This happened here???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This happened here???

Exclamation This happened here???

OK...one of my bubbas here in Crestview FL was pulled over while test driving a car that his repair shop had just worked on. He is a CCW permit holder. The Crestview PD officer upon seeing his permit, put him immediately in the back of the cruiser and began illegally searching the vehicle he was driving. He did not have his firearm with him and was not breaking the law other than a moving violation. The probable cause came from the permit. The FDLE investigators that are handling the case have requested that the victim of this file a lawsuit against the Crestview PD. No decision has been made yet.

Crestview PD has recently suspended all ride-alongs. (what do they not want the public to see and hear?)

They have stepped up traffic tickets (quotas) and the officers are assigning nearly maximum fine amounts to all tickets being issued.

Okaloosa County Sheriffs will no longer pull over and back up Crestview PD unless requested via radio dispatch.

At least two occasions have had very heated confrontations between Crestview PD and Okaloosa County Sheriffs deputies over jurisdiction.

Several Lawsuits have been filed against Crestview PD for illegal activities.

Thank God I live outside of there jurisdiction. Okaloosa County Sheriffs are the most professional guys and gals I have seen (now that they have gotten rid of a bad sheriff)

I cannot say the same for Crestview PD.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

What kind of wide hair got into their ear in Crestview?
    Crime via city-data looks consistant for years...
    Unless on city leaders are making a bunch of salary and tax revenues are down... ????
    Semper Fi

Exclamation I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    What kind of wide hair got into their ear in Crestview?
    Crime via city-data looks consistant for years...
    Unless on city leaders are making a bunch of salary and tax revenues are down... ????
    I wish I knew.
    This is the south. I wonder what corruption is afoot?
    My son just got a $108.00 ticket for a taillight out (first offense)
    Seems a little steep for a taillight.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    I wish I knew.
    This is the south. I wonder what corruption is afoot?
    My son just got a $108.00 ticket for a taillight out (first offense)
    Seems a little steep for a taillight.
    Have him contest it and see what's up. At minimum enclose a written statement to the judge. If the $108 is the maximum fine, he's got nothing to lose.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Exclamation The incident and the taillight fine are two different things

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Have him contest it and see what's up. At minimum enclose a written statement to the judge. If the $108 is the maximum fine, he's got nothing to lose.

gf
    The incident and the taillight fine are two different things.

The repairshop guy reported his incident to FDLE. It is under investigation.

My son's ticket does not have the possibility of a court appearance circled on the back of the ticket. From the ticket stand point it is not an option. My wife abd son went to the courthouse today to see what could be done. they were given a 30 day extension while they "look" into it.

The vehicle has to be presented to a police officer to ensure the taillights are in working order before the ticket can be cleared. It has been at the shop for over two weeks while they look for parts. I will be taking it to the Troopers station when it is fixed because I do not trust the Crestview PD.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Wow. Sounds like it is turning into a real police state.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Hey, Festus, have your son not pay that ticket (I wouldn't) and then you'll get a court date. You can't lay down on these issues, brother, it sounds ominous. You need to find out what's going on and stop it, before it gets completely out-of-hand. This kind of crap needs to be FOUGHT.

If it were me I would do exactly that!

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Hey, Festus, have your son not pay that ticket (I wouldn't) and then you'll get a court date. You can't lay down on these issues, brother, it sounds ominous. You need to find out what's going on and stop it, before it gets completely out-of-hand. This kind of crap needs to be FOUGHT.
    If it were me I would do exactly that!
    But my son is going into the USMC and I don't want to screw that up for him. His best interest is to make that go away as soon as possible and upchannel it to his recruiter so that it does not affect his security clearance investigation.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

10. Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    But my son is going into the USMC and I don't want to screw that up for him. His best interest is to make that go away as soon as possible and upchannel it to his recruiter so that it does not affect his security clearance investigation.
    Concur, know which battles to fight.

This PD does not sound right at all. Have you actually tried to do a ride along personally?
    Enlist local media? Local governments don't like bad press.

Exclamation My 21 Year old son requested one and was flatly denied

My 21 Year old son requested one and was flatly denied.

The neighboring communities: Valpariso and Niceville both have ride-a-longs.

I want to know what they do not want John Q. Public to see. What are they up to????
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast