Police bullet close call

Thread: Police bullet close call

1. Police bullet close call

This incident happened Jan 12. It was the Las Vegas 1st officer involved shooting of 2011, and it just made the front page of the Review-Journal today.

The bullet was fired from a LEO just inches from the drivers window. It broke the glass,and deflected deep into his car door.

The driver was ticketed for obstructing, though he claims to have done nothing wrong and was not arrested.

There were three passengers with him, thankfully no one was hurt. Go to http://www.lvrj.com/search?keywords=...+Greer&x=7&y=9

Sorry, I'm a novice on this link stuff, this worked for me.
    Last edited by Rick327; 02-06-2011 at 03:37 AM. Reason: ad web address

OK...now what?

Where are the details of the story? As written,
    it leaves way too many questions!

Police Bullet not so close call

Here's one in Houston - a LEO trying to stop a car thief from driving away using his pistol to break the windows glass, the gun fired and killed the thief.

I don't feel that so bad for the BG, but that was just plain dumb on the officers part.

Main story here - Humble police officer fatally shoots suspected car burglar | Top stories | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Some commentary here:

Officer on leave: Humble officer on leave after killing car burglary suspect at mall | Top stories | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Experts weigh in: Police experts weigh in on Deerbrook Mall shooting | Top stories | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

6. All of the report has not yet been giveing out yet till lvmpd gives the report then we will know what wet down

For every job there is a tool, a gun is a tool but beating a window in with one is dumb.

More typical behavior from the LVMPD. Let me see if I get this right. Shoot at an innocent man who appears to be cooperating, search his car and apartment and look for any evidence that he may be guilty of something then release him and issue a ticket for obstructing a police officer. Issue to the press that the city will pick up the tap for the damages to his car. What is wrong with this picture?
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    For every job there is a tool, a gun is a tool but beating a window in with one is dumb.
    I agree with that one. A gun was made to launch a bullet, not drive a nail. Well, I suppose if your a good enough shot you could drive a nail with one!

Quote Originally Posted by homershoots View Post
    Its a good thing this guy wasn't at Costco.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain