The REAL Deal! WARNING: VERY Graphic! Let it burn in and learn from it! - Page 6
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 143

Thread: The REAL Deal! WARNING: VERY Graphic! Let it burn in and learn from it!

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    The "belligerent drunk" physically assaulted the officer before retrieving the firearm. The officer pulled his weapon in defense and it escalated from there. There are a couple of things to learn here. First, alcohol and firearms don't mix. There's no excuse for a drunk to pull a weapon under this situation. If he had done what the officer instructed he would have gotten a DUI, if he were intoxicated, and the officer would be alive. Secondly, the officer let it continue far to long. He should have immediately called for back up and ended the situation as soon as the "drunk" became a threat to life, that being as soon as he retrieved his rifle.
    I agree with RW, and I Think that improved training would have been a agreat asset to the Officer. Now today with the non-lethal tools that LEO's have would have been saved a couple of lives.
    Semper Fi

  2.   
  3. I agree with all of you. Some pepper spray or a tazer would have been well used early on in this situation.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

  4. #53
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    756
    Sad to see how this went down. There is no doubt the officer was scared. We can only speculate on what we would have done, its clear the officer didnt want to take a life, but damn, I have to say if he didnt back down after screaming back up several times, and him returning to his vehicle, the minute I would have seen a weapon, [which in the Army, were taught to treat any and all weapons as if theyre loaded] I would have shot that stupid redneck mother f*$%er until he was down, I would have told his passenger to get out of the car and waited for paramedics and back up.
    I wish the family the best. Sad to see that people just dont have respect for LEOs anymore, especially where I am from. I dont care what wars you were in, or how horrific they were, if I ask you to step back and you continue to rush me, you best believe youre going to end up with 2 in the chest and 1 in the head.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

  5. #54
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Sad to see how this went down. There is no doubt the officer was scared. We can only speculate on what we would have done, its clear the officer didnt want to take a life, but damn, I have to say if he didnt back down after screaming back up several times, and him returning to his vehicle, the minute I would have seen a weapon, [which in the Army, were taught to treat any and all weapons as if theyre loaded] I would have shot that stupid redneck mother f*$%er until he was down, I would have told his passenger to get out of the car and waited for paramedics and back up.
    I wish the family the best. Sad to see that people just dont have respect for LEOs anymore, especially where I am from. I dont care what wars you were in, or how horrific they were, if I ask you to step back and you continue to rush me, you best believe youre going to end up with 2 in the chest and 1 in the head.
    It would be tragic and sad to have to take another human beings life. But in that scenario, it's better to be sad than to be at room temperature!
    An ARMED individual is a CITIZEN! ...An UNARMED individual is a SUBJECT!

  6. #55
    That was so sad that the young officers life was taken by that bum. I too would have shot that loser as soon as I seen the barrel of his gun but the officer was determined to give him every chance. I know there is a general donation for fallen officers but is there a bank that is accepting donations just for the young widow?

  7. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Marissa View Post
    While I understand that this individual killed a person and needs to be dealt with accordingly, I think you are way off base. This was not a premeditated murder, nor a cold and heartless act.

    This man fought with his life for our country and was suffering with the life long repercussions. While it is sad and horrible that he killed a man who was a husband and father, let's think of what the "BG" missed in his life due to the psychological injuries that he sustained while fighting for our freedoms. In theory, he was never able to enjoy a fireworks show,; he was not able to form long lasting relationships; he was not able to go out into crouded places without feeling terror; he was not able to sleep at night due to the horriffic dreams and memories of the horrors of war that would invade his head the moment he closed his eyes.

    This man sacrificed his life for us and our freedoms and while he needs to be held accountable for his actions let us consider him. I thank him for his service and for protecting our country and our freedoms.
    Sorry, but I think this is a bunch of smelly stuff.

    First of all, digging out a gun, loading it and using it not only to wound and incapitate but to then "finish off" a person is the very definition of premeditated murder. Had he put the officer down, jumped back it the truck and taken off (and the officer then bled out) I might at least agree that premeditation was not an issue. However...

    Even absent the premeditation, he murdered a police officer who was in performance (albeit ineffective performance) of his duties at the time...and, for that, he deserves execution.

    Like the BG, I am a Vietnam vet...I have 3 Purple Hearts and a collection of other "pretties"...as well as the names of a dozen close friends on a wall in Washington. None of that even comes close to mitigating the kind of actions portrayed here. I get a free hunting license and a free license plate for my car...not a free ride for killing a cop because he was doing his job.


  8. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfueller View Post
    That was so sad that the young officers life was taken by that bum. I too would have shot that loser as soon as I seen the barrel of his gun but the officer was determined to give him every chance. I know there is a general donation for fallen officers but is there a bank that is accepting donations just for the young widow?
    I see this video in my nightmares. I found out it happened in 2000, (?) (I'm close on the year.), this shocking video kinda pissed me off cuz it's being used to solicit my money.
    Peace through superior firepower.

  9. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Marissa View Post
    While I understand that this individual killed a person and needs to be dealt with accordingly, I think you are way off base. This was not a premeditated murder, nor a cold and heartless act.

    This man fought with his life for our country and was suffering with the life long repercussions. While it is sad and horrible that he killed a man who was a husband and father, let's think of what the "BG" missed in his life due to the psychological injuries that he sustained while fighting for our freedoms. In theory, he was never able to enjoy a fireworks show,; he was not able to form long lasting relationships; he was not able to go out into crouded places without feeling terror; he was not able to sleep at night due to the horriffic dreams and memories of the horrors of war that would invade his head the moment he closed his eyes.

    This man sacrificed his life for us and our freedoms and while he needs to be held accountable for his actions let us consider him. I thank him for his service and for protecting our country and our freedoms.
    Not a cold or heartless act?? It sure met my definition of one.

    Ok, now I'm gonna be crucified. Let me state first, I am not a vet (high lottery number during Vietnam years). Second, I support veterans 110%. However (here's where I get crucified), not everyone who serves is a person of honor. I do not give you a "character pass" simply because you served. I know too many vets who were a##holes when they went in and a##holes when they came out. Did they serve their country? Yes. Do I owe them a debt of gratitude? Yes. Do I automatically assume they are a person of outstanding character? No.

    PTSD? Any proof of that? Or are you all just assuming? This took place at least 20 years after we left Nam, so if he had it, wouldn't there be some evidence of it?

    Ok, let me have it...
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  10. #59
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    756
    JJFlash I do agree with you that it has been at least 30 years since this man served in Vietnam. However, PTSD is a kinda hit and miss sort of thing. I have suffered [according to a psychiatrist] from PTSD, I on the other hand, seen no evidence of it.
    Yes, the guy was Fu*ked in the head, obviously, he murdered a Police Officer, for what? Pulling him over, that isnt PTSD there, that is total psycho bullsh*t talk right there.
    The LEO did anything and everything he could to stop this man, without killing him, yes, he was obviously poorly trained, and made some poor decisions that had gotten him killed, but still, the Vet murdered him, reloaded, and shot him again. I feel for this man, and like I said before I dont give a damn what wars you fought in, what medals you had achieved, or what horrific things you had seen, there is NO excuse for murdering anyone especially an LEO.
    I wish every state had the Death Penalty for ***** bags like the man who killed this cop. The world would be a safer place.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

  11. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by American ME! View Post
    It would be tragic and sad to have to take another human beings life. But in that scenario, it's better to be sad than to be at room temperature!
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    Sorry, but I think this is a bunch of smelly stuff.

    First of all, digging out a gun, loading it and using it not only to wound and incapitate but to then "finish off" a person is the very definition of premeditated murder. Had he put the officer down, jumped back it the truck and taken off (and the officer then bled out) I might at least agree that premeditation was not an issue. However...

    Even absent the premeditation, he murdered a police officer who was in performance (albeit ineffective performance) of his duties at the time...and, for that, he deserves execution.

    Like the BG, I am a Vietnam vet...I have 3 Purple Hearts and a collection of other "pretties"...as well as the names of a dozen close friends on a wall in Washington. None of that even comes close to mitigating the kind of actions portrayed here. I get a free hunting license and a free license plate for my car...not a free ride for killing a cop because he was doing his job.

    Thank you for your service.

    I did not say he should get a free ride. I just said we should consider the situation and not jump to crucifying the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Not a cold or heartless act?? It sure met my definition of one.

    Ok, now I'm gonna be crucified. Let me state first, I am not a vet (high lottery number during Vietnam years). Second, I support veterans 110%. However (here's where I get crucified), not everyone who serves is a person of honor. I do not give you a "character pass" simply because you served. I know too many vets who were a##holes when they went in and a##holes when they came out. Did they serve their country? Yes. Do I owe them a debt of gratitude? Yes. Do I automatically assume they are a person of outstanding character? No.

    PTSD? Any proof of that? Or are you all just assuming? This took place at least 20 years after we left Nam, so if he had it, wouldn't there be some evidence of it?

    Ok, let me have it...
    I didn't say he was a great man or that he had admirable character. I don't presume to know that about him. As for the PTSD- it is a lifelong battle for those affected with it, many of whom never recieve help for their illness. Also, it is not unusual for it to manifest itself seemingly out of nowhere many years after the event or events that caused the PTSD.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Let me be clear- he needs to go to jail for a long time. He does not deserve a "pass" and he needs to address what he did. He needs mental health help. I AM saying that instead of slamming this guy that perhaps we should think of who he is and what happened. IMO- the fault for the death of the LEO is sared equally between the "BG" and the cop and his bad training. Unfortunately, the LEO had to pay the price. And for that I am truly sorry.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast