The REAL Deal! WARNING: VERY Graphic! Let it burn in and learn from it! - Page 5
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL Deal! WARNING: VERY Graphic! Let it burn in and learn from it!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FORDMAN0781 View Post
    Talk about a video that can shake someone to their core. I'm man enough to say that the video bought a few tears to my eyes. I can't imagine what his wife thought when or if she saw that video. God bless the officer.
    That IS the real deal for sure! I posted it all over to show these idiots in these self proclaimed "militias" who worship the likes of Alex "Jackoff" Jones and Steve "Queer Quack" Quayle, the two main fearmongerers, who think they are ready for some kind of "movement" exactly what it looks like in just a one on one scenario. It literally raises the hair on the back of my neck everytime to watch that video and see the mistakes that LEO made which cost him his life. A TRULY sad and inexcusable scenario that went bad from the get go!

Their hearts may be in the right place but they have one foot on a banana peel and the other one in the twilight zone. Fools like the "Hutaree" crowd are the type who will cause problem for millions of rational thinking citizens. Sure, folks are angry as hell over what has ben transpiring in this nation from this corrupt traitor administration, but we have a system in place that MUST be given the chance to run it's course.

Gun ownership bears a great responsibility. When you master proficiency with a firearm or ANY weapon of ANY kind, you MUST make a lifelong committment to avoidance, deterence, and de-escalation. Anything less is TOTALLY unacceptable! I'm proud to proclaim that every firearm I own and have EVER owned has killed one less person than Ted Kennedys car!
    An ARMED individual is a CITIZEN! ...An UNARMED individual is a SUBJECT!

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    The more I watch this, the more disturbed I get. My heart goes out to this guy's family.

So many issues:

1) This deputy was a KID (22 yrs. old) obviously scared out of his wits.

2) The deputy didn't apparently recongize the threat until WAY too late. The guy dances in the road, rushes the deputy, then turns, goes back to his truck and starts to load up.

3) WHY did the deputy wait so long? Was he worried about a "righteous" shoot or was he just immobilized with fear?

4) The BG was fearless (drunk? didn't care if he died? read the deputy as being scared immobile?) and knew how to use cover, when to press the attack, knew how to shoot.

5) I consider myself well-trained in defensive/tactical handgun usage (Front Sight), and in empty-hand fighting (black belt) but I've have never taken fire (have had weapons pointed at me). Even so, any thinking person (who has never been in actual combat) has to question how they would react in a similar situation.

6) Bottom Line to me: the average, untrained CWP holder doesn't have a chance against a determined threat like this.

THIS SHOULD BE A WAKE-UP CALL TO ALL OF US!
    I see what you mean. I don't understand though why the LEO did not dust that SOB. I could almost see some of us CCW holders hesitate for just a moment because of legal ramifications, but a cop? He has a job where he is allowed to blow bastards like that away if they are doing what that guy was doing on the video! I just don't get it. The only way MOST criminals should be delt with is the same way they deal with those around them. That poor cop should have shot that bastard, period.

4. Im probably going to be crucified by my friends here on usacarry for bringing this up. It seems to me that he was just a beligerant drunk until he had a weapon pointed at him. Once he had a weapon pointed at him, his entire demeanor changes... he was saving his own life in his mind. He was so pumped up on adrenaline that he didnt even know he had been shot. In short, I know PTSD and THAT is it. From what I've seen, I dont feel he deserves the death penalty.

What do you all think? What do some of my fellow combat vets think?
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    Im probably going to be crucified by my friends here on usacarry for bringing this up. It seems to me that he was just a beligerant drunk until he had a weapon pointed at him. Once he had a weapon pointed at him, his entire demeanor changes... he was saving his own life in his mind. He was so pumped up on adrenaline that he didnt even know he had been shot. In short, I know PTSD and THAT is it. From what I've seen, I dont feel he deserves the death penalty.

I agree with you 100%. I have seen PTSD and it looks an awful lot like that. I do feel terrible for the LEO and I wish that he would have acted more quickly and with conviction. My prayers are with all involved in this terrible tragedy. However, I also feel terrible for the "BG" in this case.

About the death penalty, I disagree with it in 100% of cases personally. But in this case I especially agree.

A tragic situation all around.

IMHO, he would have not completed the turn to the left as he drew the weapon from the vehicle. 2 shot volleys to center mass until the perp drops. YOU cannot place yourself in harms way if you're not ready take out the other party (s). Not everyone can or will. Those that choose to place themselves in a situation that can escalate to death, MUST be willing to execute when called for. I do not see it any other way. If you CC/ OC and aren't, or not sure, if you will be able to execute another human being, then I highly suggest you leave your weapons at home. This is not a game, fad or neat cool thing to do. This is Life or Death. I pray all that read this never have to use deadly force but with that prayer I'll also ask God to guide and direct you if you have too.

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    IMHO, he would have not completed the turn to the left as he drew the weapon from the vehicle. 2 shot volleys to center mass until the perp drops. YOU cannot place yourself in harms way if you're not ready take out the other party (s). Not everyone can or will. Those that choose to place themselves in a situation that can escalate to death, MUST be willing to execute when called for. I do not see it any other way. If you CC/ OC and aren't, or not sure, if you will be able to execute another human being, then I highly suggest you leave your weapons at home. This is not a game, fad or neat cool thing to do. This is Life or Death. I pray all that read this never have to use deadly force but with that prayer I'll also ask God to guide and direct you if you have too.

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)
    I could not have said it better. I carry with the mindset that this weapon of mine is the LAST resort. I will try not to end up there, or will avoid certain places, or will evade at all cost. I WILL stand my ground if cornered or if my family is cornered, and I WILL shoot to kill if I am left with NO OTHER CHOICE. You are right, this is no game. I wish we could just get along.

Im probably going to be crucified by my friends here on usacarry for bringing this up. It seems to me that he was just a beligerant drunk until he had a weapon pointed at him. Once he had a weapon pointed at him, his entire demeanor changes... he was saving his own life in his mind. He was so pumped up on adrenaline that he didnt even know he had been shot. In short, I know PTSD and THAT is it. From what I've seen, I dont feel he deserves the death penalty.

He got the DP and it MUST be carried out! He killed a cop that was only trying to do his job....PTSD or not! Don't make excuses for this bastard who widowed a wife and orphaned children! NO EXCUSE! PERIOD!
    An ARMED individual is a CITIZEN! ...An UNARMED individual is a SUBJECT!

9. Quote Originally Posted by American ME! View Post
    He got the DP and it MUST be carried out! He killed a cop that was only trying to do his job....PTSD or not! Don't make excuses for this bastard who widowed a wife and orphaned children! NO EXCUSE! PERIOD!
    Those were just my thoughts.... I knew I would be crucified.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by American ME! View Post
    While I understand that this individual killed a person and needs to be dealt with accordingly, I think you are way off base. This was not a premeditated murder, nor a cold and heartless act.

This man fought with his life for our country and was suffering with the life long repercussions. While it is sad and horrible that he killed a man who was a husband and father, let's think of what the "BG" missed in his life due to the psychological injuries that he sustained while fighting for our freedoms. In theory, he was never able to enjoy a fireworks show,; he was not able to form long lasting relationships; he was not able to go out into crouded places without feeling terror; he was not able to sleep at night due to the horriffic dreams and memories of the horrors of war that would invade his head the moment he closed his eyes.

This man sacrificed his life for us and our freedoms and while he needs to be held accountable for his actions let us consider him. I thank him for his service and for protecting our country and our freedoms.

The "belligerent drunk" physically assaulted the officer before retrieving the firearm. The officer pulled his weapon in defense and it escalated from there. There are a couple of things to learn here. First, alcohol and firearms don't mix. There's no excuse for a drunk to pull a weapon under this situation. If he had done what the officer instructed he would have gotten a DUI, if he were intoxicated, and the officer would be alive. Secondly, the officer let it continue far to long. He should have immediately called for back up and ended the situation as soon as the "drunk" became a threat to life, that being as soon as he retrieved his rifle.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast