Plain cloths LEO lucky he didn't get shot by motorcyclist - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Plain cloths LEO lucky he didn't get shot by motorcyclist

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Pulling a gun on an individual who is armed with no way for that individual to know you are an LEO could be a lethal act for both of you. Waving a badge (can buy one today) will not count, he would be better off calling a marked unit.
    Especially since someone could mistake it for one of those silly CCW Badges.

3. I had a run in years ago with a plain clothes leo in texas.
    I was young, had a friend in the car, he was throwing water balloons at cars.
    Well one went over the car and hit a mustang.
    The guy chased us for quite a while, at one point I stopped the car, he stopped behind us, opened his door, and crouched behind it with a gun drawn.

He continued to chase us for half an hour, we had no idea who he was, or if he would shoot us.

We even drove past a parking lot with 3 MARKED leos having a chat, while he was chasing us.

It ended with me pulling into my driveway, and him FINALLY declaring he was a LEO. With his gun drawn. No badge, no ID, nothing.

I calmly went inside. He ended up going to the corner store and calling it in. About 20 minutes later we had 3 cop cars and a seargent knocking on the door. I told him exactly what happened. He even commented that he SAW us go by. He was one of the three in the parking lot we drove by.

Chalked it up to another rookie mistake with a big head.

But looking back I don't know what I would have done if I was armed. He never identified until a good 45 minutes into it.

Yes, all over a water balloon hitting his car.

Young and a little bit crazy...we've all been at the back of the couch one way or another shivering in our boots. LOL
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by crisco View Post
    I had a run in years ago with a plain clothes leo in texas.
    I was young, had a friend in the car, he was throwing water balloons at cars.
    Let me reword that for you, "We were throwing water balloons at cars." You were just as guilty whether or not you were actually holding the balloon.

Hopefully you didn't have a CCW at that age, cause based on your actions you weren't ready, right?
    Islander's Law: Registration is Preparation for Confiscation

6. No, I didn't have a CCW then.
    I was obviously too irresponsible to be given that power.

That cop screwed up he should have identifide himself imeadiatly, I ride, although I do not ride like that guy I do get after it from time to time, and I can say with fair certanty, no matter what I may have done previously if the same situation happened to me when stopping in a line of traffic one or both of us would not have had a good day no sir not a good day at all

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Bare bones scenario: guy cuts me off with his car while I'm on my bike. I wear no helmet, no gloves, weapon is readily accessible. guy jumps out of his car and reaches for his weapon, flashes no badge...If this isn't a "shoot scenario", I dont' know what is. Yeah, you might get shot and you might die, but are you just gonna sit there? What the hell are you packing a weapon for? I hope to never find myself in this situation, but if I was ever gonna reach for my piece, this would be the time. You can sit there and wet your pants; not me.
    I'm just trying to figure out how you are going to explain the flashing "Blue Lights" to the responding officers. While it's true that anybody can buy a car and add the lights, any reasonable person is going to have to stop and think about whether the guy getting out of the car with the flashing "blues" might be an officer, especially if he knows that he's just broken a ***** load of traffic laws....

Several flashing light cars with BG with fake badge have taken place in Houston, unmarked cars will be following me for a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Several flashing light cars with BG with fake badge have taken place in Houston, unmarked cars will be following me for a long way.
    If that's the case what good would it had done to show a badge as he got out of his car???

After looking at the video, I don't think he was in a state unmarked car (no lights) I think he was in his private car and just followed him to where he could get control of the rider. I did notice a marked car pulling up behing the biker, so it does appear that the off duty officer called for assistance....Bottem line biker was an idiot and deserves anything that the judge dishes out to him.

Quote Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
    I'm just trying to figure out how you are going to explain the flashing "Blue Lights" to the responding officers. While it's true that anybody can buy a car and add the lights, any reasonable person is going to have to stop and think about whether the guy getting out of the car with the flashing "blues" might be an officer, especially if he knows that he's just broken a ***** load of traffic laws....
    Flashing blue lights? On his Malibu? Musta missed 'em. So, let's review the video: guy cuts me off on my bike, jumps out his car, pulls a weapon and orders me off my bike. Mentions eventually that he's state police, but never does produce any ID or a badge. Yeah, I'll go with my first answer: shoot the prick.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast