OC confronted by police - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: OC confronted by police

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    The ban is still in legislature and has not been passed yet. I think it will be a good thing if they ban open carry. Given the "may issue" status of CCW permits in California, and the high denial rate in some counties, I think an open carry ban will strengthen Supreme Court cases against California and, hopefully, force them to allow a person who can lawfully possess a firearm to also be able to carry that firearm in some form or another.

We've had very good luck in the US Supreme Court on the "keep" portion of the 2nd Amendment. Now it's time to work on the "bear" portion of the 2nd Amendment, and in order to do that we need a state to ban all firearms carrying, or come close to it. My vote is for California or New York.

If it wasn't for the bans against keeping firearms in DC and Chicago, we wouldn't have the Heller and McDonald decisions. Of course we wouldn't have those decision without those "extremist" guys Heller or McDonald either.
    LOL, well fine you got me! Seeing as how it pasted the vote and is moving on to the next step, it's almost as good as pasted already.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

If it wasn't for the bans against keeping firearms in DC and Chicago, we wouldn't have the Heller and McDonald decisions. Of course we wouldn't have those decision without those "extremist" guys Heller or McDonald either.
    And if it wasn't for that "extremist" Rosa Parks all those black people would still be giving up their seats everytime too many white people got on the buses in Alabama.

I don't suppose there is any consensus on the "When and where must you identify yourself to a police officer?" question to add it to the state CCW info pages? I've looked for concrete info on this issue in Indiana law and cannot find it. I can't even find when or where a police officer has the authority to demand to see an authentic copy of my Indiana pink slip.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

5. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    And if it wasn't for that "extremist" Rosa Parks all those black people would still be giving up their seats everytime too many white people got on the buses in Alabama.
    I wonder how many black people told Rosa that she should just sit in the back of the bus and not "ask for trouble."
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    But you do have to stop and comply with a that firearm check by the officer to confirm the firearm is not loaded. Does not matter much now anyway, as I recall reading/watching your state legislators just passed a state wide ban on OC did they not?

California Penal Code 12031 (e), is it not??
    12031 (e) is being challenged as a violation of T4A, but yes they can (at this time) check to make sure it is unloaded. A 12031 (e) does not give reasonable probable cause to compel an ID check, so long as you are unloaded. The legislature is working hard to end UOC in California. At the same time, a lawsuit has started to restore loaded Open Carry in California. SCOUS has asked the state of Maryland why they think T2A only applies to the home (opening the possibility that they will put an end to states infringing on the second part of T2A).

US Supreme Court asks Maryland why 2nd Amendment applies only to one's home - Los Angeles LA | Examiner.com
    Why do I carry a gun? Well, because I can't carry a cop!
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.

Seems like the biggest issue in most of the discussions is "What State" are you in, all states have some minor differences in law that apply, when you post please post what State you are in, Laws in one state may very well be different from your state. In Texas Concealed is it, you only have to show the CCW license if you are carrying or have weapon (pistol) with you. The reason I show license for handgun to officer is when police stop, they can verify you have a CCW license via your drivers license, if I am not carrying which is never, I show both licenses. Peace, Love, Colt 45

I wonder how many black people told Rosa that she should just sit in the back of the bus and not "ask for trouble."
    Good question.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    In NH open carrying a firearm is not grounds enough for the police to stop someone. If stopped you do not have to show id,unless they have good cause to stop you(open carry is not that cause!)

Type in OC in youtube and see people in NH who are stopped for OC alone, they refuse to show it and the police let them go. Because they know they had no legal grounds to stop them.
    I love that! I'd have a hard time leaving California though.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Probably about the same number of people who said that Harvey Gant should not enroll at Clemson, or Shannon Faulkner at the Citadel.

11. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Feel free to. Would you like me to introduce you to him? He's the guy in the middle:

DUDE. BC1 GOT PWNED. I HAVENT SEEN PWNING LIKE THAT SINCE THE RICK ROLL CAN WE MAKE THIS INTO A MEME SOMEHOW?

On the actual topic, in the vast majority of states, if an LEO requests ID you must produce period. So thats 1 for the LEO. In my personal opinion as a CCW holder and long time every day OC'er: Honestly, this OC'er makes us look bad, and its kind of dumb. Represent that your brain functions, and you are in control of your weapon and yourself. The cop is pretty cool, he tries to do the bro thing. They are extremely patient. If I was a cop I wouldve been on TV for slapping the crap out of this guy. If you wanted to act like a big man of freedom and swing the flag around you shouldve done it when he asked to disarm you, offered your ID and permit if you have one instead with your hands visible. Not after hes disarmed you and can have his way with you regardless. Give the cops a break dude, some old lady called them on you. Show your ID, go about your business.

If this OC'er had a permit which im positive he does not, he would know it says on the permit you must present as requested by anyone in some states, and ive never seen a permit that does not at least state you must present to LEO's on request.

Personally I feel you should be able to tell the cops to eat it if they ask you to disarm for no reason. It is your right to carry, unless there is some extenuating circumstance, not including the conservative old bag in the bushes w. a cell phone. If they told me hey somebody just got shot 2 blocks from here disarm immediately, I would say sure and do you need any help with that. Honestly the way alot of the boys carry themselves these days I could beat alot of them to death as easily as I could shoot them so I dont see why its so important to get that scary gun away from me, you have to come in striking/grappling distance to do so, you also have to walk all the way too me instead of spending your focus talking to me from where you are with your weapon at the ready, its not a smart play on LEO's side in that situation especially if I am deranged and pissed off, which is what they are allegedly worried about. Maybe its more of a power thing idk to let us know whos boss, if that were stated as plain fact I bet there would quickly be revolution. I have a problem with both sides in the video, its a bad example. The cop is not at fault its the orders hes been given for that scenario, and the OC is just an asshat with no brain and a gun and should not carry ever for the rest of our sakes.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast