General encounters with LEO... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: General encounters with LEO...

I've posted this before but it's still true

All these “Generic Bad experience W/ A Cop” threads would come to a screeching halt if we just followed some simple rules
    1. If you are pulled over by a cop, unless you are legally required to do so or you know (I.E. you are about to get patted down he's going to find your weapon do not inform the cop that you are armed (this assumes you are, of course, legally armed)
    2. Make the cop tell you why he pulled you over (I.E. Do you know why I pulled you over tonight Mr. Potential detainee? “No Officer I haven’t a clue please tell me.
    3. When he tells you why he pulled you over do not argue (I.E. Ok officer I’ll take my ticket now”) You can fight it in court later.
    4. Never ever, ever, ever consent to a search. Ever if they tell you they’ll get a warrant tell them to go for it.
    5. Under no circumstances answer questions or make a statement of any kind with out your lawyer present.
    6. A traffic stop’s a given, they pull you over your not free to go other than that as soon as they contact you ask. If they say you are free to go, go if they say you’re not ask for your lawyer and shut up.
    7. Never make small talk with a cop (I.E. ‘where are you coming from tonite Mr. Potential detainee?’ “ From conducting my lawful private business officer, am I free to go?”). Cops don’t make small talk.

Follow these simple rules every time you interact with a cop and we won’t have anymore of these threads I promise
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I think that if you are inclined to worry about such an enounter that you may give off the vibe that could give a LEO reason to be concerned due to your 'tell'.

I haven't been exposed while carrying around a LEO yet, but I would think that I should act as I do anytime I carry - normally. Be cool & you'll likely experience cool. You could encounter a jerk in the future who happens to be a LEO, but why worry about it until is happens? Just train for a possible bad encounter by learning your rights. Stay respectful, but remain confident.

Giving off a "vibe" or a "tell" does not give an officer probable cause for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Giving off a "vibe" or a "tell" does not give an officer probable cause for anything.
    But it is more likely to give the LEO the willies - & you don't want a willied LEO.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234