FW,IN officer cleared in shooting of idiot. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FW,IN officer cleared in shooting of idiot.

Every one of those authentic-looking AirSoft pistols I've seen had the first inch or so of the barrel painted fluorescent red. Wouldn't that have been a pretty obvious tip-off to the cops before they used deadly force? I mean, blue-colored guns denote inert training devices and red-banded barrels bespeak imitation...police academy 101. The prosecutor might have declined to pursue criminal charges but I wouldn't want to bet much on them getting similar treatment in civil court. These guys could end up bankrupt just trying to defend themselves depending on how much personal and work-related liability coverage they have available. OTOH, I don't live in Indiana so I'm not tuned in to how the general public (juror pool) views the police in that state. If generally sympathetic, might not be much of an issue in civil court either although my guess would be NE Indiana is largely made up of blue collar workers (GM truck division, Verizon, etc) who normally aren't overly cop friendly.

3X PM

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Every one of those authentic-looking AirSoft pistols I've seen had the first inch or so of the barrel painted fluorescent red. Wouldn't that have been a pretty obvious tip-off to the cops before they used deadly force? I mean, blue-colored guns denote inert training devices and red-banded barrels bespeak imitation...police academy 101. The prosecutor might have declined to pursue criminal charges but I wouldn't want to bet much on them getting similar treatment in civil court. These guys could end up bankrupt just trying to defend themselves depending on how much personal and work-related liability coverage they have available. OTOH, I don't live in Indiana so I'm not tuned in to how the general public (juror pool) views the police in that state. If generally sympathetic, might not be much of an issue in civil court either although my guess would be NE Indiana is largely made up of blue collar workers (GM truck division, Verizon, etc) who normally aren't overly cop friendly.
    You mean like this one? Yes it is a real AK-47 pistol carried someone and a long story surrounding it. An orange tip does not guarantee that it is a toy and to assume that it is can lead to death.

Depends of if they have protection from civil liability in a SD case. If so and the prosecutor didn't pursue charges, then no civil case allowed.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    ...An orange tip does not guarantee that it is a toy and to assume that it is can lead to death.
    True enough. Being a cop can be hazardous to your health.

3X PM

Exclamation "Tactical" Warning

True enough. Being a cop can be hazardous to your health.
    Pointing an object the would reasonably be assumed to be a firearm at a Police officer can be fatal. And it isn't very "tactical" either.

handgonnetoter Guest
    I live in NE Indiana, and as far as I can tell the police around here have a pretty good reputation. Now, don't get me wrong, you can go to the South side of town and they are mostly hated, but that is also where most of the crime it at as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123