Now THIS is a LEO encounter! - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Now THIS is a LEO encounter!

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    That was California. Perfectly legal for the officer to verify the weapon was unloaded. The officer did everything right, as did the guy who was carrying.
    Ok, but what reason did the LEO have for making the stop in the first place? Just openly carrying a firearm is not reasonable articulable suspicion to stop someone, disarm them, and frisk them. The cop should have kept driving and found a REAL criminal somewhere. I'm so tired of seeing these stories of OCers getting harrassed for OC. It's proposterous.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I have to add that the fact that they are (apparently) both Marines changes everything . Being a Marine is like being a Mason you go the limit for a fellow Marine
    Oh please...how about they are both American citizens protected by the U.S. Constitution. Being a citizen means you stand by, defend, and uphold the document like any other man would. Oorahh!

Quote Originally Posted by uscg4good View Post
    Ok, but what reason did the LEO have for making the stop in the first place? Just openly carrying a firearm is not reasonable articulable suspicion to stop someone, disarm them, and frisk them.
    Hate to break it to you but California law provides that an officer can do exactly that. In Califorina it is illegal to to openly carry a loaded firearm and the law also allows the police to inspect your firearm to ensure that you are in compliance W/ that statute.

I don't like it but it is the law
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I still think it was staged.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by cabrera View Post
    Treo,

To me an empty gun is just a club. For that I would carry a walking stick with a thick shaft and a knurled handle.

SWEET! I have a BUNCH of sticks like that! I'll trade you for all your unloaded guns!
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    SWEET! I have a BUNCH of sticks like that! I'll trade you for all your unloaded guns!

Sorry Owl,
    I carry mine all of mine...& they are loaded, cocked & locked!

That's a Cold Steel Blackthorn Walking Stick, you might also want to check out their swordcane.

Quote Originally Posted by uscg4good View Post
    Ok, but what reason did the LEO have for making the stop in the first place? Just openly carrying a firearm is not reasonable articulable suspicion to stop someone, disarm them, and frisk them. The cop should have kept driving and found a REAL criminal somewhere. I'm so tired of seeing these stories of OCers getting harrassed for OC. It's proposterous.
    And I guess you always open carry every day in every place it is legal?

And you never look at someone who has a gun on his hip?

And you never wonder just what's up with the guy and his gun walking toward you?

Come on. When I spot a gun I go on defense. Automatically, without a doubt, every time.

If the police did not harass this guy it's a good thing, since they had no reason to. The police are learning just as we are.

I live in California and have one of the 45 thousand or so CCW permits. Let's take the good from this story and try not to insert all our rights and bold statements of why the police should not check this fellow out.

(Not directed at you) It's very easy to huff and puff on a computer. It's a different thing to walk down the street everyday with a gun on your hip. My hat's off to the OP and the LEO.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Dude View Post
    And I guess you always open carry every day in every place it is legal?

And you never look at someone who has a gun on his hip?

And you never wonder just what's up with the guy and his gun walking toward you?

Come on. When I spot a gun I go on defense. Automatically, without a doubt, every time.
    I don't always open carry but when I do it's a non event.

If I notice someone w/ a gun on his/her hip I'm generally pleased that some one else "gets it" It has never occurred to me to "go on the defensive"
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    If I notice someone w/ a gun on his/her hip I'm generally pleased that some one else "gets it" It has never occurred to me to "go on the defensive"
    Completely agree!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast