Positive LEO encounter near Detroit Metro Airport on 4/21/2011...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Positive LEO encounter near Detroit Metro Airport on 4/21/2011...

Talking Positive LEO encounter near Detroit Metro Airport on 4/21/2011...

From my experience on 4/21/2011...

I was driving home last night from my week out of town (Okemos, MI to Wyandotte, MI) in my MazdaSpeed3 and I was stopped by a Romulus, MI cop in a black Camaro and I wanted to let you folks know how it turned out.

Very brief discourse...

Me: "Officer, I have a concealed pistol license and I'm carrying a pistol right now" Both of my hands hands were on top of the steering wheel and I also said "all of my info is in the glovebox, so I'll slowly get the papers out for you"

Officer: "Fine, I appreciate that"

Officer: "You were going 59mph on a 45mph zone"

The cop went back to the car, stayed there for about 5 minutes, then came back to my car, all this time, my hands were on top of the steering wheel where he could see them.

Officer: "Slow it down and have a good evening"

Me: "Thank you, officer"

Romulus, MI PD are not known for giving warnings and I'm sure appreciative that I got a warning, not a ticket yesterday! Maybe it was my Persian Gulf Veteran plate, I don't know... I'm very happy about not getting a ticket! The cope was brief but polite and didn't seem overly concerned that I had a pistol with me.
    Daily carry: Sig P239 or S&W 3913
    High Noon Horsehide holster
    Black Talon ammo

That's a refreshing personal experience story. It is always good to read about a positive Leo experience. I'll be the first to tell you that nobody in my neck of the woods will ever relate an experience as positive as yours... I think our Leo's work off a salary plus commission basis...
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

handgonnetoter Guest
    Well, sounds like you ran into a cop that does not have a problem with ego, etc. I like to hear those kinds of stories. Makes one feel that not all is lost.

Yep, I was very happy with the outcome and wish others had more of the same positive experiences...
    Daily carry: Sig P239 or S&W 3913
    High Noon Horsehide holster
    Black Talon ammo

heheheh the fact that the FBI and State Police are investigating them for corruption seems to have made them more polite!
    Michigan Open Carry Inc. Southwest Regional Coordinator.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    heheheh the fact that the FBI and State Police are investigating them for corruption seems to have made them more polite!
    Imagine that.

Cool story with a happy ending.

9. Thanks for the post. There are lots of good LEOS out there. Unfortunately there are some bad ones too.

Polite ain't brite- I don't know if I could ever lower myself to be a cop, but if I had the occupant of a vehicle state he was armed, my weapon would be stuck in his ear and the weapon would be graciously forthcoming into my possession- At that point I would be polite and alive~

"Guns don't kill people, a husband that comes home to find his wife in bed with someone else kills people"

Quote Originally Posted by BIGOTIST View Post
    Polite ain't brite- I don't know if I could ever lower myself to be a cop, but if I had the occupant of a vehicle state he was armed, my weapon would be stuck in his ear and the weapon would be graciously forthcoming into my possession- At that point I would be polite and alive~

"Guns don't kill people, a husband that comes home to find his wife in bed with someone else kills people"
    This is NOT how we expect "law enforcement" to treat "law-abiding" citizens. By 1) getting a concealed-carry license, and by 2) politely informing the LEO that we are licensed and carrying, we distinguish ourselves from BGs who would have done neither. LE has nothing to fear from a respectful, law-abiding good guy. The reverse should also apply.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast