Plain cloths LEO lucky he didn't get shot by motorcyclist - Page 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Plain cloths LEO lucky he didn't get shot by motorcyclist

Quote Originally Posted by mgttrmn:214609
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked:137941
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    If it had been me, I would have drawn on the guy, which would have probably ended in his death if he pointed that gun at me without identifying himself.
    So Unfeathered Might, you would have drawn on the guy standing 3 feet in front of you, weapon already in hand?

I think it would have been you that ended up dead. Such false bravado....
    You assume you and the officers have the exact same requirements for pulling an weapon. Reckless driving in that manner can be considered a threat and justify the officer to pull a weapon. The fact he holstered after assessing the threat says he was doing his job. In most of the states I've been to, there are laws against video and audio recording an law enforcement officer. Im not talking about the illegal wire tapping laws.
    Not in Kentucky, I can record whatever I wish and I only have to prove a reasonable person would have thought their life in danger. Considering the number of people in this thread that pointed out his failure to ID, a reasonable presumption of death would be valid for this situation and as a sound defense against a murder charge, at least in this state anyway.

I agree the idiot motorcyclist, had he been a CCW may have attempted to shoot and been justified in that manner to do so due to the lack of the officer to ID himself. I was only speaking to the fact that the officer would of had justification to have his weapon drawn due to the nature of the stop. I will looked into Kentucky more about the recording of officers there.

No recording means Canton officer who recorded his own actions would have walked to assult another person.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    No recording means Canton officer who recorded his own actions would have walked to assult another person.
    And the best part is it was their own camera. Can't deny that evidence.

+1. On that

The whole scene is a bit "fishy". Why did he stop for an unmarked car? How did he cut him off--looked as if he had plenty of room to exit, especially on a bike. Looks to me as if he set the cop up or it was staged for some reason. Far as having a firearm pulled on the biker--would not have worked on some.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    And the best part is it was their own camera. Can't deny that evidence.
    Makes it even better.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213