Anyone heard of these police and ccw banners? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Anyone heard of these police and ccw banners?

  1. #21
    JSDinTexas Guest
    I wore one and immediately got stopped by the cops - they said the banner was ok, but I needed to wear pants too.

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sandpoint, Idaho
    Posts
    1,315
    (Forehead slap)

  4. there are policeofficers every year who die by mistake. this might save them. it also lets the public know your a police officer.
    For a non-LEO not so good most citizens would not know what ccw stands for. the police might LOL. dealing with a LEO after a incident you should know there will be hard questions and hot minded people looking at your actions.

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger View Post
    there are policeofficers every year who die by mistake. this might save them. it also lets the public know your a police officer.
    For a non-LEO not so good most citizens would not know what ccw stands for. the police might LOL. dealing with a LEO after a incident you should know there will be hard questions and hot minded people looking at your actions.
    Maybe we need a LOL banner.

  6. #25
    I can not help but wonder ... if something like this is supposedly so insufferably stupid as some suggest how comes military, police etc all wear uniforms? Why do SWAT teams have those letters stenciled in big blocky letters on their vests? Why does security personnel don shirts saying SECURITY? Seems like they are all trying to do the same thing which is saying "don't shoot me I'm the good guy".

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    I can not help but wonder ... if something like this is supposedly so insufferably stupid as some suggest how comes military, police etc all wear uniforms? Why do SWAT teams have those letters stenciled in big blocky letters on their vests? Why does security personnel don shirts saying SECURITY? Seems like they are all trying to do the same thing which is saying "don't shoot me I'm the good guy".
    You have a valid point here, however, as the second poster said, there is nothing to stop the criminals from getting them too.... It is a tough descision to make, with valid points on both sides... I don't think the CCW badge is a good idea, for obvious reasons.. but this is different... It might help if they made one that said ( good guy)) and one that said (criminal ) you could force the perp. at gun point to put it on..LOL and if he's dead, just put it on him yourself......
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

  8. #27
    I guess in theory a BG could use this, too ... but they don't wait for the police to arrive anyway. Granted, it's useful in a narrow window of circumstances (if you are able to simply holster your weapon you should not need it). LOL, I like the idea of one labelled "I AM THE BAD GUY" ...

    Nah, I don't care for the badges either. That really just does scream wannabe cop.

  9. #28
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    623
    I know you've taken some jokes about such a device and been accused indirectly of spamming. Both are justified IMHO.

    The vast majority of CCW'ers do not associate their permit with anything else than the right to protect themselves. Wearing a badge, banner, lighted sign, etc. that says "CCW" does not make one special. It simply implies (to me) that the wearer just doesn't get it.

  10. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    Wearing a badge, banner, lighted sign, etc. that says "CCW" does not make one special. It simply implies (to me) that the wearer just doesn't get it.
    And to think I just wasted $2.50 at the local laundromat washing my CCW cape and tactical spandex pants.

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sandpoint, Idaho
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    And to think I just wasted $2.50 at the local laundromat washing my CCW cape and tactical spandex pants.
    They make tactical spandex?! Sweet!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast