Secret Service gone to far?

Thread: Secret Service gone to far?

Secret Service gone to far?

I found this article on Sheriff Jim Wilson's face book page. I knew things were getting bad in Washington state, but I had no idea how bad.

Secret service: The feds question a Tacoma seventh grader for a Facebook comment about President Obama and suicide bombers. - KCPQ

3. Moral of this story....Where are the PARENTS in parenting? I mean really...type certain words and the word president in a sentence and it's going to get noticed by Carnivore or whatever it is called now.

And don't give me "freedom of speech" BS...there are just some words you don't string together on the internet and NOT get noticed.
    I don't necessarily mean everything I say, I just do it to see the [email protected]@K on your face - HueMan 1998

Carnivore was replaced with NarusInsight which is also used by the NSA.

The intercepted data flows into NarusInsight Intercept Suite. This data is stored and analyzed for surveillance and forensic analysis purposes.
    CERTIFIED NRA INSTRUCTOR:
    PISTOL | RIFLE | SHOTGUN | PERSONAL PROTECTION I/O

So by stringing these words together I should expect some government official to be knocking at my door? " Biochemical, bomb, president, small pox, US and 12 monkeys" I find that hard to believe but with the way the leaders of this country are behaving I will not put it past them.

The only problem I have with this story is that they did not get the parents permission before integrating him. Then say all he had to do was ask and they would have waited. With the way schools are now teaching history not many of the student know their rights under the US Constitution and being that it was decided that kids under 18 give up their rights when entering into the school. I believe it was during 1995 to 1996 that this was told to kids and their parents after a school principal strip searched student at his school to see who it was that had the stolen items on them.
    Civil Rights in School Search and Seizure
    by Roger T. Manwaring

Students have lesser constitutional rights in school. The Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution, as applied to the states through the Fourteenth Amendment, gives every person the right not to be subjected to unreasonable search and seizure. Of course, this right applies only when, under the circumstances, the person has a reasonable expectation of privacy. The Supreme Court of the United States had made clear that students “do not shed their constitutional rights ... at the schoolhouse gate.” The constitutional prohibition on unreasonable searches applies to public school employees in their dealings with students.

However, because they are students, and due to the unique needs and characteristics of the school setting, students have lesser rights than members of the general public.

What if the search is conducted by school officials but at the request of police? The reasonable suspicion standard does not apply if the search is conducted by school authorities but at the behest of the police. In that situation, probable cause and a warrant are required. However, if the police merely assist in a search instigated by the school, then the lower standard for school searches continues to apply.

Are students accorded greater rights off the school premises? The short answer is “no.” When on field trips, or otherwise off campus but under school supervision, students have only the limited Fourth Amendment rights they have in school. For example, one court upheld the search of a hotel room occupied by a student while on a school trip.
    Here is the link to the page if you want to read the rest.-->School Search Seizure | MA | Civil Rights

6. The kid was well with in his First Amendment rights. He is not old enough to be interviewed without parents or legal guardian present. Honestly the kids intent (during an interview on a news station) came accrossed as generally concerned for Mr. O's well being. And finally parent envolvment in their child's life is good for both.

The fact that the Secret Service detected this seemingly innocent Facebook entry should give pause to anyone who wants to spout poltical rhetoric on any forum on the Internet. George Orwell was right in his book, "1984" about Big Brother watching over everyone. An innocuous statement can be misconstrued to make one look suspicious and cause someone to start banging on your door like you are a criminal. Since the government has already stated veterans, gun-owners and the like are considered to be potential terrorists, I dare say that this site and others of it's ilk could be closely monitored. I am not given to paranoia but, in this day and time, nothing surprises me anymore. One can have thoughts but when you put them in writing on here, Facebook or any other electronic media, you have then left a trail to your door. I intend to leave a paper trail next year by voting to take our country back.

It sounds like the kid expressed concern for the Dear Leader's safety in the wake of OBL's elimination. Let us all take note and express no concerns for same lest our sentiments be misconstrued by the Leibstandarte SS. (Hope I didn't string together the wrong words here.)
    Oldgrunt - It is not paranoia when they really ARE out to get you, and you can bet the Reich Sichertshauptamt monitors this site and all others of similar outlook. We are all on the Enemies List by virtue of our participation herein. Remember - Big Sis said that display of a historic American flag is to be considered the sign of a terrorist. If you are stopped for a defective tail light you can be shot on the spot as a Lone Wolf Domestic Terrorist for having a Gadsden Flag displayed on your vehicle.
    The Bill of Rights has been declared null and void by the Sacred Shysters, and we had all best realize it.
    Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat. There ARE things to be feared more than death. The fyrd is a Constitutional imperative.