Open Carry, and where it gets rediculas.
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Carry, and where it gets rediculas.

Open Carry, and where it gets rediculas.

Im all for Open Carry in my state, [Michigan] I dont do it for attention, I do it because its my god given right to protect myself and others with me. I do see where its uncalled for when an LEO stops you for openly carrying a pistol, but when does it just turn into an attention getter? Watch this video, shot in Lansing Michigan. Several guys are just carrying pistols, but if you notice one guy carrying an M-4 no need to be honest, and I wasnt even sure it complied with OC laws in Michigan...No need to carry an m-4 in my opinion. But hey, if its your right, its your right I guess....Just looked like at least 1 was looking for trouble...

part 1
    YouTube - Lansing Ponderosa Encounter - Raw footage Police detaining and trying to illegally obtain ID's Pt 1

part 2
    YouTube - Lansing Ponderosa Encounter - Raw footage Police detaining and trying to illegally obtain ID's Pt 2
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

M4 might be a liitle much....

I live in an open carry state, and some city's in the state have ordinances prohibiting OC. But out in the rural areas (predominantly) OC is OK, and even respected my most LE, mostly Sheriff. Certainly I'm a huge proponent of OC, CC, and their foundation 2A. But I personally would not go walking around down town with an M4 slung over my back. And quite frankly, I give kudos to LE for inquiring, sorting things out, and letting everyone get on with their day (in this case). I don't expect my opinion to popular with everyone, but I prefer to just CC. It raises less questions, it's less provocative.

Sadly I see this kind of thing daily in my state. For the most part it's not done by New Hampshire natives it's done by this group called the "Free State Project". I would have to say most of the FSP open carry for the "look at me" factor. You see them with Ar.15's world war two long rifles and the list goes on. They claim to be fighting for peoples rights and that's why they do what they do. They use to do some good stuff but this last year they have just gone down hill fast. Now they are mixing open carry in with their 420 pot protests(they all light up a joint at 420 in a public park or other public place). They are also mixing OC with their drinking in public protests. I'm all for OC but when you have douchebags who do things like this or just strap on a firearm for attention I cant stand that!!!

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuyNAndover View Post
    I live in an open carry state, and some city's in the state have ordinances prohibiting OC. But out in the rural areas (predominantly) OC is OK, and even respected my most LE, mostly Sheriff. Certainly I'm a huge proponent of OC, CC, and their foundation 2A. But I personally would not go walking around down town with an M4 slung over my back. And quite frankly, I give kudos to LE for inquiring, sorting things out, and letting everyone get on with their day (in this case). I don't expect my opinion to popular with everyone, but I prefer to just CC. It raises less questions, it's less provocative.
    Our state is preemptive and as such only the state can set laws on firearms. Any and all city codes become voided when this law went into effect. So city's and towns have no say as to what places in town you can and cant carry in. Or even if you can carry in town at all.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

I saw these "mini movies" about 2 months ago. My first thought was what a bunch of attention Wh???'s.

Another case of the minority making it tougher on the majority.

Yes, I know the "have the right"... but come on, why would you really need to carry a AR into a Denny's or Ponderosa.
    AL
    Proverbs 25:28 - A man without self control is like a city broken into and left without walls.

Quote Originally Posted by asaling View Post
    I saw these "mini movies" about 2 months ago. My first thought was what a bunch of attention Wh???'s.

Yes, I know the "have the right"... but come on, why would you really need to carry a AR into a Denny's or Ponderosa.
    same reason I carry my gun for self defense.You never know when it will be need if you did know you would only need to carry it then and you would carry the best weapon to handle the situation.

That group on the Video aren't helping Gun owners, they are helping the Anti Gun people.

Quote Originally Posted by asaling View Post

You're right, I never thought of it that way.

"Dammit Rosa, you should have stayed on the back of that bus."

Quote Originally Posted by oldbanjo View Post
    That group on the Video aren't helping Gun owners, they are helping the Anti Gun people.
    Do you have any facts to support your statement, or is that just another opinion? And you know what they say about opinions.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

It's common sense, that will put a bad image in a lot of peoples minds.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbanjo View Post
    It's common sense, that will put a bad image in a lot of peoples minds.
    "Common sense." Isn't that the Brady Bunch's favorite phrase?
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast