Open Carry, and where it gets rediculas. - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Carry, and where it gets rediculas.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by oldbanjo View Post
    ..................... Antagonizing the Police is not the way to help this cause, The Police that I have been around support Carrying for SD, this will change if the Police don't fell safe. And don't think the Law's won't be changed. Everyone will loose.
    AGREED

Most LEOs I know are supportive of OC and CC when excersized responsibly. If things start to appear questionable, dangerous or threatening, they have an obligation to look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by emt232004 View Post
    Why would someone want to carry a long gun? Look back to the heavily armored Bank of America gunners that could have been taken out easier with a long arm.
    Umm - Last I knew, at least where I live in the State of Michigan, "heavily armored bank robbers are to be delt with by LEO not some guy eating at Ponderosa!
    AL
    Proverbs 25:28 - A man without self control is like a city broken into and left without walls.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyNAndover View Post
    That's true in Kansas as far as Concealed Carry.. The law is written so that city's cannot prohibit CC. But they can prohibit OC.
    Our state is across the board anything pertaining to firearms,ammo and so on.. Only the state has the power to pass laws restricting CC,OC or ownership etc.. The only thing the state allows city's/town's to do is set zoning laws as to where a gun store can be.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by asaling View Post
    Umm - Last I knew, at least where I live in the State of Michigan, "heavily armored bank robbers are to be delt with by LEO not some guy eating at Ponderosa!
    LOL They carry long guns for the LOOK AT ME FACTOR nothing more and nothing less. We have a guy who is a member of the FSP(Free State Project) who loads up with two-three handguns then feels the need to add a Ar-15 at his side and a claymore sword on his back(Talking braveheart size claymore). Then walks around with all that and a video camera.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbanjo View Post
    I was brought up around Guns (I'm 65) and everyone I knew carried a S&W Snub Nose when traveling, So believe me I am in support of people being able to carry a Gun for self defense. If I was in a Restaurant in the USA and someone was allowed to enter with a M4, I personally would fill unsafe and would not take my Family there. OC has a place, that's not the place, not in the USA. I've been eating in Israel and had people walk in with, cut off blue jeans and "T" shirt, while carrying a Machine Gun. This wasn't good on my digestive system, I had no idea whose side they were on. I understand that this is necessary in Israel, but not in the USA, thing are not that bad yet, hopefully it never will be. Antagonizing the Police is not the way to help this cause, The Police that I have been around support Carrying for SD, this will change if the Police don't fell safe. And don't think the Law's won't be changed. Everyone will loose.

Those who are open carrying in the videos are in no way antagonizing the police, they asked to leave several times and the police illegally detained them for no reason. The police are the ones doing the antagonizing and do not know the laws reguarding open carry that they are swarn in to protect. When you inform them of this they no longer have the upper hand and feel weak and need to come up with another way to get back on top of the situation. I don't carry to make a point or get attention I carry because I see the reality of things as they are today, people are getting robbed and shot while getting gas or while parking for no other reason that being in the wrong spot at the wrong time. There is also several listings of where oc has detoured would be theifts.

All these anti gun people scream "not around the children" well what better reason to carry than to protect yourself and family?

That's where the whole question gets sticky for me. I wish I was smart enough to give a clear answer. I don't like restrictive laws, and regulation should be used sparingly. Unfortunately (in my humble opinion) these guys with their OC protests tend to draw negative attention. My fear is that they will prompt more restrictive legislation. 2A is like 1A. Do we have a right to be protected from hate speech? Then you have to define hate speech... My mind is way too simple to be able to solve this. But I do think with 1A and 2A, one should exercise their rights responsibly and respectfully. Yet these measures are very subjective. See, it just goes in circles :-). I guess I'm hoping for someone smarter than me to give an answer ahah...

& what guys would that be with their OC protests? This is nothing more than a simple legal dinner while ocing. How else would you educate the public other than lawful public display of those ocing legally and nothing happens that they have nothing to fear. That not everyone with a guy is a cop or bad guy, nor is it the wild west with everyone just whipping guns out at one another to solve their problems or have duals on main street on high noon.

What is more responsible and respectfull than lawful legal open carry to prove the anti's wrong?

AGREED

Most LEOs I know are supportive of OC and CC when excersized responsibly. If things start to appear questionable, dangerous or threatening, they have an obligation to look into it.
    What appeared questionable, dangerous or threatening in a legal lawful open carry dinner where they needed that many cops when everything was legit?

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    LOL They carry long guns for the LOOK AT ME FACTOR nothing more and nothing less.
    How did open carry of a pistol start to become accepted and gain attention that there is nothing to worry about those who follow the laws while doing so? By people going out and doing so while informing those around them.

I did not see the guy in this video with the long arm jumping around saying look at me, he was going about things like everyone else. I did not see anything to cause alarm or alter an alert status.
    Last edited by emt232004; 01-04-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: .

& what guys would that be with their OC protests? This is nothing more than a simple legal dinner while ocing. How else would you educate the public other than lawful public display of those ocing legally and nothing happens that they have nothing to fear. That not everyone with a guy is a cop or bad guy, nor is it the wild west with everyone just whipping guns out at one another to solve their problems or have duals on main street on high noon.

What is more responsible and respectfull than lawful legal open carry to prove the anti's wrong?
    That's just the problem! It was not just a normal dinner while OCing! I don't know about you but when I open carry I don't walk around with a video camera hoping that something happens so I can play the GOT YOU GAME on YOUTUBE! OCing a Ar-15 on your back has no point other then for the LOOK AT ME I'M SO COOL! Their are two kinds of OCer (A) the person who can not get a CWP and can only carry his/her firearm legally OC style. (B) The attention seeking douchebag who runs around town looking/hoping/praying for something to happen so he can play who knows the law better with the police. Bottom line the video in the OP the manager states "HE DOES NOT WANT THEM THERE"!!!!!! I have no problem with OC I have a Problem with people who fall into category (B).

How did open carry of a pistol start to become accepted and gain attention that there is nothing to worry about those who follow the laws while doing so? By people going out and doing so while informing those around them.

I did not see the guy in this video with the long arm jumping around saying look at me, he was going about things like everyone else. I did not see anything to cause alarm or alter an alert status.
    FYI it has always been accepted, the laws have always been on the books in states that allow OC. You are right, the attention seeking crowd did HIJACK OC! As such some states are thinking about passing laws that ban OC. Cities/Towns that have had laws allowing OC/had no laws allowing/disallowing it. Are now passing codes that repeal laws already on the books and make it illegal to OC. Or they are passing new laws to make it illegal. It's not my job as a gun owner to educate the sheep all they need to know is it's legal and it's OUR THE PEOPLES RIGHT! Sick of hearing "How are they going to get educated that it's legal" "It's our job to teach them and expose them to this". It maybe your job but it's not my job last time I check I do not receive a pay check from the NRA or my STATE/TOWN for firearm law education. You don't like that I'm OC/CC/ the fact I own firearms well then in the words of Porky the Pig "PPPISS OFF!!" My only job is to inform the responding officer that my actions are legal.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast