Open Carry, and where it gets rediculas. - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry, and where it gets rediculas.

1. Quote Originally Posted by ct1911guy View Post
    I believe in OCing and CCing but lets get serious, oc an m-4 into a Ponderosa? Lol
    I get enough suspicious looks from nervous people simply from having my handheld ham radio transceiver on my belt. I can only imagine if I had my AR-15 on me!

3. I watched the video and saw nothing wrong. Smart, common sense, or whatever descriptor aside what they were doing WAS legal. You don't have to like it, but its your duty to ensure they can do it. I personnally wouldn't take an AR15 to Denny's or wherever these guys were. But I also wouldn't have their rights stripped just because I wouldn't participate.

Honestly I cc and don't understand the philosophy behind opem carry other than it being legal. And yes its thier God given right to protect themselves, but hear me out on this one. For someone who lived in an environment where u need a gun to walk down the street after dark. I can't see carrying openly. Especially a M4. Honestly I had some neighbors who would have choked that guy with his own sling If he was by himself. Or maybe open carry is popular to guys who really dont need to carry. Don't get me wrong I am on ur side I just dont umderstand the tatical advantage. Knowing the best way out of a robery is to see it before it happens. U know the guy checking you out from down the street trying not to let u see he is checking u out. Well thats a smart robber. Most other thieves would give u a hard stare to check how low ur sack hangs or say somthing smart to u to check ur chin. In any case the elimemt of surprise works on both sides of the law. So why not use it to ur advantage. Again my aim was not to offend just to express. I support cc and oc....carry on...

What a bunch of dumba$$es. They should go to jail just for being stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckTurner68 View Post
    Honestly I cc and don't understand the philosophy behind opem carry other than it being legal. And yes its thier God given right to protect themselves, but hear me out on this one. For someone who lived in an environment where u need a gun to walk down the street after dark. I can't see carrying openly. Especially a M4. Honestly I had some neighbors who would have choked that guy with his own sling If he was by himself. Or maybe open carry is popular to guys who really dont need to carry. Don't get me wrong I am on ur side I just dont umderstand the tatical advantage. Knowing the best way out of a robery is to see it before it happens. U know the guy checking you out from down the street trying not to let u see he is checking u out. Well thats a smart robber. Most other thieves would give u a hard stare to check how low ur sack hangs or say somthing smart to u to check ur chin. In any case the elimemt of surprise works on both sides of the law. So why not use it to ur advantage. Again my aim was not to offend just to express. I support cc and oc....carry on...
    You are another that says you support oc and cc but your thought process says otherwise so try again. The tactical advantage as already been stated several times in this thread. If you neighbors are really that violent that alone would be reason enough to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy62 View Post
    What a bunch of dumba$$es. They should go to jail just for being stupid.
    What is the point of this post? Other than personal attack on those who are exercising their rights so they are not taken away?

Nice try but thanks for playing have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by TruckTurner68 View Post
    OC is a way around the BS permitting system, some people who OC can't for whatever reason get a concealed carry permit. Or they don't know the right person so their permit is rubber stamped "NO."

In most states you do not need a permit to OC just strap the gun on and go(PA, Phil is only city I have heard of that you need a permit to OC)

Everyone talks about surprise and all that crap as a reason not to OC, when that fails they try and point at statistics/or just flat out make up their own statistics. I have only read of one documented attack on a person who was OC and that was by a mentally unstable man, who tried to arrest the man claiming he was DEA and the man was about to rob the place.

If anything that points to a need to carry your firearm in a Level 3-4 when you OC.

If someone can find facts on OC Vs Concealed carry feel free to post them(FACTS!written by a government agency, not your personal feelings)

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

I understand avoiding the state process and would prefer not to have my pic taken our my prints on record for the gun grabbers to follow up on. However, like I said before a m4 come on now that is over doing it. Is that u John Wayne?

9. I don't open carry but I don't oppose folks who do. What worries me is the number of folks who seem to make the decision based on "their right" as opposed to tactical decision making----emotion or second amendment support versus tactical logic. Open carry supporters would have me believe there are two tactical advantages to open carry: 1) it allows for a faster presentation; and 2) it deters criminals. I readily admit to the first argument. As far as the second, I don't have a clue whether or not this is true. The open carry movement is so new that there has not been enough data collected to confirm or deny that claim. I personally believe that open carry could move one from deterrent to identified primary target, depending on the type of bad guy initiating the contact. If open carry were a deterrent, wouldn't being a police officer be one of the safest occupations, yet there have been numerous episodes of them being killed after walking in on a crime in progress. A perpetrator is unable to tell a citizen who open carries from an off-duty police officer. My prediction and I hope I am wrong, is that if the open carry movement advances, we will see an increased number of fatalities of those individuals just as a result of them stumbling in on crimes in progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Im all for Open Carry in my state, [Michigan] I dont do it for attention, I do it because its my god given right to protect myself and others with me. I do see where its uncalled for when an LEO stops you for openly carrying a pistol, but when does it just turn into an attention getter? Watch this video, shot in Lansing Michigan. Several guys are just carrying pistols, but if you notice one guy carrying an M-4 no need to be honest, and I wasnt even sure it complied with OC laws in Michigan...No need to carry an m-4 in my opinion. But hey, if its your right, its your right I guess....Just looked like at least 1 was looking for trouble...

part 1
    YouTube - Lansing Ponderosa Encounter - Raw footage Police detaining and trying to illegally obtain ID's Pt 1

part 2
    YouTube - Lansing Ponderosa Encounter - Raw footage Police detaining and trying to illegally obtain ID's Pt 2

Quote Originally Posted by MONTANA View Post
    The open carry movement is so new that there has not been enough data collected to confirm or deny that claim. I personally believe that open carry could move one from deterrent to identified primary target, depending on the type of bad guy initiating the contact. If open carry were a deterrent, wouldn't being a police officer be one of the safest occupations, yet there have been numerous episodes of them being killed after walking in on a crime in progress. A perpetrator is unable to tell a citizen who open carries from an off-duty police officer. My prediction and I hope I am wrong, is that if the open carry movement advances, we will see an increased number of fatalities of those individuals just as a result of them stumbling in on crimes in progress.
    There are several reports of OC preventing crime, what criminal wants to go up against someone of equal strength? The reason they have a knife or a gun in the first place is because they are lazy and want the upper edge.

Your question about cops being the safest job no, it's not about that they OC their firearm it his a hate towards their job, enforcing the laws that the criminal is breaking, their bad rep of attempting to be above the law and those bad eggs that beat the life out of people just for the way they talk to a cop.

Most stories that I have read most off duty leo's CC rather than OC. The OC movement has increased alot in the last year that I have been involved and I have yet to hear of any fatalities due to a person OCing just walking in on a crime.

It appears they were looking for a confrontation.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast