FW,IN officer cleared in shooting of idiot.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FW,IN officer cleared in shooting of idiot.

FW,IN officer cleared in shooting of idiot.

Fort Wayne Cop's Actions Justified

The Allen County Prosecutor's office says a Fort Wayne police officer's actions were justified when he shot and killed a man in December 2010. Yahree Cavin was killed when he ignored commands to put his weapon down. Cavins fiance and four month old baby were home at the time of the shooting, but they were not injured.
    To refresh everyone's memory, back around Christmas, there was construction near Cavin's apartment block and he didn't like that, so he took a realistic airsoft handgun out to "talk" with the construction workers thinking he could "persuade" them to stop making noise/working. The workers fled from the "gun" waving maniac and called the cops. When the FWPD showed up, they directed them to the apartment block Cavin had returned to.

In short order, the officers were directed to the Cavins' apartment and were knocking on the correct door. Yahtree, the idiot of the subject line, answered the door still wielding the airsoft handgun of the phoned in reports. With his wife behind him holding their infant and the police officers in front of him drawing down on him, ordering him to simply "Drop the gun!", Yahtree refused that order multiple times before he began raising the forearm which held the "gun".

At this point, the FWPD officers fired multiple times, killing Yahtree at the scene.

This news is to indicate that the officers involved have been cleared of all criminal charges.

It's unknown whether the widow Cavin is likely to sue the officers and/or the department for civil damages, sovereign immunity notwithstanding. If she does, I'd suggest the equally ludicrous and equally logical step of the FWPD suing her for having such poor taste in mates that she would wed and procreate with such a brain donor as Yahtree Cavin.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

You just don't understand do you? he was a good father, husband, son and person that was just looking out for the health of his baby. He had a toy gun that the police should have known could not hurt anyone and that even if Yahree had been holding a real gun he would have never hurt anyone and was just raising it up to scratch his forhead with it. These cops just murdered him in cold blood. You just don't get it do you? To tell you the truth I don't either and agree with you totally. We have enough idiots with guns already and though I do feel bad for his wife and son he brought it upon himself and his wife should have stopped him.

Glad the officers were cleared. I wonder what was going through his head when he refused to drop the gun and then raised it toward the officers?
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Glad the officers were cleared. I wonder what was going through his head when he refused to drop the gun and then raised it toward the officers?
    They were government agents there to get his "gun" so he was probably thinking "what part of 'shall not be infringed' don't you officers understand?"

"It's just and air soft gun officer."........

Some people have no brains what so ever. I say the LEO's did a good job on this one. As for her suing HA! I hope they laugh that out of the courtroom.

7. How's that saying go, "You can't fix stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    They were government agents there to get his "gun" so he was probably thinking "what part of 'shall not be infringed' don't you officers understand?"
    When two police officers are pointing their guns at you and telling you to put yours down it is not the right time to argue about your rights. He may have been right in fact he may have been dead right but it was the wrong time to discuss it. If you find yourself arse deep in water with alligators and water moccasins swimming all arround you it is very hard to remember that your first priority is to drain the swamp. It's all about the timing.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    When two police officers are pointing their guns at you and telling you to put yours down it is not the right time to argue about your rights. He may have been right in fact he may have been dead right but it was the wrong time to discuss it. If you find yourself arse deep in water with alligators and water moccasins swimming all arround you it is very hard to remember that your first priority is to drain the swamp. It's all about the timing.
    Hey, that was our very un-offical motto. Gators and I have an understanding. They don't mess with me, I don't smack their noses. Or eat them.

Looks like the gene pool got a dose of lead. Pointing anything that looks like a gun at a LEO is a good way to end up in a pine box.

10. Who the hell would name their little baby boy "YAHREE"?

11. Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I wonder what was going through his head when he refused to drop the gun and then raised it toward the officers?
    9mm
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast