Do NOT talk to the Police without a lawyer!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do NOT talk to the Police without a lawyer!!!

It appears from this ruling the officers were already on location with the presumption illegal activity was taking place, since no illegal activity takes place at my home the resonable response to a door being kicked in will be tactical in nature.

So are the video clips suggesting you NEVER talk to police during any incident, or only to stay quiet if you are under arrest or feel you will be placed under arrest?

For example, if you have shot an intruder, when the cops arrive, do you state that someone entered your home, your life was in danger, and you shot? Or do you clam up from the moment you see the police?

Listen to all of the video of James Duane again. All of it. The less said the better! Exercise your 5th amendment right then SHUT UP!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

If you don't break the law you won't have to worry about this? Sometimes talking is the best way to not get arrested, because if you don't talk you can't justify what you just did. If you're under arrest...then I'd lean towards not talking
    NRA Certified Instructor - FL CCW/CWP Classes
    http://www.GainesvilleFirearmsTraining.com

6. Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post

For example, if you have shot an intruder, when the cops arrive, do you state that someone entered your home, your life was in danger, and you shot? Or do you clam up from the moment you see the police?
    Per my instructor....
    1) I was in fear of my life, followed by
    2) I want a lawyer, followed by
    3) SHUT UP!!!
    An optimist, is someone that doesn't know all the facts!

7. Quote Originally Posted by amsgator View Post
    If you don't break the law you won't have to worry about this?
    Not true at all....

Just because you have nothing to hide is no guarantee they won't find something.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    So are the video clips suggesting you NEVER talk to police during any incident, or only to stay quiet if you are under arrest or feel you will be placed under arrest?

You say nothing more than you were attacked and were in fear for your life. You request the LEO allow you to consult with an attorney after which you will willingly come in and make a statement. LEO are usually allowed this same courtesy. If you are arrested shut up immediately. Not a single word other than a request for an attorney. RESIST THE URGE TO SPEAK. Talking while in an exited state in the aftermath of a defensive shooting could cause you to say something that could be used against you at a later time. Remember that the incident may go before a grand jury to decide if an indictment should be handed down. That grand jury may be comprised of people who don't like guns.

Also curb your responses while holding on with the 911 operator. Say abolutely nothing as you wait for the police to arrive.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

The Fifth Amendment was designed to protect the lawful from the LEO! Enjoy and use the right often!

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by amsgator View Post
    If you don't break the law you won't have to worry about this? Sometimes talking is the best way to not get arrested, because if you don't talk you can't justify what you just did. If you're under arrest...then I'd lean towards not talking

You need to actually watch the video, especially the part where he doccuments a few cases where the police coherced a confession of of an innocent person
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

When I worked as a federal prosecutor I was trained to get the suspect talking. Get him to talk about anything. Anything could be twisted and turned into evidence against the suspect. Just get him to say something.

We had an in-house rule: "if nothing in the file, then there won't be a trial...."

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast