Police at the door at 2 AM - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Police at the door at 2 AM

Quote Originally Posted by PaulIcemanMc View Post
    . Again I explain the situation to them and he says I should not answer the door with a gun when someone is just knocking. I said I am armed at all times for the defense of my loved ones and myself and even home invaders knock just to get someone to open the door.
    r.

I live in a secluded country subdivision, and feel fortunate to have 5 LEOs for neighbors (3 State Troopers, one Deputy, and one City K9 officer).

One niight about 3 AM there was a loud, persistant knock at my front door. I pulled on a pair of jeans, and stuffed my Taurus PT 92 in the back of my waistband. When I turned on the porch light, it was the city K9 officer with his service dog. I opened the door, and he told me one of his colleagues had arrested 3 men that were stealing building supplies from one of my job sites, and I should call the other officer so I could meet him and confirm that it was my material, and estimate the value.

I invited him in, but told him I was going to reach behind me and pull out my weapon that was in my waistband. He smiled, and said that under the circumstances, he fully expected I would come to the door armed.

Quote Originally Posted by billwot View Post
    r.

I live in a secluded country subdivision, and feel fortunate to have 5 LEOs for neighbors (3 State Troopers, one Deputy, and one City K9 officer).

One niight about 3 AM there was a loud, persistant knock at my front door. I pulled on a pair of jeans, and stuffed my Taurus PT 92 in the back of my waistband. When I turned on the porch light, it was the city K9 officer with his service dog. I opened the door, and he told me one of his colleagues had arrested 3 men that were stealing building supplies from one of my job sites, and I should call the other officer so I could meet him and confirm that it was my material, and estimate the value.

I invited him in, but told him I was going to reach behind me and pull out my weapon that was in my waistband. He smiled, and said that under the circumstances, he fully expected I would come to the door armed.
    I love the Castle Doctrine!

Best wishes for you and your family. I was lucky enough that my daughter did all of her rebelling prior to turning 18. She has now turned her life around and doesn't have any felonies on her record to cause problems later on in life. We had to kick her out when she was 17 because she got into meth and was trying to sell the contents of our house to support her habit. She even told me later that she'd tried to get into my safe to sell my firearms, and that she was very glad that I had a safe to keep them in. She is now welcome in our home again, and leads a productive life. That was almost 7 years ago now. She's been clean for the past 6. I hope that your situation works out as well. It does happen, so keep the faith.

Toy, I know you are glad things changed back to normalcy. I had one to do the same-just not Meth. Just pot and pills and alcohol. We cut off college funding and that changed her mind. She buckled down, picked up three part time jobs, and made the Dean's list the last year. Made us so very proud as she walked the aisle at grad.

6. hello sir

I have gone through the whole matter.Feeling really sorry for your son. Right now the only thing that i can do and say is .... my blessings are with you and your son...don't you worry Everything will be alright !

7. prayers sent buddy.

Iceman, I read your post and it brought a tear to my eyes I have four children and would not know what to do in that situation. It has to be hard on you and, your wife. I hope all works out well for your son and, he gets the help he needs. I commend you on how you handled the situation. As a father that has to be hard especially knowing that one of your children has wondered off the path. I will say an prayer for you and, your wife and, especially for your son. Thank you for sharing your post. It made me really think and appreciate my children . Thanks again Iceman, Good luck to you I hope all ends well for all of you.

Respectfully,
    Trophyhunter
    NRA,NYCCW,PALTCF,FLCCW,ARCCW,DCM,NYSRPA,SCOPE

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by billwot View Post
    r.

Sounds like that cop has some common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulIcemanMc View Post
    Thanks everyone. There is a saying that keeps me grounded, "But for the grace of GOD go I."
    AMEN Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........and a lotta luck too.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    'Never argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level, and defeat you with experience!' --Dilbert

11. I cannot imagine... best wishes, and prayers... And yes, you have every right to answer your door at anytime... ARMED. Without a doubt at anytime after midnight...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast