LEO May Need Help?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEO May Need Help?

Red face LEO May Need Help?

Scenario:

Your driving home from work, you see a couple LEOs chasing after a person, theyre falling behind in their foot chase, you happen to be just a little ahead of the person in your vehicle.
    What do you do?

A.) Pull your car infront of the person and order them to the ground at Gun Point.
    B.) Pull your car infront of the person, and order them to the ground with no weapon drawn.
    C.) Ignore the person running from the Police and go about your business
    D.) -Enter your text here-

Second Scenario:

You happen to be comming home from the store and are on the expressway [or local road] you see a police cruiser on the side of the road, and what apprears to be an LEO laying on the ground getting beaten by several men.
    No other sirens are heard, youre unsure if other LEOs are on the way.

What do you do?

A.) Pull over and start attacking the criminals
    B.) Pull over and draw your weapon and order the men to the ground
    C.) Pull over and observe [ie called 911 already and inform them of the situation]
    D.) Continue to drive home with 911 on the phone

Some scenarios I thought of today while watching "Street Patrol" and "Cops"
    Ive seen similar situations on my way home from work. I work as an armed security officer, carry exactly the same stuff LEOs carry [minus the stun gun], and I have assisted in two arrests where an officer was alone with one or more individuals. Things went well, except one or more of the people were being a little combative.
    Help was appreciated, hands were shaken and I went about my way....
    What would you do?
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Scenario 1, I keep driving home. Its not that often that a BG gets away on a foot chase these days. If there are no dogs or helicopters then it is probably some dirtbag that doesnt want to get caught with his weed, not worth me getting involved as it is not my job to be a LEO.

Scenario 2, im jumping out of my car with weapon drawn as fast as I possibly can and firing on them if needed. I know LEOs dont sit well in the public eye anymore, but I still respect (most) of them. I would do this even if it wasnt a cop. I dont care if its a drug dealer down there, nobody should get jumped like that, its just brutal and cowardly.

Anyways thats my .02! Not my job to assist with LEOs unless they request, but I wont drive by and not help a downed officer EVER!

I'd go buy a lottery ticket becauase the odds of either happening are about a million to one.

Be sure to flash your CCW badge as you jump out of the car
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Noted and thread tagged.

This is a situation where one of those neck chain CCW Badge holder thingies might come in handy because it looks both "tactical" and gangsta.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Scenario:

Your driving home from work, you see a couple LEOs chasing after a person, theyre falling behind in their foot chase, you happen to be just a little ahead of the person in your vehicle.
    What do you do?

A.) Pull your car infront of the person and order them to the ground at Gun Point.
    B.) Pull your car infront of the person, and order them to the ground with no weapon drawn.
    C.) Ignore the person running from the Police and go about your business
    D.) -Enter your text here-

Second Scenario:

You happen to be comming home from the store and are on the expressway [or local road] you see a police cruiser on the side of the road, and what apprears to be an LEO laying on the ground getting beaten by several men.
    No other sirens are heard, youre unsure if other LEOs are on the way.

What do you do?

A.) Pull over and start attacking the criminals
    B.) Pull over and draw your weapon and order the men to the ground
    C.) Pull over and observe [ie called 911 already and inform them of the situation]
    D.) Continue to drive home with 911 on the phone

Some scenarios I thought of today while watching "Street Patrol" and "Cops"
    Ive seen similar situations on my way home from work. I work as an armed security officer, carry exactly the same stuff LEOs carry [minus the stun gun], and I have assisted in two arrests where an officer was alone with one or more individuals. Things went well, except one or more of the people were being a little combative.
    Help was appreciated, hands were shaken and I went about my way....
    What would you do?
    I would pull over and yell "Now you know how Rodney King felt." Then I would film it and sell it to all the news outlets. Become rich and famous at the same time lol, I would then milk all the interviews that followed.

In all seriousness if you did shoot at the men attacking the LEO and missed and hit the cop, your life would be over. Police have been beating, shooting, tasering citizens for years, I would look at like poetic justice. If you removed your firearm from the holster 80-1 says you would be shot by responding police officers. Unless you happend to have your CCW badge on a gold chain, then you could yell "King Kongs got nothing on me" (what flim is that from lol) as you charge in guns a blazing.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FLhunter3 View Post
    Scenario 1, I keep driving home. Its not that often that a BG gets away on a foot chase these days. If there are no dogs or helicopters then it is probably some dirtbag that doesnt want to get caught with his weed, not worth me getting involved as it is not my job to be a LEO.

Scenario 2, im jumping out of my car with weapon drawn as fast as I possibly can and firing on them if needed. I know LEOs dont sit well in the public eye anymore, but I still respect (most) of them. I would do this even if it wasnt a cop. I dont care if its a drug dealer down there, nobody should get jumped like that, its just brutal and cowardly.

Anyways thats my .02! Not my job to assist with LEOs unless they request, but I wont drive by and not help a downed officer EVER!
    Im with ya on this
    -Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I'd go buy a lottery ticket becauase the odds of either happening are about a million to one.

No need to flash the CCW badge, "Paul Blart" is an armed security officer, so would have the tin on his chest. Now if Paul is off-duty, then the CCW badge may be needed.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Be sure you have the appropriate sheep dog background music playing on your 8 track
    YouTube - Legolas- I Need A Hero
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Talking Sheepdogs

My thanks go out to NavyLT for explaining the sheepdog concept in a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    No need to flash the CCW badge, "Paul Blart" is an armed security officer, so would have the tin on his chest. Now if Paul is off-duty, then the CCW badge may be needed.

gf
    HAHAHAHA That is hilarious

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast