Open Carry, and where it gets rediculas. - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 115

Thread: Open Carry, and where it gets rediculas.

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Manchester State Forest, SC
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    John Q public has a hard enough time dealing with OC of handguns we don't need this "SHOCK and AW" campaign. Let them get use to seeing handguns and then work up to long guns. I speak first had that mixing both makes the law makers pass laws keeping you from carrying any firearms at all. It was because of people OC handguns inside the state house and long guns outside the state house. That made the lawmakers being back the gun ban at the start complex. People from the "FSP" showed up and started yelling at law makers while OC. That inturn made them feel unsafe making them bring back the ban. This whole "I'll do what ever I want to becasue it's legal" is just how things BECOME ILLEGAL!
    I don't recall saying anything about slinging up an AK and going out to yell at anyone. Comparing the (sometime) circus known as the Free State Project to what I'm talking about is comparing apples to oranges.

    Didn't New Hampshire just this week pass a law allowing open carry in government buildings (I'm not familiar with the detail). It sounds like the law is moving in the right direction to me.

    Why are you so afraid of inanimate objects in the hands of law abiding citizens?
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

  2.   
  3. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    I don't recall saying anything about slinging up an AK and going out to yell at anyone. Comparing the (sometime) circus known as the Free State Project to what I'm talking about is comparing apples to oranges.

    Didn't New Hampshire just this week pass a law allowing open carry in government buildings (I'm not familiar with the detail). It sounds like the law is moving in the right direction to me.

    Why are you so afraid of inanimate objects in the hands of law abiding citizens?
    LOL, Please! The iceing on the cake was the yelling episode. It had been building for a while due to them OC outside the state house and inside it.That's just it half of the morons in our state who OC are not law abiding! They have long rap sheets for drugs and other things.Just no felonies. I have no problem with OC if I feel your actions place me or my loved ones in harms way I will take you out plan and smiple.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  4. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    As others have stated those people do not feel the need to walk around with video/audio recoding devices because they are not out baiting the police. If you cant stand my opinion then to damn bad DON'T READ MY COMMENTS.
    Do inform me of how covering your ass with a video/audio device is baiting police?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkfish View Post
    These folks were smart enough to be in a group with video capability at their disposal. That makes it much more difficult for a LEO to claim that a crime occurred (even disorderly conduct or obstruction) when there are that many witnesses and video.

    Remember rule #1 with LEOs: Say absolutely NOTHING, use your 5th Amendment rights. Everything you say will be used against you in a court of law, even if it's for a completely unrelated case. Nothing that a LEO tells you is admissable in court, it's deemed hearsay...unless you have it on video or audio. (this is the most important) The US Supreme Court ruled that it's perfectly acceptable for a LEO to lie to you so they can obtain evidence (note that this constitutes moral turpitude which is a disqualifying critera for LEO positions if there's evidence illustrating or convicting you of such).
    If they would not have been taking video of this event who knows what may have become of it of even if the leo's would have been so calm and held back.
    Once again I don't see how this or OC is baiting.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Since you keep failing to understand why people walk around with video cameras so that they can document the misuse of force by the police officers that show up. Why do Police officers walk around with video cameras to document that they had reason to shoot the suspect.

    As for OCing why is it you are against citizens right to OC? Yet have no complaints about police OCing. It might just be me but I am afraid of police officers with guns due to the actions they take and hardly ever get charged against them. Look at the video that was posted that officer threated the man that was OCing all because he left his house with out calling 911 to report he would be excessing his second amendment that day.

    The video camera is not for BG attackers but the boys in blue that show up. for if you don't have video documentation of the events that took place you are more then likely ending up in jail under false charges. If you watch the video clips you will see that the officers attitude changes when their is a video camera present that is not owned by the police force.

    So while you feel safe with your hand gun the guy in the video feels safe with a M4. And what do most of us tell someone when they ask what gun to get. Chose the one that feels the best and that you can shoot well.So this guy chose the m4.
    I won't say it again but I agree with kasper and dorkfish since they say it well

  5. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    That's just it half of the morons in our state who OC are not law abiding! They have long rap sheets for drugs and other things.Just no felonies. I have no problem with OC if I feel your actions place me or my loved ones in harms way I will take you out plan and smiple.
    You keep saying that you are for oc, but reading all your post are speaking louder making it seem like you are anti oc and that half of all those who carry are "morons" & the other half are just doing so to bait leo's, half of which carry video/audio recorders to
    Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    play the GOT YOU GAME on YOUTUBE!
    .

  6. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by emt232004 View Post
    You keep saying that you are for oc, but reading all your post are speaking louder making it seem like you are anti oc and that half of all those who carry are "morons" & the other half are just doing so to bait leo's, half of which carry video/audio recorders to .
    Nope sorry try reading the post again. The morons are the ones who bait police. Look at the video in the OP! From all the inforamtion we know that they had been cleared to hold their OC event. Then you get the guy with the M4 who was pushing it to a whole new level. As such their whole approved event did not take place. Better yet you get people who not only walk around with a recording devise but a police scanner. As for being anti OC I'm not at all. Kinda hard to be anti about something when you do it yourself.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  7. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyNAndover View Post
    Lets be clear... I've NEVER spoken against OC, nor come close to suggesting everyone should CC..

    I am very curious about your second paragraph. Are you saying that as a LEO, you would not, or would not want to, respond to report of someone with an m4? Even in the videos that kicked off this whole thread, what you "must question" is what happened...
    In this instance, where the caller was apparently the shift manager of the restaurant (in spite of the fact that the owner had allegedly OK'd the meeting prior to it's occurance)...yes, I would have responded if the manager stated they were uncomfortable asking the patron to leave. I would approach the patron and explain to him that the manager was uncomfortable and asked that they either secure the rifle in their car or leave the restaurant...this is within the rights of the manager as an agent of the owner.

    Had the caller been anyone else, I would ask if the person carrying the weapon was acting hostile, talking to himself or in any other way displaying worrisome behavior. If I received a positive answer, I would then respond to ascertain for myself the demeanor of the individual. With a negative answer, I would suggest that the person inform the manager that they were uncomfortable and let the manager determine whether they wished to ask for assistance, ask the rifle carrier to leave or whatever other action they might wish to take.

    Were I to observe it myself, I would most likely stop at the table and have a short, friendly and non-threatening conversation with the carrier to determine his demeanor. Absent any indicators of hostility or depression, I would leave him to go about his meal.

    Again...the mere carrying of an apparently legal weapon is not RAS that a crime is imminent and does not justify intrusive investigation.

  8. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Wow, So sick of saying this over and over again. Just because we stand up and voice that we cant stand the attention seeking douchebags. Yourself and other ignorant morons think we are against OC as a whole. My self and others HAVE STATED over and over again that not all people fall into category (B). Some people do oc in their daily lives as a means to defend them self's. As others have stated those people do not feel the need to walk around with video/audio recoding devices because they are not out baiting the police. If you cant stand my opinion then to damn bad DON'T READ MY COMMENTS.
    Now someone such as this particular little pissant with his attitude of barely repressed hostility would, in fact, warrant investigation if carrying a firearm...he is an incident looking for a place to happen.

    How about you get over yourself sonny boy and recognize that your way of doing things is not the only way...or lock up any guns you own before you get in trouble.

  9. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    LOL, Please! The iceing on the cake was the yelling episode. It had been building for a while due to them OC outside the state house and inside it.That's just it half of the morons in our state who OC are not law abiding! They have long rap sheets for drugs and other things.Just no felonies. I have no problem with OC if I feel your actions place me or my loved ones in harms way I will take you out plan and smiple.
    You could not have demonstrated my prior post any better...thank you.

  10. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    Now someone such as this particular little pissant with his attitude of barely repressed hostility would, in fact, warrant investigation if carrying a firearm...he is an incident looking for a place to happen.

    How about you get over yourself sonny boy and recognize that your way of doing things is not the only way...or lock up any guns you own before you get in trouble.
    LOL, Please. Don't get your underwear in bunch old man. Unlike you I'm not forcing my way on anyone else. People are well with in their rights to call police if they feel unsafe and they are well with in their rights to respond. I have stated my opinion as is my right under the 1st AMENDMENT! What is this MY WAY of doing things? do tell just what that is. As I have not stated what I do when I carry so you must be a mind reader. So please do tell mind reader just what my way is???

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  11. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dearborn Heights, MI
    Posts
    1
    The internet is a great place for people who know very little about a situation to boast about what they think they know.
    I know those involved in this "incident". The person carrying the AR is a United States Marine. So he knows how to handle an AR and himself. That was brought into question earlier.
    As far as the incident itself, no one was asked to leave until after the police came and created the disturbance. The shift manager call the non-emergency number to inquire if OC of a long gun was legal in MI, it is. The police showed up anyway. After the police showed up the manager decided it would be best if the OC’rs would leave. They were told that they could come back but leave the rifles at home or in your car (I believe this was posted earlier).

    So what was the result of this…nobody was arrested because NO crime was committed. The news in MI carried this story, even broadcasting the youtube video. Now lots of people around MI know that OC is legal. After this incident there has been no backlash from legislators trying to get rid of OC.
    In MI (if your smart) you carry some sort of recording device for CYA sake. In MI you are free to record what you want in public as there is NO expectation of privacy when you are in public.

    Remember, everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how wrong it is.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast