Police at the door at 2 AM - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Police at the door at 2 AM

handgonnetoter Guest
    Man, that really sucks. I said a prayer that your son gets his act together and starts acting like his father, who sounds like he does have his act together. Good luck.

Prayers for you and your son. I agree that you were right in having your gun with you. How would you know that it was the police, especially at that time of the morning. I would be willing to bet that the police officer that told you that would have had his gun when he answered the door.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

So very sorry for your situation and hope your son finds the right path. Sometimes we have to hit the bottom before we can look up. As for carrying at the door--those who do not will be in for a bad time. Lots of bad guys have "T" shirts and caps with logos on them.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulIcemanMc View Post
    ... he says I should not answer the door with a gun when someone is just knocking.
    Should'a asked him how he'd have answered his door at 2a.m. if someone unexpectedly came banging on it! Maybe he should examine his technique, especially when his Captain didn't seem to know about it in advance! Who's this Officer think he is...**** Tracy? He's lucky you were composed...a lesser man might have launched a few through the front door just to soften it up a bit before answering.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Should'a asked him how he'd have answered his door at 2a.m. if someone unexpectedly came banging on it! Maybe he should examine his technique, especially when his Captain didn't seem to know about it in advance! Who's this Officer think he is...**** Tracy? He's lucky you were composed...a lesser man might have launched a few through the front door just to soften it up a bit before answering.
    +1 Ah, Yup...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Prayers

Thank you all for your prayers and concerns. The "son" has been calling collect for two days, about 20 times, and we cannot recieve collect calls on our home phone plan or on our cell phones. You would think he would stop I was going to set up the account that the local jail said needed to be set up just to talk to him once but the place needs a $50 deposit non-refundable and my wife and I both decided that he can get a letter from us explaining everything.
    My wife says " he traded diamonds for rocks!" and now it is his consequences and we do not have to suffer his consequences. Keep the prayers comeing. It is hard on us and especially his 3 yr old daughter.
    Now that he is probably going to be a convicted felon, he cannot be welcome in my home because I have firearms there at all times. Another consequence for him, not me...
    The Iceman, Akron, Oh
    Shoot straight and be safe...

Thank you all for your prayers and concerns. The "son" has been calling collect for two days, about 20 times, and we cannot recieve collect calls on our home phone plan or on our cell phones. You would think he would stop I was going to set up the account that the local jail said needed to be set up just to talk to him once but the place needs a $50 deposit non-refundable and my wife and I both decided that he can get a letter from us explaining everything.
    My wife says " he traded diamonds for rocks!" and now it is his consequences and we do not have to suffer his consequences. Keep the prayers comeing. It is hard on us and especially his 3 yr old daughter.
    Now that he is probably going to be a convicted felon, he cannot be welcome in my home because I have firearms there at all times. Another consequence for him, not me...
    The firearms are in your possession, not his. Lock them up. It will be ok.

Call me a wuss and I stand by my comments but it is just my wife and I in our house (no kids, no nobody else) and I lock my bedroom door and if there is "thump" at 2am I call 911, activate my car alarm, and stay defensive behind my bedroom door in a preplanned position with preplanned firearms that WILL defeat anyone who decides to defeat that door. Any "stuff" in my house, although valuable, is insured and is NOT worth my life to defend; I appreciate my limitations and do not know if the thump causer is better than me. My call to 911, however, in the context of this original thread, should have some impact on what is going on outside my house--if anything, it should put the police in the embarrassing and legally tenuous position--not me.

My wife says " he traded diamonds for rocks!" and now it is his consequences and we do not have to suffer his consequences. Keep the prayers coming. It is hard on us and especially his 3 yr old daughter.
    My prayers go out for you and your Family. Stay committed, ask God for strength daily and do it one day at a time. ALL this was brought on by his actions. You said it the best "consequence for him, not me". Hopefully this young man has hit his bottom and will start anew. I had a similar experience with my Ex's child, very similar. I suggest counseling for you both, especially if your wife's emotional stability is uncertain.

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Call me a wuss and I stand by my comments but it is just my wife and I in our house (no kids, no nobody else) and I lock my bedroom door
    This is all good except my wife sleeps down stairs because she doesn't like my air conditioned room in the summer. So my only option was get down stairs and address the threat if any....
    The Iceman, Akron, Oh
    Shoot straight and be safe...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast