LEO Contact in Kansas City - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: LEO Contact in Kansas City

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Hey boom, threads over two years old, not sure if you are going to get a response.

    He got one from you didnt he?


    Just messin with ya, lol

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Hey boom, threads over two years old, not sure if you are going to get a response.
    I was wondering if anybody would notice that this is a 4 year old thread that was dug up somehow.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    139
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1818 View Post
    The way you informed him was perfect. I'm an LEO and I love seeing other 'good guys' carrying. Usually I like to talk shop if the person has time or seems friendly but probably not on the side of the freeway like in this case. Keep carryin!
    You're an LEO and responded to this preemptive CC notification with kudos. How differently will you Constitutionally respond to a traffic stop issue and discover indirectly that the driver is legally packing? Why do you, as an LEO, want more information into the privacy and property of a U.S. citizen, pertaining to more than the traffic issue to which he is detained?

  5. #14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    333
    Long story short...I was saved a $581 (I was dead wrong) ticket for announcing to the LEO that I was carrying even though I was not legally obligated to do so. He was very appreciative of this gesture, to say the least
    "People should not fear their governments...governments should fear their people!"

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by BARNDOUGH View Post
    Last Thursday as I was out running some errands, I had just entered the freeway and hit the gas to get into traffic. The highway was busy and moving rapidly. Just as I passed the next exit, there he was, sitting on the side of the road "taking pictures". On came the bubble gum machine and I was nailed doing 76 mph in a 55 zone.

    I pulled as far to the right of the shoulder as was possible to give the officer room to approach the car, turned the 4 ways on and placed my hands at 10 and 2 on the wheel.

    When the officer arrived he asked for DL and Insurance.

    Then as courtesy demands, I advised the officer that I have a CCW permit and that I was armed and told him where my gun was located. I asked him how he would like me to proceed. He said he was cool and asked me what I was carrying.

    He then went back to his car and a few minutes later he came back with the ticket. But this is when it became good. He told me that I had handled advising him of my weapon in an excellent manner and that instead of issuing a ticket for 76 in a 55 he was only going to issue a ticket for going 60 in a 55.

    Holding a CCW permit saved my bacon. Because I was cited for only going 5 mph over the limit, it was not a moving violation and no points will be accessed on my DL.


    I do the same. When I was pulled over a few months ago by the state police for speeding I stated the following:
    Officer: License, registration and proof of insurance please.
    Me: (My hands are at the 10 and 2). For your safety and mine officer before I reach into my pocket for my wallet I want to let you know I am carrying a concealed weapon and I do have a valid state concealed license.
    Officer: Where is the weapon?
    Me: it is on my right hip in a holster.
    Officer: Ok, can I have your license, proof of insurance and registration please?
    Me: (I gave him what he asked for and he returned to his patrol car.)
    The officer returns in 3 minutes
    Officer: I noticed you tag shows differently on the computer and that normally means you are a law enforcement officer and he asked me why.
    Me: I am no longer a LEO, I am medically retired for a back injury.
    Officer: I clocked you going 19 over the posted speed limit.
    Me: I am sorry and there is no excuse for going that fast.
    Officer: I am going to only give you a citation for not having a insurance card (he had it in his hand) I am giving you a break.
    Me: thank you.

    I dodged a bullet with that one! ( I have not had a ticket in 17 years)

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bellingham, WA, USA
    Posts
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by jabatam View Post
    Long story short...I was saved a $581 (I was dead wrong) ticket for announcing to the LEO that I was carrying even though I was not legally obligated to do so. He was very appreciative of this gesture, to say the least
    What price freedom?

    Apparently, $581.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish Trail View Post
    Interesting, but why should a reduction in a traffic fine have anything to do with your legal carry conceal status?
    I like favors and breaks like anybody else but realize that nothing is ever free. What you did was bolster the LEO's unwarranted and unappointed self importance.
    He's a People's servant, remember? His authority is limited, remember? He is sworn to the U.S. Constitution, remember? What makes us want to reduce our inalienable God-given status, voluntarily and unnecessarily, to a tax payer-funded employee? What makes us cajole an employee of the government when the law doesn't require it? Unless Kansas or Missouri requires preemptive declaration that your're legally packin' on a traffic stop, why not consider the alternative - stay quite - discuss only the traffic issue.
    We're hindered enough with regulations when compared to the awesome liberty that "Old Document" gives us. We lose it by trying to be nice - nice wasn't a consideration during the 1787 Constitutional Convention. I say all this with respect to you. Thank you.
    My thoughts exactly.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    993
    I have a different policy for handling these situations... I don't speed.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    FWIW the person that started this thread hasn't logged in in about 14 months
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish Trail View Post
    Interesting, but why should a reduction in a traffic fine have anything to do with your legal carry conceal status?
    I like favors and breaks like anybody else but realize that nothing is ever free. What you did was bolster the LEO's unwarranted and unappointed self importance.
    He's a People's servant, remember? His authority is limited, remember? He is sworn to the U.S. Constitution, remember? What makes us want to reduce our inalienable God-given status, voluntarily and unnecessarily, to a tax payer-funded employee? What makes us cajole an employee of the government when the law doesn't require it? Unless Kansas or Missouri requires preemptive declaration that your're legally packin' on a traffic stop, why not consider the alternative - stay quite - discuss only the traffic issue.
    We're hindered enough with regulations when compared to the awesome liberty that "Old Document" gives us. We lose it by trying to be nice - nice wasn't a consideration during the 1787 Constitutional Convention. I say all this with respect to you. Thank you.
    That reminds of a story told by a trooper friend of mine. He cut a guy a break and wrote him for 10 under. The guy took the ticket to court and stated that he had not been going the speed shown on the ticket, he had been going 10 mph faster. The judge agreed that the ticket was not accurate and threw it out!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast