Police at the door at 2 AM - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Police at the door at 2 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    I don't know! I'm pretty ugly.
    You must not be familiar with Lori Davis hair care products.

As skittish as I may sound, the knock at the door, whether at 2 A.M or 2 P.M. may be the wolf at the door. I have lived in Vegas for the last 6 years and it really doesn't depend on the time of day or night. Home invasions are on the rise, and it does go just as fast as in "Law Abiding Citizen" I will continue to live by the "be prepared" motto and always stay at a Yellow level of awareness. Stay safe all!

We have 3 computers in our home office, one always monitors the 4 cameras I have out front recording everything that goes on 24/7. I just glance at the screen and know who's there, and who's hiding out of sight of the front door window. I don't like surprises.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    We have 3 computers in our home office, one always monitors the 4 cameras I have out front recording everything that goes on 24/7. I just glance at the screen and know who's there, and who's hiding out of sight of the front door window. I don't like surprises.
    I would love to see this setup you've got, care to share a pic?

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    Ahh, the benefits of modern technology. No doubt you have a setup for home automation too.

I live in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area where home invasion was practically invented. My house is in a nice area but scumbags have cars too. Although I've been lucky enough to never have an ugly encounter with someone at my door (it helps that my development is nicknamed "copland" from all the LEOs that live here), I always have a pistol handy. Unless it's an expected delivery or somebody I know, a piece goes into the back of my belt as I answer the door.

As far as the original story is concerned, as a very perceptive person once said many years ago, "sometimes bad sons come from good wombs". Don't I know it.....

In my neck of the woods we have had documented cases of home invaders claiming to be law enforcement and wearing counterfeit uniforms. At 2AM it doesn't pay to take chances.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    The Avon lady must stain her panties at your house.
    She'd have done it long before she got to our door. Our dog waits for you to close the gate before letting his presence be known. Usually by putting his cold wet Rotty nose in your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    You must not be familiar with Lori Davis hair care products.
    Is that what Polamalu Uses?
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Wink Pimped By Cher

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    Is that what Polamalu Uses?
    I am not sure. Lori Davis Hair Care products were pimped by Cher back in the early 1990's. "In Living Color" did a spoof featuring Jim Carey as Lori Davis explaining the Lori Davis principle of beauty. It works like this, stand next to someone who is assugly like Lori Davis/Jim Carey and you will instantly look and feel much more beautiful.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast