The REAL Deal! WARNING: VERY Graphic! Let it burn in and learn from it! - Page 4
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL Deal! WARNING: VERY Graphic! Let it burn in and learn from it!

New to the forum, been lurking for several months...

When I received this from Frontsight, I was compelled to look up the incident to find out "the story after the story." The BG was a VN Vet with no previous record. The LEO was late 20's, with a wife and small child. The LEO and BG exchanged several shots. The LEO scored one hit in the BG's gut, but the BG was able to return fire and eventually inflict a fatal wound to the LEO's head. The BG drove away, went to his cabin, and hid under a tarp all night. He was apprehended the following morning, taken to the local hospital, and was expected to fully recover. Despite the fact that this happened over 10 years ago, I wasn't able (in my short search) to find any information about what happened to the BG.

While the article mentions the BG's use of a .30 cal M1 carbine, it doesn't say what the LEO was using, and it's difficult to tell from the video. Obviously he was undergunned for this encounter, and he should have acted much sooner. Frontsight points out how the voice of the LEO shows all signs of panic rather than command. Maybe better training would have helped that, too.

Hey Y'all: I dd follow up my post by looking up the incident on the Laurens County, GA sheriff's dept. website and found this happened over 11 years ago. I hope and pray that his family has found some peace and happiness since then. Absolutely tragic video and really shows a dreadful degree of training that caused his death. Not sure if 11 years ago, tasers were in use but you would think that when this slime started acting up and not listening he should have been tased at a minimum and when he turned his back on the officer and went back into the car, he should have been rushed, tased at the least, and probably shot if the officer had seen the rifle. Easy for me to say but boy that video really got to me. G-d Bless You Kyle.

Wow... that actually made me nauseous. So many shoulda-coulda-woulda's here but all we can do is take this and learn from it. I'm not nor have ever been in law enforcement and have nothing but respect for our officers BUT from what I can see, my opinion is that this young man's superiors failed him in every way. It's so obvious he wasn't fully prepared for this type of situation and why that wasn't detected by his trainers, I really don't know. I'm just curious how long his training lasted before he was thrown to the wolves. I may be way off base here but that's just the impression I get. I feel for is family's loss, even 12 years later. Truly tragic.

5. That was a very disturbing video. Was wondering what was wrong with that guy driving the truck to keep on shooting when the officer was down, like he wanted to kill something. I am wondering if they ever caught this guy and what his mental state is. I have the utmost respect for our officers out on the street and know they can run across crazies like this on a daily basis. No one really knows what actions or how they would really react to a situation until faced with it. I feel if I were in that situation I would most likely have shot when the guy rushed me and put in an officer needs assistance call. Looks like he was kinda out in the boonies thought and possibly no assistance was available. It all happened in such a short time span as well. Just very distressing to see how our men in blue can just get mowed down. This is exactly why most officers are not as polite and easy going as they once were when making traffic stops. They never know what they will encounter.
    Member: NRA - TSRA
    CHL 2010
    Have a Happy Day!

Very very very sad video, my heart goes out!! Now, the minute you see a gun in that type of situation you need to shoot, period. Also, I've come across many police officers that consider Policing as just another job and not a major life deciding career choice. That is very important, I know many cops who rarely if ever train at the gun range and one would think training with their firearm is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!!!!

Hey MaBarker8: As you said, an LEO job is not like a cashier at a store---it's nice to be friendly and personable but when you approach a car and cannot be sure who or what is waiting in that car, you had better be all business and suspicious. There are many replies on this forum where repliers complain about their 2A and constitutional rights and in some extreme conditions they may have met up with an LEO who probably should not be an LEO, but to bring 2A/constitutional attitude ( I do not mean unlawful or aggressive--I mean obvious attitude--and everyone knows exactly what that is) to a traffic stop that already means you have probably broken some traffic law, is ridiculous---you deserve to get it back in spades.

Quote Originally Posted by huddydrvr View Post
    New to the forum, been lurking for several months...

When I received this from Frontsight, I was compelled to look up the incident to find out "the story after the story." The BG was a VN Vet with no previous record. The LEO was late 20's, with a wife and small child. The LEO and BG exchanged several shots. The LEO scored one hit in the BG's gut, but the BG was able to return fire and eventually inflict a fatal wound to the LEO's head. The BG drove away, went to his cabin, and hid under a tarp all night. He was apprehended the following morning, taken to the local hospital, and was expected to fully recover. Despite the fact that this happened over 10 years ago, I wasn't able (in my short search) to find any information about what happened to the BG.

While the article mentions the BG's use of a .30 cal M1 carbine, it doesn't say what the LEO was using, and it's difficult to tell from the video. Obviously he was undergunned for this encounter, and he should have acted much sooner. Frontsight points out how the voice of the LEO shows all signs of panic rather than command. Maybe better training would have helped that, too.
    The officer made a plethora of mistakes.. The suspect was sentenced to death. He is currently serving time on death row and awaiting execution.

Quote Originally Posted by MaBarker8 View Post
    That was a very disturbing video. Was wondering what was wrong with that guy driving the truck to keep on shooting when the officer was down, like he wanted to kill something. I am wondering if they ever caught this guy and what his mental state is. I have the utmost respect for our officers out on the street and know they can run across crazies like this on a daily basis. No one really knows what actions or how they would really react to a situation until faced with it. I feel if I were in that situation I would most likely have shot when the guy rushed me and put in an officer needs assistance call. Looks like he was kinda out in the boonies thought and possibly no assistance was available. It all happened in such a short time span as well. Just very distressing to see how our men in blue can just get mowed down. This is exactly why most officers are not as polite and easy going as they once were when making traffic stops. They never know what they will encounter.
    He was caught the next day, was convicted, and executed! This unfortunate LEO lost control of the situation from the get go. He seemed more worried about proper protocol than saving his life when he clearly saw that he was in grave danger. He should've shot the perp dead when he saw him retreive that rifle and WELL BEFORE he could lock and load it!
    An ARMED individual is a CITIZEN! ...An UNARMED individual is a SUBJECT!

I have seen this clip a few months ago and I do understand how fear can immobilize a person. The young LEO didn’t even have the inclination to simply drive off. I suppose that long gun I've been eying in the gun shop may not be such a bad idea.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Talk about a video that can shake someone to their core. I'm man enough to say that the video bought a few tears to my eyes. I can't imagine what his wife thought when or if she saw that video. God bless the officer.
    NRA Member

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast