Question about LE duties on firearm recovery - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Question about LE duties on firearm recovery

  1. #11
    Will do Joe, I don't mind sturring up the stink with this agency as I do not live in there jurisdiction any more, nor do I have to go through there jurisdiction at any time, unless on buisness and if I do I carry more power than they do.

    As for the seriel numbers I do have them as well and since I could not trust that agency I took them to another agency where I have pull and had them to enter them. From what I was told they did not appear to have been entered before.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    So you say the corrupt LEO's should just get a pass?
    If there's nothing you can do , there's nothing you can do. How do you suggest this guy gets past the Good Ol' Boy Club that's covering the cops that actually have his guns?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  4. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    If there's nothing you can do , there's nothing you can do. How do you suggest this guy gets past the Good Ol' Boy Club that's covering the cops that actually have his guns?
    You don't have to call the cops on the cops, you can call the FBI on the cops if they are engaged in misconduct.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    You don't have to call the cops on the cops, you can call the FBI on the cops if they are engaged in misconduct.
    How is that not callling the cops on the cops?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    How is that not callling the cops on the cops?
    Because they are the FBI.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Because they are the FBI.
    Which is simply another type of cop
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Elyria, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    10

    What State?

    Ohio has a law allowing recover of gun (or value?) and the cost of lawyer if necessary. In practice sometimes more then one request may be necessary; i.e. if fire arm was involved in shooting or law director feels gun(s) were not adaquately secured.

    None of us want stolen weapons in the hands of those that should not have them.

    If inquiry to States Attorney general does not not get resolution then your local sheriff office and personel need the FBI's attention.

  9. #18
    Passed this one on to my JAG buddies in the State Guard.

    Consensus:

    While many states have laws on the book stating that LEAs can return weapons, none have statutes stating that LEAs must return weapons. You must file legal action, which means that your lawyer buddy is about to make a lot of money and you still may or may not get your guns back.

    Consensus:

    Be nice to the LEA people and if , out of the kindness of their hearts, they decide to give your weapons back you must have receipts or bill of sales for each weapon you pick up to show legal ownership. It is possible you may get them back.

    However, they can just declare that your case is still open and claim to be keeping the weapons as evidence.

    Consensus:

    You are going to have to buy new guns!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast