The REAL Deal! WARNING: VERY Graphic! Let it burn in and learn from it! - Page 8
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL Deal! WARNING: VERY Graphic! Let it burn in and learn from it!

I view the death penalty as simply "societal self defense". The argument that it's simply too expensive to put someone to death, as opposed to the ever increasing costs of their rights to food, medicine and management to keep them inside the walls, is an argument to streamline the system and to require stricter standards of evidence handling in death penalty cases, not to abandon capital punishment altogether.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

I have been quiet WAY to long...
    An eye for an eye.

If you willingly, take a life (as opposed to an accident) then you forfet your life based not on revenge but on the fact that you hold no value to human life.

JJ If I walk into that room with my daughter on the ground and the BG standing there.... I will have to make my future posts from prison.
    "Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God and Never Forget a Friend. "

wolfhunter Guest
    A person, by definition must be insane (at least at some level) to commit a violent crime. Two solutions are incarceration or treatment. Rehabilitation does NOT occur during incarceration, so this is simply stacking away violent insane people and increasing our financial and psychological burdens.

Two results of treatment are: No cure, ongoing stacking of insane violent people and increasing our financial and psychological burdens. Or, Cure. Now you have a recently sane person dealing with horrendous guilt for their violent act(s). Either the guilt overtakes them and they suicide, or they get counseling and treatment for the guilt. Now you have a person who feels no remorse for their crime and are likely to commit another crime.

Solution: save time and energy, put violent criminals down sooner rather than later. As Cathy said, "Streamline the system and require stricter standards of evidence handling."

I don't believe a person is "insane" or committing a violent crime. Using that logic means they're insane because they're homosexual or because they don't live life according to the norm. Don't get me wrong, I believe that some ways are abnormal when used in context with how the majority of humans live. I am a staunch supporter of the death penalty when the proof is overwhelming. I don't believe the death death penalty is warranted on eye witness testimony alone. Let's say I believe in a strike three type of sentencing. Someone saw you do it, there's photographic evidence of you doing it and there's DNA evidence. Strike three, you get the needle.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Marissa, I like good argument and discussion, so anything I post here is posted in that light.

So, I"m gonna push a bit: Suppose you enter the room, the deed is done, your weapon is drawn, and the perve is standing there bragging on it to you. Shoot 'em? Or hold 'em for LEO?

This is probably not the same as society coldly putting them to sleep, I guess, since this could be construed as a crime of passion, but again, I'm fishing here to see if I get a bite.

Are you really against the death penalty in any/all cases?
    I love to argue (ask my husband ) so I'm always game if I feel as though I can intelligently participate.

If I walk into a room and see a BG standing over a victim and he taunts me and brags ect- then I would (at least in theory) hold him for LEO. I really and truly do not believe in revenge. I am a very Christian woman with very Christian beliefs. And even though I may WANT to kill the BG I would not want to act upon that desire.

Cool Situations are subjective.....

First, let me say that I totally understand the capital punishment impetus. It is our natural desire for revenge that drives it. However, "an eye for an eye" will eventually leave EVERYONE blind.

I see that one of the scenarios that some are floating is barging in on some animal after they have done grievous injury to your child. OF COURSE you would kill that person, as would I, as would most other normal human beings. I seriously doubt that you would find a jury that would convict a parent in those circumstances because of the horrible stresses that are in effect at that moment. Revenge is hard-wired. If I came along and slapped you on the street for no reason, I guarantee that most would respond with some degree of aggression.

Let's take that same scenario, however, and tweak it just a bit. Say you are a police officer and you barge in on some animal who has done grievous injury to a child who is unknown to you. Would you still support the decision to immediately kill the BG? Almost all of us would recognize that the act was the same, the injury done to a child the same, and yet a police officer is expected to arrest the BG and bring him to trial. Were the officer to execute the scum on the scene with no mitigating factor (i.e. self defense) there would be little trouble finding a jury to convict the officer.

Of course, anyone who threatens me or mine deserves to die, but then again we ALL feel that way. The true measure of us as a civilized society is being able to put aside those emotions and govern by rule of law, not rule of heart.

"We are not a nation of men, but a nation of laws." Sound familiar?
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Sorry folks but I could give a rats backside about what the transpired in the BG's life prior to the incident. Did he consciously make a decision to shoot an kill. IF and only if a court of law finds that at the time he did not know or understand his (her) actions. Then and only then society should not seek the death penalty. At what age this guy was weaned, how he grew up, was he abused or not. has absolutely no relevance IHO. Did he commit the act??? That my friends is the only question to ask.

I fully support the Death Penalty and wish to see it extended to child molesters as well. Under the age of twelve, PD. Over that age possible DP or Life. This would deter most from committing such a heinous act. Deterrence works, if you don't believe that, whats with the stats concerning States that have CCP. ALL violent crime goes down. Heck, why do you think a lot more people don'try to rob a bank DETERENCE! They don't want to go to jail for twenty years. (and becoming Leroy's new Beach).

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfueller View Post
    That was so sad that the young officers life was taken by that bum. I too would have shot that loser as soon as I seen the barrel of his gun but the officer was determined to give him every chance. I know there is a general donation for fallen officers but is there a bank that is accepting donations just for the young widow?
    Hey jetfueller, I noticed your location of Canada. Are you guys still banned from owning handguns? Just curious.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Marissa View Post
    I love to argue (ask my husband ) so I'm always game if I feel as though I can intelligently participate.

If I walk into a room and see a BG standing over a victim and he taunts me and brags ect- then I would (at least in theory) hold him for LEO. I really and truly do not believe in revenge. I am a very Christian woman with very Christian beliefs. And even though I may WANT to kill the BG I would not want to act upon that desire.
    Unless the person he was standing over was one of your own. I was raised VERY Christian and still go to church and read scripture daily, but if the right button is pushed - "killing is as easy as breathing" - Rambo. The Old Testiment is full of Gods revenge - sometimes we are his tools - and any of us would want revenge if pushed the right way.

I don't believe the death sentence is revenge but look at it as justice. Even the New Testament supports the death sentence. Here's a good article that shows both sides of the argument when it concerns the Bible.:

Gods Criminal Justice System, Bob Enyart

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast