Hall County GA Sherriff's Office encounter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hall County GA Sherriff's Office encounter

Hall County GA Sherriff's Office encounter

Recently, my wife and I were at my in-laws taking care of the horses while they were away. My wife accidently triggered the alarm. An officer responded in under ten minutes. Seeing the Squad Car turn down the drive, we met him on the front porch with our credentials and authorization to be there. Even though we were both carrying open, he seemed totally unruffled and very nice and professional. did a visual check of our papers and wished us a good day. A very pleasant experiance.

You acted responsibly, ditto the deputy. I wish this wasn't remarkable.

Take care

Am very surprised he did not disarm you first. You and yours must have honest faces, lol.

A great outcome and an excellent officer.

Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    Am very surprised he did not disarm you first. You and yours must have honest faces, lol.
    Why would he? I was speaking to our county sheriff's training officer last week and this subject came up. If there is no apparent reason to be afraid of the other person then the firearm is not an issue. There has to be a good reason to disarm the peaceful citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by NMHunter View Post
    Why would he? I was speaking to our county sheriff's training officer last week and this subject came up. If there is no apparent reason to be afraid of the other person then the firearm is not an issue. There has to be a good reason to disarm the peaceful citizen.
    NMH, I have been to your State, and find the people very nice and usually respectful toward one another. This could be why there is no reason to disarm a peaceful citizen. In Ohio we have no such respect, and people are usually out for themselves. If you open carry here (which is totally legal and has been as long as I can remember) You run the risk of not only being disarmed, but arrested for inciting panic, or any other trumped up charge the police can think of. I believe that is the reason most of us in the north are surprised when nothing happens. there is a big difference between the West and North East where people are concerned. Maybe that's why I carry concealed all the time, and love the West so much. I would rather spend the legal fee's on another gun.

Duke, I'm glad you like my adopted state, for many of the reasons I do. Concealed does have a lot going for it as you say. I am split about half and half concealed and open.
    I agree legal fees v a new gun the new gun wins every time!

Off the beaten path at a horse farm in SC holds very different carry concerns, connotaions and expectations than would say, a Walmart in Cleveland.

I don't think so.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Off the beaten path at a horse farm in SC holds very different carry concerns, connotaions and expectations than would say, a Walmart in Cleveland.
    This is the same logic that the "anti's" use to defend taking away an individuals right to self protection in bigger cities. The fact is, you can be attacked ANYWHERE! That 2nd amendment holds no restrictions, and we should respect that.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    This is the same logic that the "anti's" use to defend taking away an individuals right to self protection in bigger cities. The fact is, you can be attacked ANYWHERE! That 2nd amendment holds no restrictions, and we should respect that.
    So I take it you don't understand my meaning in the use of the terms concerns, connotations and expectations in this context.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast