Open Carry, and where it gets rediculas. - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 115

Thread: Open Carry, and where it gets rediculas.

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    475
    You all are quick to bad mouth them for excessing their 2nd amendment. Due to why do you need a M4? Yet let the Anti-gun grabbers ask you why do you need a gun? You come out with lots of reasons that for some reason do not work for a law abiding citizen who decides that a M4 would best serve him.

    Because I am ignorant when it comes to your way of thinking please explain why the reasons you give would not work for the person carrying the M4.

  2.   
  3. #72
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    756
    Im not saying he shouldnt express his rights to carry at all. I am saying, there is no need to openly carry an m4 legal or not, why go to ponderosa with a carbine? a pistol on the hip is one thing, and believe me I openly carry once in a while, but no need for the m4, I myself would feel uncomfortable with someone carrying a carbine around with them. He is just out for the "look at me" factor, hes ASKING for an LEO encounter, hence the camera.
    I use the m4 all the time, trust me, and I know someone reaching for a pistol [BG] is 5xs more likely to shoot you, if not kill you, before you could swing that carbine around, acquire your target, and fire it. Chances are as well, youre going to "stove pipe" or jam. Im sure that guy knows nothing about performing "SPORTS"
    Slap, Pull, Observe, Release, Tap, Squeeze chances are hes going to hurt someone else with the M4 rather than whom its ment for.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

  4. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    About one thing you are correct...there is really no obviously illegal weapon so my exception was not needed.

    As far as the other, your (and some others' here) assumption regarding the "motive" of OCers is the epitome of arrogance combined with ignorance.
    Wow, So sick of saying this over and over again. Just because we stand up and voice that we cant stand the attention seeking douchebags. Yourself and other ignorant morons think we are against OC as a whole. My self and others HAVE STATED over and over again that not all people fall into category (B). Some people do oc in their daily lives as a means to defend them self's. As others have stated those people do not feel the need to walk around with video/audio recoding devices because they are not out baiting the police. If you cant stand my opinion then to damn bad DON'T READ MY COMMENTS.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  5. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Im not saying he shouldnt express his rights to carry at all. I am saying, there is no need to openly carry an m4 legal or not, why go to ponderosa with a carbine? a pistol on the hip is one thing, and believe me I openly carry once in a while, but no need for the m4, I myself would feel uncomfortable with someone carrying a carbine around with them. He is just out for the "look at me" factor, hes ASKING for an LEO encounter, hence the camera.
    I use the m4 all the time, trust me, and I know someone reaching for a pistol [BG] is 5xs more likely to shoot you, if not kill you, before you could swing that carbine around, acquire your target, and fire it. Chances are as well, youre going to "stove pipe" or jam. Im sure that guy knows nothing about performing "SPORTS"
    Slap, Pull, Observe, Release, Tap, Squeeze chances are hes going to hurt someone else with the M4 rather than whom its ment for.
    Well said +10

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  6. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    You all are quick to bad mouth them for excessing their 2nd amendment. Due to why do you need a M4? Yet let the Anti-gun grabbers ask you why do you need a gun? You come out with lots of reasons that for some reason do not work for a law abiding citizen who decides that a M4 would best serve him.

    Because I am ignorant when it comes to your way of thinking please explain why the reasons you give would not work for the person carrying the M4.
    I think your little Freudian slip there made the point. ahah Sorry, couldn't help myself. Look, speaking for myself, I'm not trying to bad mouth anyone. I do offer an opinion. The first amendment gives me the right to stand on any street corner, or outside any restaurant for that matter and call people names. I am just of the opinion it's not good judgment. BUT, I know of groups who feel otherwise, and exercise (I believe this is the word you intended to use) their free speech and put out what I see as vial crap. I've not stood in the way of that. But I have said it's poor judgment..

  7. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    Just a few points...

    Does the fact that "you" are "comfortable" with CC and prefer that mean everyone must be? Why? What makes your comfort zone more important or relevant than another's? I find it interesting that many CCers wish to force others to conceal, but I have yet to see an OCer who wishes to force everyone to carry openly.

    Also...as a retired LEO, I must question the attitude that a police officer is responsible for (or even justified in) ascertaining whether someone might commit a crime in the future. The aparently legal carrying of a firearm is not RAS that a crime might be imminent...regardless of what the firearm might be (unless, of course, it is an obviously illegal weapon).
    Lets be clear... I've NEVER spoken against OC, nor come close to suggesting everyone should CC..

    I am very curious about your second paragraph. Are you saying that as a LEO, you would not, or would not want to, respond to report of someone with an m4? Even in the videos that kicked off this whole thread, what you "must question" is what happened...

  8. #77
    A rifle is usually seen as an offensive weapon, not a defensive one, like a handgun. We all know that's not true, but that's what John and Jane Q. Public think. When they see a "black, military-looking rifle", it's usually being wielded by a killer, maniac or SWAT Team and they can see you're not a SWAT Team member, and they react accordingly...Just sayin'...
    Daily carry: Sig P239 or S&W 3913
    High Noon Horsehide holster
    Black Talon ammo

  9. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Im not saying he shouldnt express his rights to carry at all. I am saying, there is no need to openly carry an m4 legal or not, why go to ponderosa with a carbine? a pistol on the hip is one thing, and believe me I openly carry once in a while, but no need for the m4, I myself would feel uncomfortable with someone carrying a carbine around with them. He is just out for the "look at me" factor, hes ASKING for an LEO encounter, hence the camera.
    I use the m4 all the time, trust me, and I know someone reaching for a pistol [BG] is 5xs more likely to shoot you, if not kill you, before you could swing that carbine around, acquire your target, and fire it. Chances are as well, youre going to "stove pipe" or jam. Im sure that guy knows nothing about performing "SPORTS"
    Slap, Pull, Observe, Release, Tap, Squeeze chances are hes going to hurt someone else with the M4 rather than whom its ment for.
    Good point. For show/second amendment rights/etc, it's a nice idea, but it does draw both kinds of attention, usually to the extreme. But for practicality, like you said, it would be a lot harder and cumbersome to be in a booth eating, get it off your back and be anywhere close to a firing position before Mr. BG has done his dirtywork. Bigger isn't always better, at least depending on the setting and situation.

  10. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Manchester State Forest, SC
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by azasadny View Post
    A rifle is usually seen as an offensive weapon, not a defensive one, like a handgun. We all know that's not true, but that's what John and Jane Q. Public think. When they see a "black, military-looking rifle", it's usually being wielded by a killer, maniac or SWAT Team and they can see you're not a SWAT Team member, and they react accordingly...Just sayin'...
    Which is precisely the point of slinging an AK over your shoulder and going out for a quiet meal with friends and family. To show John and Jane the your scary rifle is no more dangerous than a fork or knife in the hands of a responsible citizen.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

  11. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    Which is precisely the point of slinging an AK over your shoulder and going out for a quiet meal with friends and family. To show John and Jane the your scary rifle is no more dangerous than a fork or knife in the hands of a responsible citizen.
    John Q public has a hard enough time dealing with OC of handguns we don't need this "SHOCK and AW" campaign. Let them get use to seeing handguns and then work up to long guns. I speak first had that mixing both makes the law makers pass laws keeping you from carrying any firearms at all. It was because of people OC handguns inside the state house and long guns outside the state house. That made the lawmakers being back the gun ban at the start complex. People from the "FSP" showed up and started yelling at law makers while OC. That inturn made them feel unsafe making them bring back the ban. This whole "I'll do what ever I want to becasue it's legal" is just how things BECOME ILLEGAL!

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast