Plain cloths LEO lucky he didn't get shot by motorcyclist - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Plain cloths LEO lucky he didn't get shot by motorcyclist

Just watched the video about 10 times.

If it had been me, I would have drawn on the guy, which would have probably ended in his death if he pointed that gun at me without identifying himself.

For all the rider knew for the first 5 seconds or so, he was an irate motorist intending grave bodily harm.

The LEO should have IMMEDIATELY SAID, "State police!", AS SOON AS HE WAS EXITING THE CAR, not 5 seconds after he had already drawn his gun and closed the distance to the rider.

The bad thing is that video would have proven my innocence, the LEO screwed up BIG TIME!
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

100% agree with the motorcyclist. He's willing to take his lumps for the traffic tickets, but there was absolutely no reason the officer needed to draw his gun. I don't know the exact wording of this wiretapping law, but I have a hard time lumping visible video cameras in with wiretaps. If you don't want someone to record you doing something, don't do it, right? BTW, in MD there are now cameras to enforce speed limits in construction zones, and signs posted all along the highway saying so. Why can they record us but we can't record them?

AND they came and confiscated his computers?!?!
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    AND they came and confiscated his computers?!?!
    Whoa, didn't know they did that. Well this guy is gonna have one hell of a lawsuit. Wiretapping laws don't apply to public domain, IE you can record anything you want in public which is why they can use traffic cameras.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Whoa, didn't know they did that.
    @1:20 of the CNN video.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    @1:20 of the CNN video.
    Hadn't watched that on. Thanks for the time stamp.

I think we're missing the point.

Dude on the bike is a dumbass. Deserves what he gets.

Gun was never pointed at the biker. And it was probably more like 4 seconds before the guy identified himself.

Yes, people on both sides screwed up, but the biker is in the wrongest.

Quote Originally Posted by Area Man View Post

Gun was never pointed at the biker. And it was probably more like 4 seconds before the guy identified himself.

The biker deserves a reckless driving ticket (three or more offenses in one incident) and deserves to be penalized accordingly. However, Just because you break a law or two does not make you give up all of your rights, nor does it give an officer of the law (especially plain clothes) the right to do whatever he likes..

Again, what was the "threat" to the officer, that demanded he pull his service weapon?? I've asked this a couple of times now, and nobody has answered the question.

I know if I pull my concealed weapon, the first question the officer is going to ask me is "What threat were you trying to stop". Well maybe the second question after, "where is your gun?"

What the biker did was foolish , irresponsible and dangerous (Mostly to himself), what the officer did was reckless and could have cause someone (including bystanders) to get shot..

As to the wire tap charges, it has to do with the MD law about the audio - I guess it's fine to video. BUT if one person objects to being recorded (audio) then it can't be recorded..
    But does that mean you can record (audio) until the person says no I don't give permission??

In most of these types of issues it comes down to "does a person in a given situation have a reasonable expectation of privacy" In this case, I believe the answer is NO, since you are on a public thoroughfare.

So it looks like the state is adding insult to injury in this case.

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by Area Man View Post

Actually I think they both created a dangerous environment that could have led to death and from my perspective the officer was far more aggressive. The gun was completely unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    So it looks like the state is adding insult to injury in this case.
    Yep, they call that corruption where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    If it had been me, I would have drawn on the guy, which would have probably ended in his death if he pointed that gun at me without identifying himself.
    So Unfeathered Might, you would have drawn on the guy standing 3 feet in front of you, weapon already in hand?

I think it would have been you that ended up dead. Such false bravado....

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast