OC confronted by police - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: OC confronted by police

1. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    And if it wasn't for that "extremist" Rosa Parks all those black people would still be giving up their seats everytime too many white people got on the buses in Alabama.
    Now, ****** is exspected to give up their earned money.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

3. Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    DUDE. BC1 GOT PWNED. I HAVENT SEEN PWNING LIKE THAT SINCE THE RICK ROLL CAN WE MAKE THIS INTO A MEME SOMEHOW?
    Thank you for the compliment. However, I must disagree with most of the rest of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    On the actual topic, in the vast majority of states, if an LEO requests ID you must produce period.
    That is not true in any state, let alone the vast majority of states. 24 states have stop and ID statutes which require a person to identify themselves (not necessarily show an identification document, but verbally provide name and address at a minimum) when detained by an officer with reasonable and articulable suspicion that the person has, is, or is about to commit a crime. There are no laws that require a person to identify themselves to a police officer when there is no RAS of a crime because that would very clearly violate the 4th Amendment to the US Constitution.

Give the cops a break dude, some old lady called them on you. Show your ID, go about your business.
    Why should I "give the cops a break" simply because some old lady called and reported that I was engaging in perfectly legal activity? A call and report of a person enganging in perfectly legal activity does NOT establish reasonable and articulable suspicion of a crime being committed. In my instance I was eating dinner in a restaurant at dinner time and Mr. John Q. Public calls 911 and reports that I have a gun. Guess what...it is a perfectly legal behavior for me to eat dinner in a restaurant at dinner time with a gun in a holster on my belt. Now that I have learned from the school of hard knocks, IF that situation happens again, and IF a police officer approaches me again and asks, "Would you step outside with me?" my answer will be, "No sir, I do mind. I would like to finish eating my dinner in peace which you are now disturbing. Unless you are officially detaining under reasonable suspicion of committing a crime, I would kindly ask that you allow me to return to peacefully eating my dinner. Are you now detaining me?"

If this OC'er had a permit which im positive he does not, he would know it says on the permit you must present as requested by anyone in some states,
    Again, there is no state that requires a person to show the CCW permit to "anyone" upon their request.

and ive never seen a permit that does not at least state you must present to LEO's on request.
    Arizona is one. "13-3112. Concealed weapons; qualification; application; permit to carry; civil penalty; report; applicability

A. The department of public safety shall issue a permit to carry a concealed weapon to a person who is qualified under this section. The person shall carry the permit at all times when the person is in actual possession of the concealed weapon and is required by any other law to carry the permit. If the person is in actual possession of the concealed weapon and is required by any other law to carry the permit, the person shall present the permit for inspection to any law enforcement officer on request."

In Arizona, a person is not required to have a permit to openly or conceal carry. The permit is optional for concealed carry. The law above says that if a person in Arizona does have a concealed carry permit AND they are carrying a concealed firearm, they must have the permit in their possession and THEN and ONLY THEN are required to display the permit to an officer upon request. However, there is no requirement to carry the permit if the firearm is carried openly...therefore, if an officer requests to see the permit from a person who is not carrying a concealed firearm, they are under no legal obligation to show that permit to the officer upon demand, even though they might have the permit in their possession.

Personally I feel you should be able to tell the cops to eat it if they ask you to disarm for no reason. It is your right to carry, unless there is some extenuating circumstance, not including the conservative old bag in the bushes w. a cell phone.
    And you can, in most states. Unless there is a state law granting police more authority to disarm you than Federal law does, the US Supreme Court only gives police the authority to disarm IF you are being lawfully detained under suspicion of committing a crime AND if they have reasonable suspicion that you are armed AND dangerous. Otherwise they have no authority to disarm a person (again, unless state law specifically allows police to disarm anyone for any reason.)

The cop is not at fault its the orders hes been given for that scenario, and the OC is just an asshat with no brain and a gun and should not carry ever for the rest of our sakes.
    Anytime that a police officer operates outside the legal scope of their authority they most certainly are at fault. It is their responsibility and training to know what the legal limits of their authority is. Police officers deserve no more leeway to operate outside the scope of their legal authority than Joe Q. Public.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

4. Looks like I got pwned too, thanks for the info. I guess ill have to learn to be more of a jerk next time. Im really sick of getting the reach around. Though im pretty sure you are required to have a permit to concealed carry.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Looks like I got pwned too, thanks for the info. I guess ill have to learn to be more of a jerk next time. Im really sick of getting the reach around. Though im pretty sure you are required to have a permit to concealed carry.
    I am assuming you are speaking of having an interaction with a police officer. There is no need to be a jerk in order to stand up for one's rights. There are currently 4 states that do not require a permit to conceal a firearm: Arizona, Vermont, Alaska do not require anyone to have a permit to conceal a firearm that they are legal to possess. Wyoming does not require a permit to conceal a firearm that you are legal to possess, but only if you are a resident of Wyoming. Non-residents still require the permit. That was just the way came out - probably a mistake that will get corrected. Montana does not require a permit to conceal a firearm in unincorporated areas of the state.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678