not been working as an armed deputy for 4 years.

The level of training one receives is going to vary a lot from one place to the next, and small rural areas like Lauren's County, Georgia likely aren't going to get 6 months in the police academy.

There are just 20 officers in the Patrol Division for a county that's 825 square miles.
    Patrol Divison

Deputy Dinkheller should have been firing much earlier. It's hard to see the rifle on the video, but it's obvious the Deputy sees the rifle well before the shooting starts.

This and other dashboard camera videos have been used in police training.

I wouldn't necessarily shoot someone for rushing me, but I'd danged sure get command of the situation. Once words fail, then OC, Taser, ASP, or whatever it takes.

I see a gun, and he doesn't drop it after being commanded to drop it, time to shoot.
    Ken Grubb
    Puyallup, WA

Ken,

What is OC and ASP?

Mike
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast