Ada County

Thread: Ada County

Thumbs up Ada County

Hi folks!
    First post, hope in the right place.
    I am a Canadian planning to spend a lot more time on your side of the border.
    I like to travel with a firearm in my truck up here, as handguns are a no go, as I am sure you know.
    So I checked around to see where I could apply for a non resident CCW. I found Ada County through this site, Thank you!
    I emailed them, and some time later rec'd an email from Nora of the Sheriffs Dept. Nora apologized for being so tardy in getting back to me. I was expecting the worst, by the way.
    Nora kindly asked for my address, and would send out the forms asap. Along with a "if you have any questions, please call me", and added her phone number.
    To say I am elated is an understatement!!
    I will have my local RCMP do the prints, and head down there for a course very soon.

Just wanted to let you all know how happy I am, and that there are good people, on our side, out there!

Later....

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Hi folks!
    First post, hope in the right place.
    I am a Canadian planning to spend a lot more time on your side of the border.
    I like to travel with a firearm in my truck up here, as handguns are a no go, as I am sure you know.
    So I checked around to see where I could apply for a non resident CCW. I found Ada County through this site, Thank you!
    I emailed them, and some time later rec'd an email from Nora of the Sheriffs Dept. Nora apologized for being so tardy in getting back to me. I was expecting the worst, by the way.
    Nora kindly asked for my address, and would send out the forms asap. Along with a "if you have any questions, please call me", and added her phone number.
    To say I am elated is an understatement!!
    I will have my local RCMP do the prints, and head down there for a course very soon.

Just wanted to let you all know how happy I am, and that there are good people, on our side, out there!

Later....
    LeRoy...welcome to the site! Glad to hear that you received good service from Ada County... In general, people here in Idaho are very friendly and helpful. I don't know where in Canada you are coming from, but if you are driving, you might want to check with Kootenai County, or Bonner or Boundary counties for that matter, as they are much closer to Canada than Ada County is

PM me if there is anything I can help with from this end

jibbster...
    thanks for the welcome and offer of help!
    I am in the East Central part of Alberta, not that far really. I just drove to Telegraph Texas and back for a three day hog hunt, so distance is not much of a problem ;)

Am looking at what I want to carry, as I only have a Rem 1858 in 44 Russian/Special (converted), and a S&W #3 in the same cal. Not really for ccw!.

Back in the day, when they first appeared, I owned a KP-85. Was a nice piece-just wished I'd kept it!

Anyway, thanks again!

Later....

Glad to hear that things are working out for you. Idaho is one of the most gun friendly states in the Union. We recognize every state's permit unconditionally. I wish that more states were like us.