Do NOT talk to the Police without a lawyer!!!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do NOT talk to the Police without a lawyer!!!

Do NOT talk to the Police without a lawyer!!!

NEVER TALK WITHOUT A LAWYER!!!
    I saw these on another gun forum, I started watching the 1st one and said...eh. Well i'm glad I spent the time to watch both. After this I can also say I will NEVER talk to the police If I'm involved in a shooting or ANY criminal matter no matter how stupid it is. NOT A WORD!!! The first video Is a lawyer going over many different situations, the second vid is of a cop confirming it all. Whats messed up is the lawyer says how juries only hear key items and WILL convict innocent people due to what they "added to the story" the lawyer tested them (and you watching the video) I can't sadly say I failed and did the same thing. There long....but watch them, you won't regret it.

Don't talk to cops part 1

Dont talk to cops part 2

You need to watch those videos again. He never said "Don't talk to the police w/out a lawyer" he said "Don't talk to the police" period

"Any lawyer worth his salt will tell the suspect in no uncertain terms to make no statement to police under any circumstances."
    U.S. Supreme Court Justice Robert Jackson
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    You need to watch those videos again. He never said "Don't talk to the police w/out a lawyer" he said "Don't talk to the police" period
    I'm gonna go ahead and call it the same thing. If your lawyers present he won't let you incriminate yourself.....unless he sucks. In that particular situation I'd only hire an lawyer that typically deals with firearms cases.
    Last edited by snatale42; 04-16-2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: added a little

There are a lot of sucky lawyers out there. You have the right to free speech, the right to keep and bear arms and the right to remain silent. Use them all.

These videos are EXCELLENT advice.

I read that on average, there are 6000 false felony convictions each year due to innocent people talking to police.

No point in having a lawyer if you are going to blab to law enforcement. The attorney is being paid by me so he can do whatever talking is needed.

-Doc
    Last edited by Bighouse Doc; 04-16-2011 at 08:36 PM. Reason: grammer

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and call it the same thing. If your lawyers present he won't let you incriminate yourself.....unless he sucks. In that particular situation I'd only hire an lawyer that typically deals with firearms cases.
    The reason I make the distinction is because Dr. Duane specifically states that you shouldn't make any statement unless or until the case goes to trial.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I have seen the video and everyone on this site needs to see it. It is accurate and shows how police BULLY people. Get a good lawyer a shut the %%$* up. You cannot be charged for being silent. You have the right to remain silent, EXERCISE IT!

I've practiced criminal law on both sides for more than 35 years. Never speak to a government official without an attorney present.

But that doesn't mean you should never speak to the police. A lot depends on timing and circumstances.

For example, the case of Anthony Capozzi is a good example. He was they guy who was wrongfully convicted and spent 22 years in jail for 3 rapes he didn't commit while the real rapists kept raping and murdering women.

But the wrongful conviction didn't result from Capozzi speaking to the police, it resulted from the 3 eyewitness who swore he was the person that raped them.

20 years after Capozzi's conviction, the real rapists raped and murder what turned out to be his last victim because he was caught shortly thereafter. - BUT BEFORE THE POLICE FIGURED OUT WHO WAS THE REAL KILLER THEY WERE FOCUSING ON THE VICTIMS HUSBAND, NAMING HIM AS A PERSON OF INTEREST!

In other words, the police were focusing a second person who had nothing to do with the murders.

Wisely his attorney had him take the 5th. That left the police with a dead end as to current evidence. So a detective started looking at similar cases and discovered a pattern that lead him back to the Capozzi rapes, during which the cousin of the real rapists had been question because his car had been seen near one of the crime scenes. The detective went back to the cousin and got him to admit that he had lied 20 years earlier, that in fact his uncle (who turned out to be the real rapists) had borrowed the car back then.

Had that husband not shut up the police would have found something in whatever he did say and would have continued trying to prove he was the murder of his wife. Capozzi would have never been exonerated, another innocent person might have ended up convicted, and the real rapist and murder would still be on the loose.

I find it interesting that some of the same people who say, "Don't talk to police" are the same people that say, "Just give the officer your ID when he asks for it because you have nothing to hide."
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I find it interesting that some of the same people who say, "Don't talk to police" are the same people that say, "Just give the officer your ID when he asks for it because you have nothing to hide."
    Wouldn't it be easier to just flash your CCW Badge?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast