Plain cloths LEO lucky he didn't get shot by motorcyclist - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Plain cloths LEO lucky he didn't get shot by motorcyclist

Wink Maybe I am just crazy....

.... but what is it about rights that people just don't seem to grasp?

Quote Originally Posted by Area Man View Post
    I think we're missing the point.

Dude on the bike is a dumbass. Deserves what he gets.

Gun was never pointed at the biker. And it was probably more like 4 seconds before the guy identified himself.

Yes, people on both sides screwed up, but the biker is in the wrongest.
    I know a LOT of dumbasses! A lot of them right here on this forum. In fact, I have BEEN a dumbass on more occasions than I care to recount. The point is, rights are rights, no matter how dumb, and how guilty, anyone happens to be. In fact, as has been pointed out multiple times on this very forum, a right which can be invalidated IS NOT REALLY A RIGHT.

As for drawing on a guy coming at you with a gun, I think that, between me getting the bike engine between us, me throwing my helmet at the aggressor, and my amazingly lightning fast draw, I might just take my chances. I believe that it would take less than 5 seconds.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Guy jumps out of his car and reaches for his weapon? Given that he's expecting everyone to tremble at his presence (just like your average BG and corrupt LEO), I think he might have been very surprised how fast my sidearm (and 2 holes in his thorasic cavity) would have appeared. It's called TRAINING. And I know, FOR A FACT, I can accomplish this in far less than 5 seconds.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    So Unfeathered Might, you would have drawn on the guy standing 3 feet in front of you, weapon already in hand?

I think it would have been you that ended up dead. Such false bravado....
    Go watch the video again.

Guy is getting out of car, you can see him go for his gun, he even has an issue in drawing it at first. At that point I would have drawn and pointed at him. If he then started to bring his weapon up without IDing himself first, yes I would have shot him.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    And I know, FOR A FACT, I can accomplish this in far less than 5 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    At that point I would have drawn and pointed at him. If he then started to bring his weapon up without IDing himself first, yes I would have shot him.
    With gloves on straddling your cycle while peering through the facemask of your helmet? Dang, you guys are good!

Good armchair quarterbacks, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    With gloves on stradlding your cycle while peering through the facemask of your helmet? Dang, you guys are good!

Good armchair quarterbacks, that is.
    MC gloves come in all sorts. Mine are thin leather, just enough to keep the wind and sun off of them. Definitely thin and sensitive enough to draw and fire. And at the distance between the two men, even a mediocre shooter could point shoot and land critical hits.

Think before you type dude.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Go watch the video again.

Guy is getting out of car, you can see him go for his gun, he even has an issue in drawing it at first. At that point I would have drawn and pointed at him. If he then started to bring his weapon up without IDing himself first, yes I would have shot him.
    Unfeatheredmite, now you are talking about shooting a police officer?
    Shame on you.

How did you meeting go with the AG regarding you OC'ing a pistol in courthouses?

Cops are not my favorite people. However, they do a thankless job. For that, they get my respect.

Someday, you are going to be in a situation where your gun is not going to help you. Think about that.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Shame on you.

How did you meeting go with the AG regarding you OC'ing a pistol in courthouses?

Cops are not my favorite people. However, they do a thankless job. For that, they get my respect.

Someday, you are going to be in a situation where your gun is not going to help you. Think about that.
    An unidentified cop with his hand on a gun is a potential BG, and should be treated as one until he ID's.

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Think before you type dude.
    I'd prefer to think before I shoot. But I suppose the split second it takes to rationalize a good decision in this scenario is too much for you loose cannons. Why is it so hard for you to comprehend how driving a bike like that in traffic is going to end under any other circumstances? Maybe not confronting a LEO with drawn pistol, but really? Knowing there are guys like you out there I commend the LEO for taking every necessary precaution in this case. Are you more concerned with your supposed gunfighting skills or the fact that a dangerous, reckless driver was taken into custody?

What a bunch of whack jobs you boneheads are.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Shame on you.

No, we're not talking about shooting an officer. We're talking about shooting someone in plain clothes, an unmarked car, no badge, no announcement as an officer until far too long after the gun is drawn, and far longer than it would have taken to react to some perceived maniac fumbling with his own gun.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    No, we're not talking about shooting an officer. We're talking about shooting someone in plain clothes, an unmarked car, no badge, no announcement as an officer until far too long after the gun is drawn, and far longer than it would have taken to react to some perceived maniac fumbling with his own gun.
    Uteamerr, is your name unfeatheredmite?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast