The REAL Deal! WARNING: VERY Graphic! Let it burn in and learn from it!
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL Deal! WARNING: VERY Graphic! Let it burn in and learn from it!

The REAL Deal! WARNING: VERY Graphic! Let it burn in and learn from it!

WARNING! This is a strong, graphic, and tragic video, but I feel it serves a purpose and teaches a lesson of what NOT to do! This IS the"up front and in your face!" as it WILL be if you are faced with a similar scenario such as a home invasion!

I personally feel although as tragic as this is, that with the times of today, the REAL meaning of having to defend ones self and/or loved ones MUST be brought front and center!

May God bless this brave Law Enforcement Officer and his family, but he made the mistake of allowing the perp to not only retrieve a rifle he had in his vehicle, but ALLOWED HIM TO LOCK AND LOAD! There are other mistakes I'm sure you all will see but that is a TRAGIC MOOT POINT!

Ignatius Piazza: Stop Screaming, Start Shooting…...
    Deputy Kyle Wayne Dinkheller, Laurens County Sheriff's Office
    Please pray for this officer and his family.
    An ARMED individual is a CITIZEN! ...An UNARMED individual is a SUBJECT!

Great training video I'm sure for officers to not wind up dead..

Sorry for the officer, but it could have been different..

As soon as the guy rushed me, he would have been shot. Sorry.. but I'm all by myself out in rural F'in Georgia.. with some RedNeck MF'ers acting crazy.. Rush me.. You're going to be shot..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

I don't get this at all. He's screaming at the BG to "drop the gun now" (if I'm hearing this correctly) while the BG is loading his rifle. Why in hell would you do that? Why wouldn't you rush this bastard and take him out at this point?

He should have shot the BG when he saw his gun. He is a LEO for crying out loud! He has every right to shoot him because the intent was there...unlike us civies who has to wait until deadly force is coming right in front of us because we cannot shoot at the sides nor at the back of a BG even if we know he is a BG.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

6. Quote Originally Posted by American ME! View Post
    ...I personally feel although as tragic as this is, that with the times of today, the REAL meaning of having to defend ones self and/or loved ones MUST be brought front and center!

...Please pray for this officer and his family.
    Amen!!

God that was terrible, truly heart wrenching.

I just felt so sorry for the guy, if I had been there......wait a minute.....he had a gun!!

If I had been in his shoes I would have had my firearm trained on him the moment he went back to his truck. I would have fired as soon as the barrel STARTED to clear the door jamb of the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    .unlike us civies who has to wait until deadly force is coming right in front of us because we cannot shoot at the sides nor at the back of a BG even if we know he is a BG.
    So your state uses the word "immediate" in it's self defense laws instead of "imminent" I take it?

Kentucky uses the "imminent" word, which means I could have fired on him as soon as he loaded the gun, but I would have given him until what I stated before to change his mind.

You can shoot a BG in the side, front, back, doesn't matter. Plenty of case law showing that a BG can have fired shots, be running for cover and get hit in the back with return fire, I'm not letting him get to cover.

THAT SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED. That officer's sense of the value of life overrode his desire to raise his children apparently.

The more I watch this, the more disturbed I get. My heart goes out to this guy's family.

So many issues:

1) This deputy was a KID (22 yrs. old) obviously scared out of his wits.

2) The deputy didn't apparently recongize the threat until WAY too late. The guy dances in the road, rushes the deputy, then turns, goes back to his truck and starts to load up.

3) WHY did the deputy wait so long? Was he worried about a "righteous" shoot or was he just immobilized with fear?

4) The BG was fearless (drunk? didn't care if he died? read the deputy as being scared immobile?) and knew how to use cover, when to press the attack, knew how to shoot.

5) I consider myself well-trained in defensive/tactical handgun usage (Front Sight), and in empty-hand fighting (black belt) but I've have never taken fire (have had weapons pointed at me). Even so, any thinking person (who has never been in actual combat) has to question how they would react in a similar situation.

6) Bottom Line to me: the average, untrained CWP holder doesn't have a chance against a determined threat like this.

THIS SHOULD BE A WAKE-UP CALL TO ALL OF US!

This is EXACTLY why I posted this! Basically....THE MOMENT OF TRUTH!! .....What are you going to do? And this is only a one on one scenario! What if? Think ALL about it! Think of our times we are living in today! How well are you prepared? How is your situational awareness? Threat identification? Neighborhood watch? Do you know what vehicles belong in your neighborhood? Do you keep up with police reports in your local newspaper?.... if the police even provide one? Trend monitoring of those reports? So much to consider!

Bottom line.... are you ready? Can you do it? Will age or gender be a factor in the event of a night home invasion? Does your respective state have the "Castle Doctrine?"

So much to consider! I could write a novel on this, but I'm sure you folks get the gist of what I'm applying here!
    Last edited by American ME!; 01-29-2010 at 11:26 PM. Reason: The real deal!
    An ARMED individual is a CITIZEN! ...An UNARMED individual is a SUBJECT!

It all comes down to situational awareness and realy truely desciding before hand what you will do in any given situation. Decide to live free or die hard. I grew up in a bad neighborhood and and had to watch my back all day everyday wether in school or at home. My friends , family and I had to have our heads on a swivel at all times. Now let me make it very clear I didn't grow up in a bad part of a major city, but for a small town it was bad.Back in the day two or more BGs would gang up on anyone they were trying to intemidate and maybe take your lunch money and maybe even beat you up. One day when I was a teen I made up my mind that I would no longer be bullied or beat up without giving as good as I got. Simply put I have not been bullied since. I have been an Over The Road trucker for 14 years now and haven't been robbed or assaulted I believe because I do everything in my power to avoid going into dangerous places or being trapped with no way out. I also watch everyone I come into contact with or just someone across the parking lot. If you have had contact with people like that very much they are easy to spot. I hope I never need a gun while in the truck because in most states it is illegal to have a firearm in the truck....but I do carry my trusty K-BAR. as well as a large OLD TIMER folding knife that I keep razor sharp.
    American Me I couldn't agree with your suggestions more. Planning ahead, practicing that plan, along with Knowing your enemy and how They operate can only Help your chances of survival.

Quote Originally Posted by mackdaddy1911a1 View Post
    I hope I never need a gun while in the truck because in most states it is illegal to have a firearm in the truck....
    You sure about that? I've never ran across any federal law, yet, that says you can't have one in a commercial vehicle.

As far as state laws, wouldn't a conceal carry that reciprocates in other states be sufficient?

Seems the only limit would be your employer's policy and well.......

Just wondering if you have any specifics, I'm still researching for a friend.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast