Texas State Trooper - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas State Trooper

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I want to know why were going down this road again when we've got huge inform / don't inform thread going on now anyway
    And why didn't he just flash his CCW Badge?

3. It sounded to me like the trooper asked the passenger for his driver's license.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    It sounded to me like the trooper asked the passenger for his driver's license.
    Unless Texas has a stop and identify law he's only getting my name
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

JSDinTexas Guest
    As a courtesy to the officer ... TXDPS has CC info for Texas residents in the computer and know CC when they run you. Why risk making a police officer mad just because the law says ...?
    And I consider the encounter lucky as some DPS would have spent much more time at the scene pursuing their appointed duties.

6. Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    And I consider the encounter lucky as some DPS would have spent much more time at the scene pursuing their appointed duties.
    And what would those appointed duties be in this case?

Arrow Appointed Duties

Maybe he was appointed to discus the merits of carrying with a round in the chamber vs. carrying empty chamber.

I also would like to know the officer's justification for running (or even asking to see) the passenger's license...

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericanGreed View Post
    My wife was pulled over in chambers county in Texas for changing lanes without using her turning signal. I think it was mainly because we were driving a commercial rental car w/ LA plates on them. But anyway When he pulled us over he got out the vehicle came to my side and asked, " Do you know why I pullled ya'll over" and my wife didnt have the slightest clue until he he explianed, so he takes her liscense and mine to run them and about 4-5 minutes later returns red in the face and he looked infuriated. Thats when he asked me bluntly,"are you carrying". I said no I am not at the time. And he forcefully hands back the Id's and walks away.

So I guess because of the new law that passed for us is that if your not carrying your not required to show ID, I didnt intentionally do it, but the fact he was mad that I didnt through me for a loop. I guess I would be on my guard knowing I just encountered someone who was carrying and failed to mentioned it. What is he hiding or something. But I a good guy here, right?
    And THIS is why I inform EITHER way, carrying or not carrying.

The law needs to be consistent. Either we DO inform or we dont in both cases.
    Making a cop play a guessing game is the worst thing on earth we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTTAHERE View Post
    HOWEVER, as a matter of practice, I have no problem immediately informing a LE that I have a CC permit and that I am or am not currently in possession of a weapon. This should immediately identify one as a probable law abiding citizen and reduce the threat assessment by the officer if I am in possession.
    Well said.
    I agree that the OP did nothing wrong.
    However, that fact wont make much difference when hes being pistol whipped and handcuffed by some rogue cop with an attitude.
    Best just to go ahead and not try to play rambo with LEOs in the off chance that this one needs an anger management course.

JSDinTexas Guest
    Sorry, been gone for a while - the appointed duties are to make your life miserable and with any luck offer a ride to the station where we can relax, drink some coffee, hit the bathroom, and fill out some paperwork.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast