Plain cloths LEO lucky he didn't get shot by motorcyclist - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Plain cloths LEO lucky he didn't get shot by motorcyclist

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Are you more concerned with your supposed gunfighting skills or the fact that a dangerous, reckless driver was taken into custody?
    No, but like so many threads tend to, this one has gone in a couple different directions. My comment to you was directly in response to your obviously un-thought-out comment about how hard it would be to draw and fire while wearing gloves and a helmet.

Now, as for the reckless driver... Yes, weaving in and out of traffic at such a speed is foolish. And yes, I'm glad he was pulled over. But I am NOT glad that the officer drew his weapon. Any one of us doing that would be charged and convicted for aggravated assault, and rightfully so. An officer should be held to the same standard. And a plain clothed officer should really be even more careful, because of reasons expressed in this discussion we are having here. It very well could have gotten him killed.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Uteamerr, is your name unfeatheredmite?
    No, but since you obviously missed it when each of those points were made the first time, by UM or others, I figured maybe you'd catch it this time around from me.

That, and I happened to already be right here on this page.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    No, but since you obviously missed it when each of those points were made the first time, by UM or others, I figured maybe you'd catch it this time around from me.

That, and I happened to already be right here on this page.
    Since you are unfeatheredmits lackey, I will ask you to:
    Look at the lower video clip. The last frame. What is that? Looks like a police prowler to me.
    I think the mtorcycle moron knew he had at least one, probably two police cars on his tail.
    Drawing his pistol would probably got him shot dead.

Some here would brag about their false bravado and gunfighting skills, when in all reality they'd probably be the ones crying like a baby begging the bad man with the gun not to hurt them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Some here would brag about their false bravado and gunfighting skills, when in all reality they'd probably be the ones crying like a baby begging the bad man with the gun not to hurt them.
    YouTube - Gunsmoke 1962 Opening
    This is how some see themselves.

wolfhunter Guest
    Actually, I'd prefer to be more like this man:

Attachment 530

Cocked and locked, your entire argument seems contradictory considering your name here. You don't know what my reflexes are and your obvious unwillingness to act in the split second chance that life may give you, the opportunity to save your own life, is indicative that you would loose your life in such an encounter.

Oh and I don't wear gloves when I ride.

theicemanmpls, you really are a troll. Your immaturity is mind boggling and a waste of time for people to read, I can see why you are on so many ignore lists.

Consider this my notice that you are now on mine.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    - Gunsmoke 1962 Opening
    This is how some see themselves.
    Rather than the Gunsmoke clip, I think it's more like this one..

Fast Draw!!!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Cocked and locked, your entire argument seems contradictory considering your name here. You don't know what my reflexes are and your obvious unwillingness to act in the split second chance that life may give you, the opportunity to save your own life, is indicative that you would loose your life in such an encounter.

Oh and I don't wear gloves when I ride.
    I never indicated any "unwillingness to act." What I indicated was the need to rationalize the scenario based on the information given in the account of events and the video - not the leading tag line of the thread title, predisposed to feed the fantasies of all you trigger happy quick-draw McGraws out there.

Once again you all fall right into CWM's so ineptly named "editorial protocol."

Bare bones scenario: guy cuts me off with his car while I'm on my bike. I wear no helmet, no gloves, weapon is readily accessible. guy jumps out of his car and reaches for his weapon, flashes no badge...If this isn't a "shoot scenario", I dont' know what is. Yeah, you might get shot and you might die, but are you just gonna sit there? What the hell are you packing a weapon for? I hope to never find myself in this situation, but if I was ever gonna reach for my piece, this would be the time. You can sit there and wet your pants; not me.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast