Border Crossing
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Border Crossing

1. Border Crossing

Recently hubby and I went to Niagara Falls and stayed on the Canadian side. At the border crossing, the border patrol guy asked if we had any guns, knives or mace with us. We told him no. He then asked if we owned any guns. Hubby told him no but that I owned one. I was then asked what kind of gun I owned. I told him and he then asked where was it and I told him home in my bedroom. He then told us the penalties for having a gun and then asked again if we had any guns and again we told him no. I would think after the first question was answered why the others? When they scan our passports just exactly what info if any is on there?

Were you crossing into the US or going from the US to Canada? Was the border patrol US or Canadian? I take it your are US citizens.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

This sounds like Canada eh?
    Iti sounds like a typical question. The agent watches your reaction to the question.

I am wondering what the crime rate invovling firearms is in Canada? They have outlawed most if not all pistols.

This sounds like Canada eh?
    It sounds like a typical question. The agent watches your reaction to the question.

I am wondering what the crime rate invovling firearms is in Canada? They have outlawed most if not all pistols.

6. Yes, we're U.S. citizens going into Canada so the Border Patrol was Canadian. Just seemed strange he wanted to know if we owned guns. As long as I'm not trying to bring them into Canada, what difference does it make it I own any or not? He didn't search us or the vehicle.

Customs Agent: Are you bringing any firearms into <insert country here>?
    Me: No.
    CA: Do you own any firearms?
    Me: I already told you I have no firearms on or about my person or in my vehicle.
    CA: But do you OWN any firearms?
    Me: None of your business.
    CA: Ma'am, I need to know for the form. Do you own any firearms?
    Me: I already told you, that's none of your business as whether I own firearms or not, there are no firearms involved in this border crossing.
    CA: *sigh* If you owned firearms, where would they be right now?
    Me: *o_o* I'm not giving you an answer to any more firearms questions, move it along.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Cathy, if you try this the way you have spelled it out...You will be detained, searched, car taken apart (and they don't have to put it back together) on and on. I cross the border an average of 30 times per year for the last 20 years and have been detained when I just didn't look right to them, they don't need a reason to make your life a living hell. Be compliant, not complacent. I know if feels like an invasion of your privacy, but it is their Country.

I'll be sure to being my toolbox with all my car wrenching tools.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Have fun in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    I'll be sure to being my toolbox with all my car wrenching tools.
    Same here. They can remove every frickin bolt on my car; I'm not telling them a thing about "what I own". I'm asking for a supervisor and bitching like hell if they do it, or if it was a pleasure trip, turning the F around and enjoying the bountiful beauty of the US.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast