Cop Fires Gun in Squad Car
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cop Fires Gun in Squad Car

Not good. Not good at all. Watch the video.

Published : Thursday, 17 Jun 2010, 8:47 PM CDT

* Emily Lopez

Emily Lopez
    FOX 4 News

Adapted for Web by Alex Collins, myfoxdfw.com

DALLAS - A Dallas police officer faces criminal charges after she fired a gun into the backseat floorboard of a police car Wednesday evening.

According to the Dallas Police Department, Officer Kelly Beemer was off-duty and heavily intoxicated when another off-duty police officer tried to help her into his personal vehicle.

When Beemer attempted to exit the moving vehicle, two officers who were on-duty came to the scene.

Beemer was seated in the back seat of Officer Zachary Helm’s squad car when she unfastened a revolver strapped to her ankle and fired into the back right floorboard, police said.

While the incident is being investigated, the two officers who assisted Beemer will be placed on restricted duty for neglecting procedure, failing to check Beemer for weapons prior to admitting her into the vehicle and failing to immediately notify their supervisor of the situation.

Beemer has been arrested for discharging a firearm within city limits, a Class A misdemeanor, which merits a maximum of one year in prison and/or a $4,000 fine.

DPD will determine their disciplinary measures after the investigation is completed.

Chief of Police David Brown reacted to the incident and said he is “extremely disappointed by Officer Beemer’s conduct.”
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Gotta follow procedure when dealing with a fellow cop that's drunk. The life/job/car you save may be your own.

Firearms and alcohol never mix. I had a close call one time in my teenage years.
    -Austin

5. Quote Originally Posted by Booga View Post
    Gotta follow procedure when dealing with a fellow cop that's drunk. The life/job/car you save may be your own.
    I make it a point not to drink if I cc.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

handgonnetoter Guest
    Yeeeaaahhh. That is why I rarely ever drink anymore, because I am always carrying!

I pretty much never drink any alcohol except a little shot of wine on rare occasions. It makes you act and look stupid.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

new job....The world needs strippers too

Just how thick is that "thin blue line"? Who wants to take bets nothing happens to her? I mean, the department needs to keep its demographics in the politicly correct range, right?
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    Just how thick is that "thin blue line"? Who wants to take bets nothing happens to her? I mean, the department needs to keep its demographics in the politicly correct range, right?
    Five years ago I would have bet nothing happened. Now I'd bet that SOMETHING happens, but since nobody died, it'll be a three day suspension without pay and then it's back to work as usual. I seriously doubt she'll be fired, but it won't be completely ignored.

Accountability for cops has been a long time in coming, but it is coming.

11. Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    I make it a point not to drink if I cc.
    Agreed. I make it a point not to drink even a sip of alcohol if I plan on driving later or handling guns. I reserve drinking for times when I'm with good friends and I'm staying for the night or I'm with a designated driver. Other times, I'm the designated driver.

There is no excuse for drunken driving or drunken shooting. It's not an accident. It's a choice and it's totally preventable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast