Plain cloths LEO lucky he didn't get shot by motorcyclist - Page 7
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 127

Thread: Plain cloths LEO lucky he didn't get shot by motorcyclist

  1. #61
    Off subject: I ride a bike and see the ass hole riders doing this crap. Makes all us riders look bad. Makes me wonder why a street motorcycle is able to go 100 mph and not limited by electronics? There is no reason to go that fast.

    On subject:

    Cop: should have came out with badge it one hand, weapon in the other. The guy was using his motorcycle as a weapon.

    Rider:
    Should have crashed into guardrail and died before cop had to do anything.

  2.   
  3. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by TnGW1500se View Post
    Off subject: I ride a bike and see the ass hole riders doing this crap. Makes all us riders look bad. Makes me wonder why a street motorcycle is able to go 100 mph and not limited by electronics? There is no reason to go that fast.

    On subject:

    Cop: should have came out with badge it one hand, weapon in the other. The guy was using his motorcycle as a weapon.

    Rider:
    Should have crashed into guardrail and died before cop had to do anything.
    OK, so what should the speed be set to? 80? 70? 65? How about 55? You can mess up at any of those speeds and end up dead. At 50 you would be doubling the speed limit in front of my house. You could kill a kid who runs out from behind a parked car. Maybe we should make all vehicles have sensors that know the speed limit and keep every vehicle from speeding.

    Or how about this, let's put a remote speed control in them so we can slow you down if you are going too fast. Let's put a tracking device in them so that if you decide to just leave unannounced or go somewhere you don't belong, we can trace your movement. Maybe a sound recorder so that we can hear your private conversation. (Oh wait, we already have those things.)
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

  4. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    OK, so what should the speed be set to? 80? 70? 65? How about 55?
    That wasn't just speeding, timmy. Did you watch the video closely? The dude was riding wheelies in heavy traffic. That is just absolutley stupid.

    Finally somebody (TnGW1500se) sees through the horseshit that's been posted in this thread and makes an intelligent post, then timmy comes back in with the speed limit nonsense.

    Freaking amazing. Par for the course.

  5. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    That wasn't just speeding, timmy. Did you watch the video closely? The dude was riding wheelies in heavy traffic. That is just absolutely stupid.

    Finally somebody (TnGW1500se) sees through the horseshit that's been posted in this thread and makes an intelligent post, then timmy comes back in with the speed limit nonsense.

    Freaking amazing. Par for the course.
    Did you read his post, or just the first line of my response to it?
    Makes me wonder why a street motorcycle is able to go 100 mph and not limited by electronics? There is no reason to go that fast.
    Yes, what the guy was doing was stupid, and I never said it wasn't. My point was that you can do stupid things at any speed. Do we really want speed controls on our vehicles? Since they don't yet have them, my guess is no, we don't want that.

    Sorry I didn't dumb it down for you the first go-around.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

  6. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by TnGW1500se View Post
    Off subject: I ride a bike and see the ass hole riders doing this crap. Makes all us riders look bad. Makes me wonder why a street motorcycle is able to go 100 mph and not limited by electronics? There is no reason to go that fast.
    IF they do it to motorcycles then they should do it to ALL vehicles.. But has nothing to do with the plain clothes cop in a Chevy Malibu pulling a gun and approaching the rider without identifying himself for over 5 seconds, then the gov't attacking the rider with BS charges..

    Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

  7. #66
    I routinely ride/drive as fast as I want, especially in open country, having made the decision that "if I do the crime, I'll do the time". My choice and as long as I endanger no one (other than me), that should be sufficient. NO WAY do I want any kind of "speed inhibitor" on any of my machines. Out here, in the wide open spaces, you could drive 100 mph while puffing on a cigar (and I have).

    At any rate, as Hootmon points out, how fast he was riding wasn't even the issue.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  8. Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    ...you can do stupid things at any speed.
    Indeed. Wheelies can be done at a complete stop(after popping the wheelie).
    This is not a speed issue. The speed vehicles are capable of is a distraction. This is a behavior issue.

  9. Anyone know the unmarked law? I ask because I was pulled over by an unmarked doing roughly 95 in a 65, and I was pulled over by a cop with an unmarked car but one with the built in lights so i presume on duty, anyway he said "watch your speed there's alot of troopers out up ahead on this road" and went on his merry way. I assumed he was just being nice, but when telling the story someone told me they think there's some wierd gray area for even onduty unmarks to pull you over and such, but haven't been able to hear about anything solid on the legality.

  10. #69
    lethalMouse- I believe he could have stuck it to you if he had wanted to.. I will tell you here in Florida they have all but stopped giving warnings because all of the municipalities are hurting for $$$. So count your blessings and keep on the look out in the future..

    Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

  11. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    15

    Filming in a public place

    i am not gonna debate whether or not the officers actions were improper. However, to arrest the individual with a charge of illegal wiretap is completely bogus. You can video and voice record anyone you want in a public setting without their permission. The reason behind that is because there is no expectation of privacy regarding what you say or how you act out in the open.

    The LEO can get in a lot of trouble for filing a charge that he knows is trumped up. And with the way the ACLU has been rolling lately, the LEO will NOT walk away unscathed!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ex-wife, friend claim self-defense after man shot three times
    By RRGlock23 in forum Deadly Force and The Law
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 10:06 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 04:50 AM
  3. Thoughts on gun control
    By magicman007 in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 12:22 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast